Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sir Terry Pratchett

His wit and humor will be sorely missed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-disease.html
    Last edited by Raphael; 03-12-2015, 12:46 PM.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

He was one of the funniest authors I have ever read. I think I have read most of his books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He was one of the funniest authors I have ever read. I think I have read most of his books.
      I don't know if I've read most of his books, but when I was in my last years of primary school and still used to go to the public library I used to fill my bags with his books, go home, read all of them over the week, return them, and repeat the process.

Comment

Arggg. So many of my favorite authors seem to be dying.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I don't remember reading anything of his.

Comment

You have missed out.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              I don't remember reading anything of his.
              check out his Discworld series. starting with "the color of magic"
              Amazon.com Review
              The Colour of Magic is Terry Pratchett's maiden voyage through the bizarre land of Discworld. His entertaining and witty series has grown to more than 20 books, and this is where it all starts--with the tourist Twoflower and his hapless wizard guide, Rincewind ("All wizards get like that ... it's the quicksilver fumes. Rots their brains. Mushrooms, too."). Pratchett spoofs fantasy clichés--and everything else he can think of--while marshalling a profusion of characters through a madcap adventure.

I especially like to listen to them on audiobooks from Audible.com - the narrator nails it with dry British humor.

They have even made movies and cartoons from various books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                check out his Discworld series. starting with "the color of magic"
                Amazon.com Review
                The Colour of Magic is Terry Pratchett's maiden voyage through the bizarre land of Discworld. His entertaining and witty series has grown to more than 20 books, and this is where it all starts--with the tourist Twoflower and his hapless wizard guide, Rincewind ("All wizards get like that ... it's the quicksilver fumes. Rots their brains. Mushrooms, too."). Pratchett spoofs fantasy clichés--and everything else he can think of--while marshalling a profusion of characters through a madcap adventure.

I especially like to listen to them on audiobooks from Audible.com - the narrator nails it with dry British humor.

They have even made movies and cartoons from various books.
                And stop with "Unseen Academicals" (I think that's book #37). After that, it appears that someone else (probably his daughter) was doing the writing, and they're just not the same.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  And stop with "Unseen Academicals" (I think that's book #37). After that, it appears that someone else (probably his daughter) was doing the writing, and they're just not the same.
                  I liked Raising Steam.

Comment

0000000000tp.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X