Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hello - Long time, no see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Long time, no see

Hi everyone,

It's been a while. I thought I would come back and check up on you all.
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while. I thought I would come back and check up on you all.
    Hey there Darth Ovious. Welcome Back!
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Welcome back Darth Ovious.
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks guys.

So what has changed since I've been away?

Any major conversions or de-conversions?

Any sad news that I may of missed? I'm hoping not.
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

As to your last question about conversion, Leonhard is a Christian again.

Comment

OBP still hasn't been turned into bacon -- yet

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

As to your last question about conversion, Leonhard is a Christian again.
              I remember Leonhard. Used to read a lot of his posts in the screwball threads.

Comment

Rogue06 still hasn't learned how not to keep blowing stuff up.
                "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

OBP still hasn't been turned into bacon -- yet
                  WHAT????????? This is preposterous. How can you resist the lure of bacon for this long?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                    This implies that I'm not supposed to. What utter silliness.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                      It's his interest in science. It's always the science lab he is blowing up.

Comment

WHAT????????? This is preposterous. How can you resist the lure of bacon for this long?
                        He isn't the only source.

Btw, OBP, Sparko, mossy and Raphael are the owners of Tweb now.

Comment

He isn't the only source.

Btw, OBP, Sparko, mossy and Raphael are the owners of Tweb now.
                          That is a big change. It used be Dee Dee Warren and a couple of others.

EDIT: What did you do to Dee Dee Warren?

Comment

That is a big change. It used be Dee Dee Warren and a couple of others.

EDIT: What did you do to Dee Dee Warren?
                            She is now living in Colorado and was posting here yesterday.

Comment

She is now living in Colorado and was posting here yesterday.
                              Sure, I believe you. No kidnapping was involved at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X