Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologies Never Contain the Word "But"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies Never Contain the Word "But"...

I heard that many years ago -- "Apologies Never Contain the Word 'But'"

Naturally, it's a generalization, but the meaning is that a sincere apology is pretty simple.

It's not, "I'm sorry I said that, but you never should have ....."

In marriage, Church, business, family..... when we are truly sorry for something we did, it should be stated clearly and should not be a preface to blaming somebody for our own actions.

I love it when we, on Tweb, make a clear apology for something we did or said or typed. I'll almost ALWAYS amen that. (except, of course, the phony apologies that will now be offered in attempt to gain an amen.)

On a lighter note, it puts me in mind of Fonzi's "I was wrrrrr.. wrrro... I was wrrrroooo... ok, so I wasn't exactly right!"

A sincere apology will, indeed, admit we were wrong.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Yes!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

They could conceivably contain "butt", though. As in, "I'm sorry I didn't automatically say "no" when you asked "Does this make my butt look big?"
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

but....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          but....
          Being a pirate means never having to say you're sorry

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

how about "I am sorry you are such a complete idiot, Mickiel, but, bless your heart, maybe your momma dropped you on your head when you were a baby. And then when she bent over to pick you up, she accidentally kicked you out of the window where you bounced on your head and into the street and got run over by a truck"

Comment