Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Holy cow! Meat eaters consume 7,000 animals in lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cow! Meat eaters consume 7,000 animals in lifetime

The average person will chomp down on 7,000 animals during their lives, according to the Vegetarian Calculator.

It breaks down to 11 cows, 27 pigs, 2,400 chickens, 80 turkeys, 30 sheep and 4,500 fish, according to the group.

The organization advocates that people eat less meat to have a more positive impact on the environment.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/nati...time/70136010/

27 pigs? Sparko had TWICE that for breakfast!!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Obviously I need to up my quota.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      The average person will chomp down on 7,000 animals during their lives, according to the Vegetarian Calculator.

It breaks down to 11 cows, 27 pigs, 2,400 chickens, 80 turkeys, 30 sheep and 4,500 fish, according to the group.

The organization advocates that people eat less meat to have a more positive impact on the environment.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/nati...time/70136010/

27 pigs? Sparko had TWICE that for breakfast!!

and just think about people who like to eat shrimp! I think that number is seriously undercalculated.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste so good!

Comment

What about all the teeny animals that vegetarians eat every day? Bacteria are animals! Save the bacteria!!!

Comment

dear-vegetarians-meme.jpg

Comment

I eat meat so there are now only
            3 cows, 7 pigs, 800 chickens, 26 turkeys, 29 sheep and 4,490 fish left to move around on my behalf.

If we didn't eat our share we would have an overpopulation of all these critters.
            Oh yeah. I will have to start eating more fish won't I?

Comment

Every Peep you eat on Easter should count as one.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                What about all the teeny animals that vegetarians eat every day? Bacteria are animals! Save the bacteria!!!
                And what about the animals that the animals WE eat eat.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Save the prawn, eat more whales!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    How many carnivores have you eaten in your lifetime? I've had rattlesnake once or twice, iirc. I think that's it.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                      How many carnivores have you eaten in your lifetime? I've had rattlesnake once or twice, iirc. I think that's it.
                      Considering most fish eat other fish...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Every Peep you eat on Easter should count as one.
                        That number would skyrocket on average for me alone.

Of course, due to money and health concerns we are cutting way back. I've been limited to one candy item this year. Unless they the chocolate flavored Peeps(not chocolate dipped, although they are good too), I'll probably just get a Reese's Egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Considering most fish eat other fish...
                          That's a fair point, though I don't eat much fish. Most of it has been catfish which is farm-raised.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

That's a fair point, though I don't eat much fish. Most of it has been catfish which is farm-raised.
                            I love swordfish.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wish we knew someone who could fry up the catfish from our friend's pond. I'm guessing they would be really.

Of course, I've never eaten catfish before, but this would give me the chance to try it. Also, if I don't like it there are bluegill, bass, and perch in there too.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X