PDA

View Full Version : Using PayPal

Teallaura
02-14-2015, 11:15 AM
I'll be darned if I can figure this out. I spent two HOURS last night getting a mobile PIN (most of that finding out a. that I needed one and b. where the heck to get one! :argh:). Did what I was told, got the PIN so does it work in store at DG like it's supposed to? No. :brood:

Anyone know how to do this?

Sparko
02-14-2015, 12:14 PM
I just transfer funds in pay pal to my checking account. Do you have a pay pal debit card or something? Never heard of a mobile pin.

mossrose
02-14-2015, 12:34 PM
My paypal account just uses my credit card.

I only need a password to my paypal account.

:nsm:

Teallaura
02-14-2015, 01:02 PM
I transfer most to my checking account - 3 to 5 days (thus far it's usually been, 5 + :sigh:) but I'd seen the signs and knew it was possible so I wanted to see if I could use it that way. From PayPal's community forum, I'm not alone in having trouble with it.

:shrug:

Cow Poke
02-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I just transfer funds in pay pal to my checking account. Do you have a pay pal debit card or something? Never heard of a mobile pin.

Yeah, I just let paypal draw from my checking account on an as-neeeded basis, so I'm not tying up money out in cyberspace unnecessarily.

02-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Paypal is OK. It is my preferred online payment method, when available. I do not want to use Paypal with my cell phone. So no pin wanted.

KingsGambit
02-15-2015, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the warning. I was considering giving the PayPal option at Dollar General a try but if it's that unreliable I don't want to waste my time and the time of those in line behind me.

Teallaura
02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Getting it set up seems to be the hassle. Others that have managed to get it working haven't had the problem afterward. :shrug: