Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Our Family Could Really Use Some Prayer Right Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Family Could Really Use Some Prayer Right Now.

I'm not exactly ready to share exactly what happened, but rest assured it's something terrible. I might share what happened later on, but right now I'm not ready. Prayers would be extremely appreciated.

Comment

ing for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        I'm not exactly ready to share exactly what happened, but rest assured it's something terrible. I might share what happened later on, but right now I'm not ready. Prayers would be extremely appreciated.
        In cases like this, I often just lift the request to God, not pretending to be so smart as to advise Him on what to do.

You're a good guy, Chraw -- you are in my prayers.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the prayers. I really appreciate it.

I might as well share what exactly happened, as I was going to do it eventually, and I figured sooner was better than later.

To put it as shortly as possible: My little brother, who's living in Vaasa, which is about an 1-2 hour drive away from where I live just tried to commit suicide by overdosing on pills. His wife found him and called the ambulance and my mother got a phone call from my older brother, who also lives in Vaasa, and now she and some of my other siblings are going by car to Vaasa while I'm waiting at home and feeling like a mess. As soon as I get some updates I will post them here.
            Last edited by JonathanL; 02-09-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Many of us have been through this sort of thing, sweetie. Praying for you all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks for the prayers. I really appreciate it.

I might as well share what exactly happened, as I was going to do it eventually, and I figured sooner was better than later.

To put it as shortly as possible: My little brother, who's living in Vaasa, which is about an 1-2 hour drive away from where I live just tried to commit suicide by overdosing on pills. His wife found him and called the ambulance and my mother got a phone call from my older brother, who also lives in Vaasa, and now she and some of my other siblings are going by car to Vaasa while I'm waiting at home and feeling like a mess. As soon as I get some updates I will post them here.
                Praying for, among other things, you and your family to know what to do -- and what not to do.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Update: I just got a call from my mother a few seconds ago. Apparently they've given my brother some activated carbon over at the hospital to take care of the substances in the pills which he ingested, and his condition is stable for now. The danger isn't entirely over, but I can only give thanks to God, and pray that He continues to watch over my brother until he recovers fully.
                  Last edited by JonathanL; 02-09-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Update: I just got a call from my mother a few seconds ago. Apparently they've given my brother some activated carbon over at the hospital to take care of the substances in the pills which he ingested, and his condition is stable for now. The danger isn't entirely over, but I can only give thanks to God, and pray that He continues to watch over my brother until he recovers fully.
                      At the risk of being .. um.. presumptuous... often this type of suicide "attempt" is a cry for help. I'm praying he gets the help he's seeking, and that those attending him will be led by the Spirit.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          At the risk of being .. um.. presumptuous... often this type of suicide "attempt" is a cry for help. I'm praying he gets the help he's seeking, and that those attending him will be led by the Spirit.
                          No, you're not being presumptuous at all. I don't know if he was actually intent on taking his life, but the general situation with our family hasn't exactly been great these recent years and my brother is more emotional than I am, so it has probably affected him more adversely than it has me. From what I've perceived he's always had a close relationship with God though, so I'm hoping it will take him through this.

Comment

No, you're not being presumptuous at all. I don't know if he was actually intent on taking his life, but the general situation with our family hasn't exactly been great these recent years and my brother is more emotional than I am, so it has probably affected him more adversely than it has me. From what I've perceived he's always had a close relationship with God though, so I'm hoping it will take him through this.
                            and

Comment

Is there an understanding pastor (or, failing that, a good psychotherapist) he can talk to? Having someone you can talk to freely about what's really troubling you can do wonders.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment