Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

PETA is pure evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA is pure evil

Been reading on facebook and other places more atrocities by PETA. They claim eating meat is evil, put out comics depicting parents glorifying in butchering animals to scare kids, and claim to be for the "Ethical treatment of animals"

Yet what they really want is to just kill people's pets. They think keeping pets is somehow "cruel" and will use any excuse to kill a pet rather than find it a home. Even shelters that euthanize will attempt to find homes for their animals before resorting to euthanizing. Peta starts out by euthanizing or just plain killing animals it takes in. It even will go so far as to STEAL pets from people and kill them.

Check this out:
    http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/maya/
    On October 18, 2014, in Parksley, VA, PETA stole Maya, a happy and healthy dog, from her porch while her family was out. They killed her that very day.

According to a spokesman for Maya’s family, PETA came to the trailer park where the family lives, where most of the residents are Spanish speaking with few resources. The PETA representatives befriended the residents. They got to know who lived where and who had dogs. In fact, they sat with the family on the same porch off which they later took Maya. Waiting until the family was away from the home, PETA employees backed their van up to the porch and threw biscuits to Maya, in an attempt to coax her off her property and therefore give PETA the ability to claim she was a stray dog “at large.” But Maya refused to stay off the porch and ran back. Thinking that no one was around, one of the employees—who was later charged with larceny—went onto the property and took Maya.

When the family returned and found their beloved Maya missing, they searched around the neighborhood before checking the video on the surveillance camera. That is when they saw the PETA van on the film and recognized the woman who had come to their house on prior occasions to talk to them about Maya. They called PETA and asked for Maya’s return. According to a family spokesperson, PETA claimed it did not have the dog. When PETA was told that its employees had been filmed taking the dog, they hung up. Shortly afterward, a PETA attorney called and informed the family that Maya was dead. PETA had killed her

surveillance video

I think PETA has officially developed a "god" complex...that's just sick...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Not the first time PETA members have been prosecuted for killing pets.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I actually hate peta. I have always gotten a pet from a local foster organization, a breeder, or someone who's pet got out before they were spayed. Hey, can't go wrong with giving an animal a loving home.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

There's also People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, don't confuse them with these nut jobs.

Comment

PETA has never made any sense.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

PETA refused to speak to any media about this. They are cowards who will not even explain what they did.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

how many people donate to PETA, thinking they are helping animals and pets, while in reality they are helping PETA to kill them?

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dougla...b_6648696.html
                  WHISTLEBLOWER: PETA Ex-Employee Alleges She Was Encouraged to Steal and Kill Pets, and to Falsify Records

According to Harper-Troje, Ingrid Newkirk authorized her staff to steal pets -- animals that were then killed, immediately -- and records of killing were routinely doctored. Ms. Harper-Troje is an exceptionally brave woman -- she is willing to go on the record and use her real name. She will be eviscerated.

http://wavy.com/2015/02/11/peta-euth...rom-last-year/
                  NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – New numbers show just how many dogs and cats PETA put down at it’s Norfolk shelter last year.

This comes as the locally-based animal welfare group has come under fire for taking a chihuahua without permission and euthanizing it.

By law, PETA and other animal shelters are required to submit their records annually to the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The records show that in 2014, PETA took in 1,606 cats and 1,025 dogs.

The fate of those animals breaks down as follows:

16 of those cats were adopted, 43 were given to other Virginia Releasing Agencies, and 1,536 (95.64 percent) were euthanized.
                  23 of PETA’s 1,025 dogs were adopted, 209 were transferred to other Virginia Releasing agencies, and 788 (nearly 77 percent) were euthanized.

Comment

I have heard rumours for years that they have been doing this sort of thing.

Hopefully this will pull the curtains back and show them for what they are.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Ingrid Newkirk is a crazy woman who believes no animal should be held captive, but should be dead or left in its natural habitat. However she's smart enough to know better than to say this, because Peta would be shut down immediately.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Seriously? I'd think getting plenty of food, being in a safe place, and having plenty of enrichment would be a domesticated animal's paradise! A good owner is much better for a tame animal than being in the wild!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Ingrid Newkirk is a crazy woman who believes no animal should be held captive, but should be dead or left in its natural habitat. However she's smart enough to know better than to say this, because Peta would be shut down immediately.
                          Homes are the natural habitat of pets like dogs and cats. They don't live in the wild. Dogs were bred from wolves to be domesticated, for instance. They never existed in the wild. If it were not for men, there would be no dogs.

But PETA doesn't get that, or even care. Like you said, they just want to kill the pets. They think "owning" animals is slavery and cruel. Most pets are treated as well as people's own children and are part of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Homes are the natural habitat of pets like dogs and cats. They don't live in the wild. Dogs were bred from wolves to be domesticated, for instance. They never existed in the wild. If it were not for men, there would be no dogs.

But PETA doesn't get that, or even care. Like you said, they just want to kill the pets. They think "owning" animals is slavery and cruel. Most pets are treated as well as people's own children and are part of the family.
                            Oh believe me I know. My parent's poodle slept in the lazy chair all of her life or in my or my sister's bed. My cat sleeps on my feet. Not to mention he has always been given his own bathroom and fed a highly personalize diet and gets to eat my sandwich if its made from lunch meat. He also likes to climb up for attention and sit with the baby as long as she's asleep. He kinda likes her. And he prefer's to accompany me for everything I do, and yes I don't mind the extra company. Don't know what I'd do without it.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And many modern (and relatively modern) breeds of dog would simply not do well in the wild. They're far too specialized and in many cases "fragile." There is a reason that wild dogs the world over are essentially a certain size and shape.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X