PDA

View Full Version : What man things do you like to do with your friends?

shunyadragon
02-08-2014, 04:03 AM
On Some morning my friends and I take a 1 to 3 mile hike on Occanechee Mountain (actually a big hill). We take our dogs too.

Cow Poke
02-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I like target shooting, building things, tending a fire in the fireplace, and long walks on the beach.

(OK, not so much the walks on the beach :smile:)

shunyadragon
02-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I like target shooting, building things, tending a fire in the fireplace, and long walks on the beach.

(OK, not so much the walks on the beach :smile:)

Is this with other men?

Cow Poke
02-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Is this with other men?

Hmmmm... target shooting is with other men, or with my wife... the tending a fire is either alone or with my wife and/or family, and the "building things" is usually a solo activity.

nico
02-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Make fun of each other relentlessly, fault each other for the smallest things, and karate chop their throats when I run out of witty comebacks.

Epoetker
02-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Only about half of the tech conversations we have end that way.

Jedidiah
02-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I used to love to go dip netting with the guys, but few of us are still fit enough to do it. I certainly am not.

Cow Poke
02-09-2014, 05:19 AM
Make fun of each other relentlessly, fault each other for the smallest things, and karate chop their throats when I run out of witty comebacks.

If I might ever so politely offer some scriptural advice....
1 Cor 13 [11]*When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[/quote]

nico
02-09-2014, 09:52 AM
If I might ever so politely offer some scriptural advice....
1 Cor 13 [11]*When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[/QUOTE]

Sounds boring, so I'll file your advise away for the next 30 or 50 years when throat chopping gets dangerous.

supton
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure I do much of anything with other men. Help them when they ask, that's about it. Outside of a bi-weekly small group I actually don't meet up with men on any sort of basis. :shrug"

Cow Poke
02-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I love "church work days" with our men. We often invite men who seem only to come because their wife comes, and I usually find a compelling reason to "need them". One guy was a backhoe operator, and we needed to dig up a gas line for the city to inspect, so I asked him if he'd help out. He ended up being a really great guy, we had a lot of fun clowning around, but getting the job done, and he became a WILLING attendee to Church. :smile: