PDA

View Full Version : Another Christian Film - WAR ROOM

Cow Poke
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
This one was excellent, and seemed to me to be quite a cut above some of the recent Christian Films.

Anecdotally, several weeks ago, a good pastor friend of our separated from his wife. Supposedly irreconcilable differences, and reportedly, no third parties involved.

We asked him and his wife to attend the Pastor's Screening of this film with us, and they did.

As we were wrapping up, and putting things away, somebody brought to our attention that our Pastor friend and his wife were on their knees in the parking lot praying together. If that isn't the Power of the Spirit!

I've seen lots of Christian Films, but I think this one has some real Holy Spirit Power behind it.

http://warroomthemovie.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx5kpJ5mkeE

Sparko
04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
what is it about? The trailer doesn't really say.

Irate Canadian
04-23-2015, 12:56 PM

Tony and Elizabeth Jordan have it all—great jobs, a beautiful daughter, and their dream house. But appearances can be deceiving. Tony and Elizabeth Jordan’s world is actually crumbling under the strain of a failing marriage. While Tony basks in his professional success and flirts with temptation, Elizabeth resigns herself to increasing bitterness. But their lives take an unexpected turn when Elizabeth meets her newest client, Miss Clara, and is challenged to establish a “war room” and a battle plan of prayer for her family. As Elizabeth tries to fight for her family, Tony’s hidden struggles come to light. Tony must decide if he will make amends to his family and prove Miss Clara’s wisdom that victories don’t come by accident.
Here's the description.

Scrawly
04-23-2015, 01:01 PM
As a relatively young single male: I'll pass.

Cow Poke
04-23-2015, 01:03 PM

The power of prayer.

Teallaura
04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
<waits for August>

Cow Poke
04-23-2015, 02:32 PM
As a relatively young single male: I'll pass.

Ah - you assume the main theme is marriage and family? :smug:

Scrawly
04-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Ah - you assume the main theme is marriage and family? :smug:

Well, the main theme - "the power of prayer" - is hopelessly intertwined with the sub-theme - marriage and family. :smug:

Cow Poke
04-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Well, the main theme - "the power of prayer" - is hopelessly intertwined with the sub-theme - marriage and family. :smug:

You say that like it's a bad thing! :smile:

Irate Canadian
04-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Hopelessly?

Why don't you like either of the themes?

Scrawly
04-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Hopelessly?

Why don't you like either of the themes?

Oh hush, young one.