Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

The dress test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dress test

Okay this may sound silly but the whole dress test thing from a couple weeks ago where you either see the dress as black and blue or white or gold is making me suicidal, since I don't see it the right colors. Lots of people who say they are more intelligent than everybody else and are fans of David Hume are posting saying, "Well it's clearly these colors [the right colors]". Like this podcaster on Cracked (removed it because of curse words) and the people at ASAP science on Youtube, say "We though it was a joke since the color is blue and black." I downloaded it to my computer, and used the pick tool in MSPaint and it picks it up as a dull dark bronze goldish greyish color.

I can see the blueish tint but can't see the other color at all. This proves that I can't see reality.
    Last edited by Christy; 03-12-2015, 11:31 AM.

there is another thread about this somewhere.

Basically it depends on how the photo is exposed. The photo in question is exposed to the point that the black looks brownish gold and the blue looks white. It's a bad photograph

Comment

The only proper response to the dress question that any man can give is "No. It does not make your butt look big."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, when I saw that picture of the dress I saw it as blueish and brownish, not the options they gave.

Comment

here is the other thread:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...e-Great-Debate

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Yeah, when I saw that picture of the dress I saw it as blueish and brownish, not the options they gave.
            Yeah, me too. Everyone's wrong, dangit!
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I like Rogue's answer
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

All that really matters is what color the dress believes itself to be.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It believes itself to be blue. And look at that! It's objectively blue too.
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

XKCD had a nice explanation:

https://xkcd.com/1492/
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

In fourteen-hundred ninety-two
                      Randall explained the dress that's blue
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment