Internet Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Safety

Discuss. Are the rules the same for every age group? One rule is to never meet someone who you only know online in real life. Or brign plenty of back up if you do meet the person in a neutral location with plenty of people around.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

I already broke that one with the one TWebber I have met, but we did meet in a public place, eh.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I reckon things vary somewhat. I know of one couple, who are expecting a baby, who met on TWeb. I think we did warn KG that Cath was a bit odd, but he married her all the same

I've met one person that I've met online (one another forum board) and she and her husband have ended up being good friends with mine beloved and I).

But caution is always good.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

That's obviously a good rule for kids. Things change a bit as you get older though caution is always good.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I have met four Twebbers in real life.

And lived to tell the tale.

But, yes, we must absolutely be cautious about meeting strangers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Are there people who break the rule about meeting in a public place with back up? I guess so, you do sometimes hear horror stories...

Comment

Actually, I just remembered I have met 7 members.

Each time except for one my husband was with me, and the other time the person I met was another woman and it was a very public place and she had her kids with her.

It was all good.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I suspect any creeps would get banned here, especially if they were obvious about being evil creepy people.

Comment

I met my wife on this site.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Cool. Have there ever been anybody banned for being a creep on tweb?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      There have been a number of people over the years who have been banned but generally the reasons for people being banned aren't made public.

Comment

Yes. Can't recall names.

And we have had more than one marriage here between members.

Comment

Why do the internet safety psa's seem to focus on MySpace?

Comment

Why do the internet safety psa's seem to focus on MySpace?
                            Probably because that's what was popular when they started making them; when the issue came into the public's attention. There was a high profile case or two involving that site. But new sites become popular faster than they can keep up with. I don't really even know what's popular anymore.

Comment

I think a major reason kids like to move on to new sites really fast is so they can stay away from the eyes of their parents.

Comment