Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you actually USED an 8-Track player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you actually USED an 8-Track player?

I mean - not just HEARD about them, but either owned or actually operated one.

I had a 69 Mercury Cyclone that had an 8-track player in the dash, and we had a Sears Stereo Component Set that included an 8-track player along with the turntable for LP records, which also played 45s and 78s.
    Yes, I owned one, and used it for music
    62.50%
    Didn't own one, but yes - I have used one
    25.00%
    I have never owned nor used an 8-track player
    12.50%
    8-track? What's THAT?
    0.00%
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

We have one somewhere, but no the player. I actually have an Atari(one of the old ones) cartridge somewhere too. It's a Football game.

Comment

IIRC my dad's '69 Pontiac Tempest only had an AM radio in it (with push-buttons!).
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I have never earned nor used an 8-track player

What does earned mean in this context? I never used an 8 track they fell into a time in my life when I would have had no use for one. Were they not exclusively (or nearly) adjuncts of automobiles?
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          I have never earned nor used an 8-track player
          I'd like to know who keeps misspelling my thread titles and poll options!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            IIRC my dad's '69 Pontiac Tempest only had an AM radio in it (with push-buttons!).
            Yeah, the push-buttons were an advanced safety feature that supposedly let you keep your eyes on the road instead of "tuning" the dial.

My '53 Oldsmobile has a button non the floor next to the dimmer switch that let me change radio stations without taking my hands off the wheel.

Comment

My mom had one with a few 8 tracks. We used to listen to Eddie Rabbit and Kenny Rogers. I can't tell you how many times I heard "Two dollars in the juke box"
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

My '65 Chevy Malibu had a standard AM radio, so I added an under the dash 8 track player. People were stealing them so much that I mounted mine in a quick disconnect frame so I could take it into the house at night!
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

My grandmother had an 8-track that we always used to use around Christmas time, since she only had Christmas tapes left. It had a radio and a record player too.

And we had an old Atari, although I don't specifically remember which model (not the 2600). I think we even had a LaserDisc player at one point.

Comment

My Dad had a big old Chrysler Imperial with an 8-track in it. Best ever!

Until cassettes......and then until cd's.

I am not past that part yet......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I had a old radio, as a kid, that has an 8-track player on it. I even used it once too, just so I could say I did.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I mean - not just HEARD about them, but either owned or actually operated one.

I had a 69 Mercury Cyclone that had an 8-track player in the dash, and we had a Sears Stereo Component Set that included an 8-track player along with the turntable for LP records, which also played 45s and 78s.
                        Even recorded albums on to 8 track to listen to them in the car. Nothing like the loud Clunk sound mid-song as it changed tracks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As a kid, I remember that one of my aunts had an 8-track player that I played with. I didn't care about the music; I just liked pressing the buttons to change tracks and see the pretty changing track indicator lights on the display. It was very short-lived, and the only time I ever actually used one.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I had a '77 Chevy Nova Rally that had an 8-track in it. Loved it!

372925.JPG

Comment