PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry

DLAbaoaqu
05-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I went borderline insane a few weeks back. This video sums up what was going through my mind all the while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjFRJlwYng

This was compounded by a history of exchanges with an ex-friend since at least 2006 (he is athee) and numerous examples of FA crap on the internet. I've seen just about all of it:

"'Sky Daddy' this..."
"'Bronze Age' that..."
"Religious people are stupider than us!"
"Atheism is on the rise! ON THE RISE! ON THE RISE!"

I began to notice that nobody in the media wanted to side with us. Every time you're online or turn on the TV, if a Christian is portrayed, it's always in a negative light.
Our own people are drowned in the Mediterranean and forced from their ancient homes. Yet everyone is only concerned with gender-neutral bathrooms and such. When someone actually had the gumption to speak out, the athee accused them of being intellectually dishonest.

Eventually, it dawned on me: the athee are afraid of us; afraid of what would happen if the Church were to take action, because there are more of us than there are of them. They were able to exploit my people because we take "turn the other cheek" to mean "let them walk all over you". Thus, I created a variant of Liberation Theology: the best way to fight the athee, if all else fails, is through force of arms; stand up for your fellow believers and put down the Godless that mock you.

I just needed action. Change, as I saw it, would not come from above.

Teallaura
05-07-2015, 10:34 PM
:hug:

John 16:33 "I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

It's just the skirmishes - the war is already won. Trust Him.

Darth Ovious
05-08-2015, 04:49 AM
I went borderline insane a few weeks back. This video sums up what was going through my mind all the while:

This was compounded by a history of exchanges with an ex-friend since at least 2006 (he is athee) and numerous examples of FA crap on the internet. I've seen just about all of it:

"'Sky Daddy' this..."
"'Bronze Age' that..."
"Religious people are stupider than us!"
"Atheism is on the rise! ON THE RISE! ON THE RISE!"

I began to notice that nobody in the media wanted to side with us. Every time you're online or turn on the TV, if a Christian is portrayed, it's always in a negative light.
Our own people are drowned in the Mediterranean and forced from their ancient homes. Yet everyone is only concerned with gender-neutral bathrooms and such. When someone actually had the gumption to speak out, the athee accused them of being intellectually dishonest.

Eventually, it dawned on me: the athee are afraid of us; afraid of what would happen if the Church were to take action, because there are more of us than there are of them. They were able to exploit my people because we take "turn the other cheek" to mean "let them walk all over you". Thus, I created a variant of Liberation Theology: the best way to fight the athee, if all else fails, is through force of arms; stand up for your fellow believers and put down the Godless that mock you.

I just needed action. Change, as I saw it, would not come from above.

The atheists can't truly win. Everything they believe or more so don't believe in eventually leads to breakdown. They don't reproduce and so birth rates decline where secularism takes holds. Every society in the world that survives/survived is because they structure a set of rules for the benefit of their survival and in every one of them they have rules for marriage, family and reproduction.

The atheists as a group don't believe in these kind of rules or more specifically they don't believe in advocating society in general to follow these kinds of rules as a must. They believe more in individual autonomy rather than what's best for society.

Cerebrum123
05-08-2015, 05:50 AM

John 16:33 "I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

It's just the skirmishes - the war is already won. Trust Him.

There's also this to keep in mind.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The physical realm isn't where the real battle lies, but in the spiritual realm. It's still a fight, but a different kind, with different weapons. I remember one guy who complained about my use of the Bible as using scripture "hand grenades". I think he meant it as a way of mocking me, but I think it shows something different. He probably meant I was just lobbing things out, trying to see if anything would stick. That's not what I was doing. I was using the verses in context, and trying to show why they applied. If anything, I think it shows just how powerful those verses really are, especially when they hit the target. :yes:

ETA: @DLA, I'm glad you are doing better. You really shouldn't let anger and frustration get to that point. We all have our breaking points. You need to know where that is, and do everything you need to to not get there. Glad to see you back. :yes:

Sparko
05-08-2015, 06:14 AM
According to the bible, Jesus doesn't come back until the world has turned against God and Christianity, so think of it this way, the worse things seem, the closer Jesus is.

Scrawly
05-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Atheist's exist..?

pancreasman
05-08-2015, 05:30 PM
If I may depart from all the encouragement and backslapping, and fully cognisant that I will be ripped apart by defenders, I must say I don't see much actual repentance here. He's blaming atheists for his outbursts advocating physical violence against people who disagree with his world view. There was a legitimate reason he was sanctioned and I don't see him actually repudiating those ideas.

This whole 'combat model' of dialogue between Christians and non-Christians I think is counterproductive to both. And really, it's only small potatoes and mostly just nerds on both sides who have too much time on their hands and enjoy yelling at people on the internet.

As has been pointed out already, your warfare is NOT against flesh and blood.

I believe this young man needs guidance and nurturing so that his passion may develop and mature.

You can start stoning me now.

Yttrium
05-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Violently attacking people who are not physically harming you comes with a number of obvious problems:

- You will reinforce the negative portrayal and galvanize your opposition against you. In effect, you will make things worse.

- It's against the law. You will force the police to hunt you down and imprison you.

- It goes against Jesus' second commandment.

- The vast majority of Christians will not support you, and will instead condemn your actions, for all of the above reasons.

I advise working in your community to make Christians look good, in order to help counter the negative portrayals.

fm93
05-08-2015, 07:39 PM
I went borderline insane a few weeks back.
You're not still borderline insane, judging by the fact that you're still on this website with the rest of us in this madhouse?

This was compounded by a history of exchanges with an ex-friend since at least 2006 (he is athee)
oh my goodness please stop the annoying faux-french terms you are going to drive me borderline insane

Stephen Colbert? NT Wright (Colbert had him as a guest at least once)? Pope Francis? Jim Gaffigan? The Tuohy family, as portrayed in "The Blind Side?" I think you're overstating things. Even famous fictional characters such as Ned Flanders, who due to being fictional can be used as the most extreme caricatures, are still clearly shown to ultimately be decent, noble people at the bottom of it all. Heck, even the (in)famously irreverent creators of South Park still portrayed quite a few religious people as good folks just doing their best to find meaning and provide positive value in people's lives.

Our own people are drowned in the Mediterranean and forced from their ancient homes. Yet everyone is only concerned with gender-neutral bathrooms and such.
?

When someone actually had the gumption to speak out, the athee accused them of being intellectually dishonest.
?

Sigh.

In Jesus' time, "the world" hated his disciples for spreading his radical message of love for ALL people, of being honest enough to recognize individual flaws and acknowledging personal imperfection and the need for a savior, of a God who would exalt the poor and meek while humbling the wealthy and powerful. Nowadays, the world is deeply annoyed with people who claim to be Jesus' disciples for denying well-established facts of science, breaking promises to sponsor needy children just because a humanitarian organization said it would hire gay people to help, turning a blind eye towards priests who manipulated and exploited young children. In the first century, Jesus said of his disciples "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." In the twenty-first century, observation would have you believe the verse actually said "By this everyone will know you are my disciples: if you align with conservative politics."

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "basically no threat to Christendom" and 10 being "all of Christendom is at stake," fundamentalist atheists who throw around terms like "sky daddy" and "bronze age goat herders" register at maybe a -2. You're picking your fights with the wrong group. In Jesus' time, the world was against Christianity because it couldn't bear the powerful and convicting message of Jesus. Nowadays, "the world" is against "Christianity" because of a widespread perception that the church has sorrowfully failed in fulfilling Jesus' message.

The key point here, of course, is that what the world perceives as Christianity isn't truly Christianity, but rather, a mere caricature of it. Your fight ought to be focused on showing the world just what Christianity truly is.

Darth Executor
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
- You will reinforce the negative portrayal and galvanize your opposition against you. In effect, you will make things worse.

Works fine for muslims, for the most part their countries have done an excellent job of resisting secular progressive rot. And in the West atheists act against Christians with greater zeal than they do against muslims precisely because the former don't fight.

DLAbaoaqu
05-12-2015, 04:35 PM
What about subjects like this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?6828-Losing-Our-Religion ?

How do you counter crap like this?

pancreasman
05-12-2015, 04:38 PM
What about subjects like this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?6828-Losing-Our-Religion ?

Since absolutely nobody is regarding it seriously, why should you?

DLAbaoaqu
05-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Since absolutely nobody is regarding it seriously, why should you?

Because my people are bleeding.

fm93
05-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Because my people are bleeding.
As Adrift speculated in that thread, it's possible that the primary cause of the decline is actually from nominal Christians (who didn't actually know anything about Christianity and would be/were terrible witnesses) who became more aware of what they actually were. So it could be that nothing has really changed with the church; it's just that some people who weren't really in the church but culturally identified with it stopped culturally identifying with it.

But even if the possibility that I raised is the case--that the people who led to the decline were genuine Christians--why should you worry about "fundamentalist atheism," per se? As you and I (and several atheists themselves, from what I've seen) acknowledge, arguments from the FA leaders like Dawkins are terrible and blatantly flawed. I doubt that particularly many genuine Christians who were actually educated about their faith fell away on the basis of arguments from the FA crowd. Not only are they an extremely weak enemy, they also appear to be an insignificant enemy.

Raphael
05-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Our own people are drowned in the Mediterranean and forced from their ancient homes. Yet everyone is only concerned with gender-neutral bathrooms and such. ?
Refugees on a boat crossing the Mediterranean. The Muslims refugees murdered the dozen Christian refugees on board for being Christian, and not praying to Allah.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3044584/Pray-Allah-ll-throw-overboard-Muslims-ordered-Christians-punctured-dinghy-African-migrants-sank-Mediterranean.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/16/europe/italy-migrants-christians-thrown-overboard/

Raphael
05-12-2015, 05:28 PM

the bit from FirstFloor? As Pman said you ignore him as being an irrelevant buzz in the background. He's barely making any grammatical sense, let alone any logical point.

The bit about the numbers of Christian's declining in America? I look to the explosion of the size of the Church in China and rejoice. I look to the bravery exhibited by Christian martyrs in the face of the brutality of ISIS and I celebrate their boldness and steadfastness.

2 Tim 3:12 ESV Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Romans 8:31-35 ESV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

1 Peter 4:14-16 ESV If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.

James 1:2-3 ESV Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

Sea of red
05-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Works fine for muslims, for the most part their countries have done an excellent job of resisting secular progressive rot.
Yes, and their countries are third-world violent armpits of humanity.

And in the West atheists act against Christians with greater zeal than they do against muslims precisely because the former don't fight.
We fight you because you want to turn places we live into Theo-Fascist armpits just like Islamic nations.

Sparko
05-13-2015, 05:43 AM
Because my people are bleeding.We aren't your people. You ain't God. Get over yourself.

Darth Ovious
05-13-2015, 07:16 AM
We fight you because you want to turn places we live into Theo-Fascist armpits just like Islamic nations.

Is this directed at DE in particular? Or are we talking about Christians in a general sense.

Sea of red
05-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Is this directed at DE in particular? Or are we talking about Christians in a general sense.
It was directed at him and the other two weirdos.

Darth Ovious
05-13-2015, 07:51 AM
It was directed at him and the other two weirdos.

Would those be DLAbaoaqu and Paprika by any chance?

Sea of red
05-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Would those be DLAbaoaqu and Paprika by any chance?
You're on fire.

DLAbaoaqu
05-13-2015, 11:29 AM

Your Christophobia is showing and you are only confirming everything I have been saying.
You are not helping.

Cerebrum123
05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Your Christophobia is showing and you are only confirming everything I have been saying.
You are not helping.

He's not saying that about all Christians. I think you need to talk to a pastor and counselor, and maybe even take a break from the internet.

Knowing Thomas
05-29-2015, 08:36 PM

I would take a look at this. (http://adam4d.com/rejoice/)

DLAbaoaqu
05-29-2015, 10:41 PM
I would take a look at this. (http://adam4d.com/rejoice/)

True that you are. But those people are obviously scared of what he and his friends would do if they were to organize.

By themselves, Christians are nothing. United as one, they can throw off the yoke.

Keep in mind, Christ told us not to do harm to "our brothers", i.e. people in Christianity.
Those dogs mocking him are not his brothers. Therefore, "eye for an eye".

pancreasman
05-29-2015, 11:55 PM
True that you are. But those people are obviously scared of what he and his friends would do if they were to organize.

By themselves, Christians are nothing. United as one, they can throw off the yoke.

Keep in mind, Christ told us not to do harm to "our brothers", i.e. people in Christianity.

Um, Jesus was kind to centurions, the soldiers of the hated oppressor. He told us to love our enemies. You want to go Rambo on them. See the difference?

Cerebrum123
05-30-2015, 05:03 AM

:no:
We are to love our enemies, and pray for those who persecute us.

Matthew 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Nothing in there is restricting that to "brothers".

Bill the Cat
05-30-2015, 05:08 AM
Peter chopped a soldier's ear off, and Jesus healed him, even though that soldier was there to arrest Him and take Him to die.

Adrift
05-30-2015, 06:26 AM

I have an idea, but would you mind telling us where you heard this interpretation?

fm93
05-30-2015, 07:08 AM
As I've pointed out before, even if that was the correct interpretation, DLA seems to advocate actions that would constitute going BEYOND "eye for an eye." (i.e. Doing something to certain unbelievers that's worse than what the unbelievers actually did.) So either way, he doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

Adrift
05-30-2015, 08:31 AM
As I've pointed out before, even if that was the correct interpretation, DLA seems to advocate actions that would constitute going BEYOND "eye for an eye." (i.e. Doing something to certain unbelievers that's worse than what the unbelievers actually did.) So either way, he doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

One of my concerns is that his view isn't singular, and that it may be shared by others, but maybe just not vocalized. If I had to take a wild guess, the source comes from a mix of real, and valid frustration with anti-Christian sentiment in the media, and that's also prevalent among his peers, and the type of in-your-face, fight-fire-with-fire apologetics that tends to hold to a particular interpretation of scripture that supports that aggressive rationale. When you strip away passages in scripture that teach Christians that we need to be kind, loving, gentle, and merciful, and reinterpret them to mean that it only applies to your own inner group, or only to others in a special context, is it any wonder that we're going to get a few people who come out thinking that it's okay to take an eye for an eye as long as they're not fellow Christians?

I'm seriously concerned for DLA that he'll start acting on his words.

DLA, you need to start seeking some counseling from your pastor. Let God's peace that passes all understanding fill your mind and your heart. Begin to learn that God is a God of doing the unexpected. Of overcoming hate with love.

There's that passage from Paul that goes,

2 Corinthians 12:7b Therefore, so that I would not become arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to trouble me—so that I would not become arrogant. 8 I asked the Lord three times about this, that it would depart from me.

Some scholars (Craig Keener for instance) suggest that the thorn in Paul's flesh wasn't physical, but that it was people, particularly those people he mentions in the previous chapter:

2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am talking like I am out of my mind!) I am even more so: with much greater labors, with far more imprisonments, with more severe beatings, facing death many times. 24 Five times I received from the Jews forty lashes less one. 25 Three times I was beaten with a rod. Once I received a stoning. Three times I suffered shipwreck. A night and a day I spent adrift in the open sea. 26 I have been on journeys many times, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from robbers, in dangers from my own countrymen, in dangers from Gentiles, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers from false brothers, 27 in hard work and toil, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, many times without food, in cold and without enough clothing. 28 Apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxious concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not burn with indignation?

But the bottom line, even if the thorn was physical, is this:

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he (the Lord) said to me, “My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. 10 Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.

It's the world's ways to want to fight hate with hate, but God's ways are higher than the world's ways. In our weakness we are made strong. Only through the love of Christ can our enemies be overcome.

Paprika
05-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Thus, I created a variant of Liberation Theology: the best way to fight the athee, if all else fails, is through force of arms; stand up for your fellow believers and put down the Godless that mock you
That must be some fascinating reading.

In other news, this thread is quite entertaining (unlike most recent ones) e.g.

No, we just don't want once-Christian nations to squander what remains of the legacy and end up as worse Progressive-Fascist armpits.

If I had to take a wild guess, the source comes from... the type of in-your-face, fight-fire-with-fire apologetics that tends to hold to a particular interpretation of scripture that supports that aggressive rationale.
Can't you get over your butthurt just for a second?

The main cause of his frustration is clearly his perception that Christians are passively sitting back for no good reason and losing a lot of ground, and the natural indignation and frustration that it would arouse. His talk about physical violence and retribution is much more likely to be derived from certain forms of liberation theology that actually advocate physical attacks and revolution instead of people who clearly don't.

Adrift
05-31-2015, 03:26 PM
Can't you get over your butthurt just for a second?

My butthurt? What are you talking about?

The main cause of his frustration is clearly his perception that Christians are passively sitting back for no good reason and losing a lot of ground, and the natural indignation and frustration that it would arouse. His talk about physical violence and retribution is much more likely to be derived from certain forms of liberation theology that actually advocate physical attacks and revolution instead of people who clearly don't.

What makes you think that his ideas are derived from liberation theology? Has he already talked to you about this? I've always connected liberation theology with a type of religious progressive socialism that had a heavy focus on the working class, not on aggressive violence against Christian detractors. It's usually portrayed as something Catholic, South American, and pro-Marxist. Nothing in DLA's posts seem to hint at that to me. Just out of curiosity, who are some of the leaders, or name of the groups of the violent form of liberation theology that you're referring to?

Chrawnus
05-31-2015, 04:38 PM

I think he's assuming that you're talking about the kind of riposte-style apologetics that JPH is involved in. Which I am assuming too, to be honest.

Adrift
05-31-2015, 04:53 PM
I think he's assuming that you're talking about the kind of riposte-style apologetics that JPH is involved in. Which I am assuming too, to be honest.

I am to a large degree. Why would that make me butt hurt?

Christianbookworm
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Uhoh! Not this again! :outtie:

Are we going to get in another argument about riposte? Saying that stupid arguments are stupid is not the same as wishing to kill fundy atheists. If a fundy atheist was in need of life saving first aid, we'd give it to him.

Adrift
05-31-2015, 05:14 PM

Are we going to get in another argument about riposte?

I'd rather we focus on DLA and why he's behaving the way he is.

Saying that stupid arguments are stupid is not the same as wishing to kill fundy atheists.

I think that's a given.

If a fundy atheist was in need of life saving first aid, we'd give it to him.

No doubt.

Christianbookworm
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
I'd rather we focus on DLA and why he's behaving the way he is.

I think that's a given.

No doubt.

He's had a mental breakdown? :pray:

fm93
05-31-2015, 05:34 PM
He's had a mental breakdown? :pray:
He's evincing behavior that's disturbing similar to cult characteristics--the persecution complex, the "us versus the world" false narrative, etc. I'm becoming seriously concerned.

Christianbookworm
05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
He's evincing behavior that's disturbing similar to cult characteristics--the persecution complex, the "us versus the world" false narrative, etc. I'm becoming seriously concerned.

Who isn't? I'm pretty sure fundy atheists are a vocal minority. And that jerks that persecute(for a mild definition of persecute, i.e. they ain't murderin' us) Christians in developed countries are a vocal minority. Or, I just still want a somewhat optimistic veiw of humanity.

Raphael
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LN9fryv77o

05-31-2015, 08:27 PM
The only way atheism can win is if God is not God. Friedrich Nietzsche is also wrong.

Paprika
05-31-2015, 11:57 PM
Butthurt over getting whipped too many times.

What makes you think that his ideas are derived from liberation theology?
Post #1: "Thus, I created a variant of Liberation Theology: the best way to fight the athee, if all else fails, is through force of arms; stand up for your fellow believers and put down the Godless that mock you."

I've always connected liberation theology with a type of religious progressive socialism that had a heavy focus on the working class, not on aggressive violence against Christian detractors. It's usually portrayed as something Catholic, South American, and pro-Marxist. Nothing in DLA's posts seem to hint at that to me. Just out of curiosity, who are some of the leaders, or name of the groups of the violent form of liberation theology that you're referring to?
It's pretty well known that some (but not all) liberation theologians advocated the validity of Marxist-style revolutions which includes physical violence to bring about revolution; many priests and nuns embodied such beliefs by joining violent resistant groups.

Paprika
06-01-2015, 12:13 AM

Are we going to get in another argument about riposte? Saying that stupid arguments are stupid is not the same as wishing to kill fundy atheists. If a fundy atheist was in need of life saving first aid, we'd give it to him.
Precisely, which is why Adrift's claim that it is the cause of DLAbaoaqu's violence is rather ridiculous, not least because it ignores the strong possibility that is accompanied by flashing red neon signs and a blaring siren - violent liberation theology.

Thus the diagnosis of butthurt: even when almost certainly irrelevant he couldn't help dragging aggressive dialogue into the matter. So yes, DLAbaoaqu needs to be helped but Adrift's idiocy needs to be called out too.

Adrift
06-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Butthurt over getting whipped too many times.

I don't feel I've been whipped at all. Quite the contrary. In fact, a recent correspondence I had with John H. Elliott, founder and chair of the Context Group, confirmed that not only had I accurately comprehended and coveyed his work, and that of his peers, but that he shares my concern about the issue. He then encouraged me to continue holding my position with steadfastness and patience.

Post #1: "Thus, I created a variant of Liberation Theology: the best way to fight the athee, if all else fails, is through force of arms; stand up for your fellow believers and put down the Godless that mock you."

Thanks. Must have skimmed over it, and forgot it.

It's pretty well known that some (but not all) liberation theologians advocated the validity of Marxist-style revolutions which includes physical violence to bring about revolution; many priests and nuns embodied such beliefs by joining violent resistant groups.

Do you agree with DLA's approach?

Adrift
06-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Precisely, which is why Adrift's claim that it is the cause of DLAbaoaqu's violence is rather ridiculous, not least because it ignores the strong possibility that is accompanied by flashing red neon signs and a blaring siren - violent liberation theology.

Thus the diagnosis of butthurt: even when almost certainly irrelevant he couldn't help dragging aggressive dialogue into the matter. So yes, DLAbaoaqu needs to be helped but Adrift's idiocy needs to be called out too.

My "diagnosis" didn't come out of the blue. It was based on his posting habits.

Paprika
06-01-2015, 05:13 AM
I don't feel I've been whipped at all. Quite the contrary. In fact, a recent correspondence I had with John H. Elliott, founder and chair of the Context Group, confirmed that not only had I accurately understood his work, and that of his peers, but that he shares my concern about the issue. He then encouraged me to continue holding my position with steadfastness and patience.
:lol:
If you say so.

Thanks. Must have skimmed over it, and forgot it.

Do you agree with DLA's approach?
Of course not. But unlike yourself, I'm not missing important clues while carelessly skimming over his posts and instead inserting my irrelevant crusade against riposte for the alleged purpose of trying to solve the 'problem'.

fm93
06-01-2015, 05:16 AM
His profile lists his faith as "Anti-atheist." Sad that he's defining himself in terms of what he's against and hates instead of what he affirms and loves.

Paprika
06-01-2015, 05:19 AM
My "diagnosis" didn't come out of the blue. It was based on his posting habits.
No doubt you will expound on this.

DLAbaoaqu
06-01-2015, 08:40 PM
No, we just don't want once-Christian nations to squander what remains of the legacy and end up as worse Progressive-Fascist armpits.

Precisely my sentiments.

About as cultic as the Maccabean Insurrection. They claim to be paragons of logic and reason, but they're all sheep.

His profile lists his faith as "Anti-atheist." Sad that he's defining himself in terms of what he's against and hates instead of what he affirms and loves.

I've seen enough of their operations and their history to know that absolutely no good can come of their way of thinking. They're all alike: when they're not gizzling vodka and dancing the hopak, they're drooling before a Neil DeGrasse Tyson meme.

fm93
06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
About as cultic as the Maccabean Insurrection. They claim to be paragons of logic and reason, but they're all sheep.
Fundamentalist atheists/New Atheists make up only a small subset of atheists--they may be the most vocal, but they're hardly representative of the entire demographic.

Also, I was referring to how you act as if Christianity is undergoing mass persecution worldwide. It's a blatant exaggeration, at least in this country. Your claim that "every time you're online or turn on a TV, if a Christian is portrayed it's in a negative light" is rendered false on several accounts.

I've seen enough of their operations and their history to know that absolutely no good can come of their way of thinking. They're all alike: when they're not gizzling vodka and dancing the hopak, they're drooling before a Neil DeGrasse Tyson meme.
Many atheists could care less about religion one way or the other and simply ignore it, actually. They apparently just want to live and let live. So yeah, you're engaging in some rather egregious generalization here.

Paprika
06-04-2015, 01:57 AM
Precisely my sentiments.

I"m curious about how you constructed your form of Liberation Theology. What were your inspirations?

DLAbaoaqu
06-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I"m curious about how you constructed your form of Liberation Theology. What were your inspirations?

In terms of economics, I have no respect for Marxism. Furthermore, I know very well of what that system has done to our people. But what I can't help but admire it for is HOW they were able to get so far in the grab for power. What they did, what tactics they used. The result: swift, noticeable change. Stuff got done.

Much like the concept of the struggle between proletariat and bourgeoisie, something they talk about extensively, the idea can be appropriated from "class warfare" to "theistic warfare" between the pieux and the athée. Anybody can see it.

In terms of audience, anyone can tell how robust the Godless have been in their propaganda campaign. 43alley. NonStampCollector. Darkmatter2525. Evid3nc3. Terroja Kincaid. AronRa. ThunderF00t. Matt Dillahunty. Big Think. SyeTenAtheist. Cult of Dusty.

Pigs like these drag in quintuple-digit views. Of course, most of what they puke out is garbage, but the sheep don't know.

Wondering exactly WHO was on our side, I looked around. However, one of the first videos that seemed promising, I quickly realized was just a guy pretending to be a Fundy. I think this particular pig's name was Current or something.

I Don't know HOW I did it, but I eventually came across Mr. Holding. I was amazed at the depths he went into in terms of research: the language, the context, and more. The videos were so comprehensive. Not only that, but he took no crap from the athée. He remorselessly mocked the likes of Brett Palmer, Nonstampcollector, and others.

I wondered why we don't take the fight to the Godless for a change. I haven't seen them get mocked at all. We always do. They expect us to take "Turn the other Cheek" to an illogical level. In fact they think that we're supposed to be doormats. In regard to these two elements in this propaganda piece: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJY_1jtO4U (unsuitable for minors)

By the by, when I talk about "exploitation", I talk about crap like this.
An attack on my faith is an attack on my identity. I will not support anybody who openly attacks us.

What I learned from Holding is that the speech that this comes from is for how to act towards your neighbor (I.e. Other Christians). The Godless are not your neighbor. Therefore, you can take action against them.

When they say "logic", their words are empty.
When they say "science", it is a figurehead.
When they say "reason", it is a fairy tale.

Imagine what would happen if Christians were to organize against these antagonistic dogs. They'd be too scared to ever mess with us again.

pancreasman
06-04-2015, 05:22 PM
In terms of economics, I have no respect for Marxism. Furthermore, I know very well of what that system has done to our people. But what I can't help but admire it for is HOW they were able to get so far in the grab for power. What they did, what tactics they used. The result: swift, noticeable change. Stuff got done.

Much like the concept of the struggle between proletariat and bourgeoisie, something they talk about extensively, the idea can be appropriated from "class warfare" to "theistic warfare" between the pieux and the athée. Anybody can see it.

In terms of audience, anyone can tell how robust the Godless have been in their propaganda campaign. 43alley. NonStampCollector. Darkmatter2525. Evid3nc3. Terroja Kincaid. AronRa. ThunderF00t. Matt Dillahunty. Big Think. SyeTenAtheist. Cult of Dusty.

Pigs like these drag in quintuple-digit views. Of course, most of what they puke out is garbage, but the sheep don't know.

Wondering exactly WHO was on our side, I looked around. However, one of the first videos that seemed promising, I quickly realized was just a guy pretending to be a Fundy. I think this particular pig's name was Current or something.

I Don't know HOW I did it, but I eventually came across Mr. Holding. I was amazed at the depths he went into in terms of research: the language, the context, and more. The videos were so comprehensive. Not only that, but he took no crap from the athée. He remorselessly mocked the likes of Brett Palmer, Nonstampcollector, and others.

I wondered why we don't take the fight to the Godless for a change. I haven't seen them get mocked at all. We always do. They expect us to take "Turn the other Cheek" to an illogical level. In fact they think that we're supposed to be doormats. In regard to these two elements in this propaganda piece: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJY_1jtO4U (unsuitable for minors)

By the by, when I talk about "exploitation", I talk about crap like this.
An attack on my faith is an attack on my identity. I will not support anybody who openly attacks us.

What I learned from Holding is that the speech that this comes from is for how to act towards your neighbor (I.e. Other Christians). The Godless are not your neighbor. Therefore, you can take action against them.

When they say "logic", their words are empty.
When they say "science", it is a figurehead.
When they say "reason", it is a fairy tale.

Imagine what would happen if Christians were to organize against these antagonistic dogs. They'd be too scared to ever mess with us again.

Would it be ok to use physical violence against one of your awful atheists? Would it be ok to kill them? Is killing atheists a 'just war'?

DLAbaoaqu
06-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Would it be ok to use physical violence against one of your awful atheists? Would it be ok to kill them? Is killing atheists a 'just war'?

They won't stop unless we deconvert or they kill us.
If a physical war between the two parties supervenes, it probably won't be Christians who make the first move.
For the most part, we want to be left alone.

Jedidiah
06-04-2015, 09:04 PM
snip I wondered why we don't take the fight to the Godless for a change. snip

What about Ephesians 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places"?

fm93
06-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Stop. Please.

I wondered why we don't take the fight to the Godless for a change. I haven't seen them get mocked at all.
South Park has made multiple well-known episodes ridiculing the "godless" people who promote that type of thinking.

We always do. They expect us to take "Turn the other Cheek" to an illogical level. In fact they think that we're supposed to be doormats. In regard to these two elements in this propaganda piece: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJY_1jtO4U (unsuitable for minors)
Because obviously people who watch Robot Chicken do so under the impression that the show's content is intended to be serious educational materiahahahahahaha I can't even say that with a straight face.

Everyone knows Robot Chicken programs are intended to be nonsensical. If you think something like that functions as targeted propaganda, rather than mindless entertainment, you really have a startlingly misanthropic view of humankind.

Oh please. You currently list your faith as "Antiatheist." When those YouTubers attack Christianity, they aren't attacking your faith. You claim to be trying to stick up for and defend Christians, even describing them as "my people," but even though virtually EVERY Christian in this thread has disapproved of your tactics and ideologies, and warned you that they're deeply concerned about your psychological well-being, you ignore them all and continue trying to launch a hate-motivated campaign.

You've already been refuted multiple times on this. And as I have repeatedly pointed out, even if your bizarre interpretation (which I don't think Holding actually made) was somehow correct, your proposed actions go way beyond anything in scripture. If an atheist places an anti-religious billboard in a PUBLIC area, going "eye for eye" at most would entail placing a rebuttal billboard in a public area. It gives you no right to place billboards on the atheist's PRIVATE property.

Also, Holding's videos are basically "This atheist and his arguments are laughably stupid. Here's why." He lampoons them and gives the impression that he's more amused at their stupidity than anything. He laughs at them, he dismisses them. You, on the other hand, act obsessively towards your ideological opponents, describing them in angry language like "antagonistic dogs" and creating fake, annoying French terms. As if they were your sworn, eternal enemies, rather than insignificant flies buzzing near a plate of food. Holding acts like he couldn't care less about those atheists, while you come across as being full of bitter, all-consuming rage and loathing. There's a rather stark difference.

No, what would happen is that the vastly larger portion of the so-called "godless" would go from believing that a few Christians are delusional and lack discernment to believing that all Christians are delusional, lack discernment, and are hate-mongering terrorists who bully others. And they'd be justified in believing that, because you would've proven it to them.

DLAbaoaqu
06-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Stop. Please.

South Park has made multiple well-known episodes ridiculing the "godless" people who promote that type of thinking.

Because obviously people who watch Robot Chicken do so under the impression that the show's content is intended to be serious educational materiahahahahahaha I can't even say that with a straight face.

Everyone knows Robot Chicken programs are intended to be nonsensical. If you think something like that functions as targeted propaganda, rather than mindless entertainment, you really have a startlingly misanthropic view of humankind.

Oh please. You currently list your faith as "Antiatheist." When those YouTubers attack Christianity, they aren't attacking your faith. You claim to be trying to stick up for and defend Christians, even describing them as "my people," but even though virtually EVERY Christian in this thread has disapproved of your tactics and ideologies, and warned you that they're deeply concerned about your psychological well-being, you ignore them all and continue trying to launch a hate-motivated campaign.

You've already been refuted multiple times on this. And as I have repeatedly pointed out, even if your bizarre interpretation (which I don't think Holding actually made) was somehow correct, your proposed actions go way beyond anything in scripture. If an atheist places an anti-religious billboard in a PUBLIC area, going "eye for eye" at most would entail placing a rebuttal billboard in a public area. It gives you no right to place billboards on the atheist's PRIVATE property.

Also, Holding's videos are basically "This atheist and his arguments are laughably stupid. Here's why." He lampoons them and gives the impression that he's more amused at their stupidity than anything. He laughs at them, he dismisses them. You, on the other hand, act obsessively towards your ideological opponents, describing them in angry language like "antagonistic dogs" and creating fake, annoying French terms. As if they were your sworn, eternal enemies, rather than insignificant flies buzzing near a plate of food. Holding acts like he couldn't care less about those atheists, while you come across as being full of bitter, all-consuming rage and loathing. There's a rather stark difference.

No, what would happen is that the vastly larger portion of the so-called "godless" would go from believing that a few Christians are delusional and lack discernment to believing that all Christians are delusional, lack discernment, and are hate-mongering terrorists who bully others. And they'd be justified in believing that, because you would've proven it to them.

I want it to stop.
They bully us when we try to keep to ourselves. What will you do? Act like a doormat?

Irate Canadian
06-06-2015, 03:24 PM
I want it to stop.
They bully us when we try to keep to ourselves. What will you do? Act like a doormat?

1. He's not a Christian at the moment.
2. It's OK that they're arguing against us. Let them take the weakest links if that is what needs to be done.

Raphael
06-06-2015, 03:46 PM
They are not our enemy that must be completely obliterated at all costs.

We have an enemy, and he has already been defeated by the cross.

Atheists are sinners in need of their Saviour. Their arguments cannot defeat Him, at the end, every knee will now and every tongue will confess that He is Lord.

What's more your talk of being doormats if we don't oppose the by all means (which from your comments would seem to include physical violence) dishonours the memory of those martyrs who suffered and died for the sake of the Cross.

When faced with vocal opposition they have an answer for the hope that is within them.
When faced with jail, when whipped, when beaten, when murdered because they followed Christ, they counted it a blessing.

DLAbaoaqu
06-06-2015, 09:15 PM
So when the pigs come and shout "Sky Daddy" in the message boards, I should just stand down and take it?

fm93
06-06-2015, 09:53 PM
So when the pigs come and shout "Sky Daddy" in the message boards, I should just stand down and take it?
You really can't conceive of any middle ground between doing nothing and using extremely dehumanizing language to refer to fellow human beings and acting like they're literally aggressive terrorists who must be destroyed in a nuclear war?

I mean really, just think it through. What do you suppose is going to happen with Internet atheists?

Internet atheist: "Sky daddy!"

Internet Christian: "Oh no! Someone on the Internet said that the God I've believed all my life to be real in a manner that's constituted a major part of my very identity is in fact fictional. I must immediately deconvert and start living an utterly hedonistic life consisting of killing and eating babies, forcing heterosexuals to marry animals and inanimate objects, and systematically sending Christians into concentration camps where they'll be tortured and gassed to death by the blood of millions of slaughtered fetuses."

At worst, a few Christians end up figuring that Christianity might not be true, at which point you can step in with refutations and show them how silly those arguments actually were, and then they'll probably reconvert.

Raphael
06-07-2015, 03:32 AM

As fm93 said, there is a rather large middle ground between being a doormat and mutually assured destruction.

If you overreact and get highly aggressive about it, you're going to make yourself look like the irrational unreasonable one.

And to be honest, an atheist who relies on the "Sky Daddy" nonsense really isn't worth wasting your time on.

Juvenal
06-07-2015, 10:42 AM
[...] your talk [...] dishonours the memory of those martyrs who suffered and died for the sake of the Cross.

Dayum.*

In disclosure, I took a specifically hard look at my appreciation of martyrs after 9/11, or 11/9 for you Southerners. The verdict didn't differentiate between your religion and theirs, and it went against martyrdom in all its forms. Martyrdom, to me, isn't much different than crapping on the floor on your way out of the room. It's sure to draw attention, but at its best it's also an attempt to create "interesting times" you don't have to live through yourself.

I understand not all crap smells alike, and flies have a different appreciation entirely.

But sometimes I forget.

It just so happens I've got a fatwa — that's a ruling on a religious issue I submitted to an Imam — that says a woman who dies at the hands of a home burglar is a martyr.

I'd created a sequence of diminishingly less violent attacks and asked if killing the attacker would be haram, that is, religiously impure, or sinful. The response included the consequences if the defender were killed, which was unasked. It was submitted anonymously for me by a sunni muslimah to a shi'a Imam, checking out a claim that a shi'a woman being raped had no right to defend herself in Islam. I dropped the bar sequentially because I wanted to see where killing in defense would cross the line, but I didn't get there. The response affirmed all instances as halal, and added, unasked, that if killed, the defenders would be martyrs.

There are martyrdoms worthy of forebearance at least and sometimes praise, and even if we're unlikely to agree which ones they are, I still thank you for the reminder.

As ever, Jesse

*That how us atheists say "amen."

Jedidiah
06-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Kind of missed the target by shooting at the dictionary, lao.

Bill the Cat
06-07-2015, 03:49 PM

No. You should laugh at their ignorant juvenile attempts to insult and dismiss them out of hand.

Sparko
06-07-2015, 06:36 PM

DLAbaoaqu

At one time, I was one of those atheists (or at the minimum an agnostic) - I didn't become a Christian until I was nearly 40 years old. So do you think I deserved to be threatened with violence because I was not a Christian??? I needed Jesus as much as anyone else. Some people take a long time to convert to Christianity and believe. Some never do. But you can't go around saying just because someone doesn't believe in God or Jesus that they deserve to be threatened. Those that you think are "against you" might one day be one of Christ's biggest followers.

If you insist on claiming that atheists deserve to be threatened with violence, you might as well leave Tweb now, because this is a discussion board where all sides can discuss religion, civics, etc. If you keep going the way you have been, you might be banned for your own good, because obviously such discussions seem to set you off and you are sounding like someone with mental issues. You might want to seek out a Christian counselor or therapist.

Jedidiah
06-07-2015, 08:45 PM

And what was it Christ said about our neighbors?

Raphael
06-07-2015, 09:34 PM
And what was it Christ said about our neighbors?

And other little things we're told such as:
Romans 12:14-21 (ESV)
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 [B]Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:43-48 (ESV)
Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers,[i] what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Dr. Brown has an excellent comment here: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/40722-five-reasons-to-bless-those-who-curse-you

There was a time when I too was full of anger, profanity, and uncleanness, and rather than smiting me in judgment, God pursued me with his convicting love. As Paul wrote to the Romans, “at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly” (Rom 5:6). And Jesus set the pattern for us!

Here are five reasons why we should bless those who curse us.

1. This is the way of a Jesus revolutionary, emulating the example of our Father. The Sermon on the Mount is a counterculture, kingdom manifesto where Jesus calls us to live by different principles than the world and religious establishment) live by. And in the Sermon on the Mount, he gave this explicit command: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt 5:43-44).

When we do this, we are emulating God himself, who “causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous” (Matt 5:45). This is part of our calling to “be perfect” as our heavenly Father is perfect (Matt 5:48).

2. God demonstrates extraordinary longsuffering towards those who walk in ignorance and unbelief. A few years ago, there was an atheist-inspired internet sensation featuring thousands of people who recorded short video clips of themselves claiming to blaspheme the Spirit. As I watched the clips, I said to myself, “Not too long from now, many of these people will be gloriously saved, sharing internet testimonies and thanking God for his mercy.”

As Paul explained in 1 Timothy 1, “Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. . . . for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life” (1 Tim 1:13, 16).

3. When we bless, a blessing is returned to us. In many, many ways, we reap what we sow, and that’s one of the reasons Peter gave this exhortation to his readers: “Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing” (1 Pet 3:9).

What do you want to inherit, blessing or cursing? That’s what you should speak to others.

4. Words of grace and patience produce more good fruit than words of anger and frustration. There are certainly times when it is right to correct and even rebuke, but we must always do so in love (Ephesians 4:15) and patience (2 Timothy 2:24-26), remembering that, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Prov 15:1).

A few months ago, I was reminded that we really don’t know what’s happening in a person’s life. I had challenged the views of a woman who consistently defended abortion on Christian websites, and a few days after our last interaction, she posted this note publicly on my Facebook page: “I want to apologize for writing crazy comments about killing babies about your article. I was trying to live without God and his principles in my life. I thought about the happiest time of my life. That was when I was going to church and living for God. Please pray for me. Thank you.”

Here was a hurting woman, wanting to come back to God, yet I didn’t have the slightest clue that this was what was fueling her pro-abortion fire. Sadly, all too often I have been guilty of responding to people quickly rather than thoughtfully, thereby hardening them in their position rather than helping them to see the error of their ways.

5. When we bless those who curse us, we break the cycle of anger and hatred. This was Paul’s counsel to the Roman believers, following Proverbs 25:21-22: “‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.’ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” (Rom 12:20-21).

Let’s break ugly, destructive cycle of the flesh and follow in the footsteps of our Master who forgave those who crucified him.

It is the path to life and blessing – not just for us, but also for those who oppose us.

DLAbaoaqu
06-07-2015, 10:35 PM
I have talked to a friend of mine at church. He has prayed for me.

Sparko
06-08-2015, 07:40 AM
I have talked to a friend of mine at church. He has prayed for me.

and how do you feel about it now? because I really don't want you to be banned for your own good, but you seem to keep flip flopping back and forth on the matter. Just remember that Christ died for everyone, and God wants to save everyone, but not everyone will be receptive to the Holy Spirit, or it might take them a long time. It could even happen on their deathbed, like the thief on the cross. But God loves everyone! Even those who don't love him.

Jedidiah
06-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Dr. Brown has an excellent comment here: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/40722-five-reasons-to-bless-those-who-curse-you

There was a time when I too was full of anger, profanity, and uncleanness, and rather than smiting me in judgment, God pursued me with his convicting love. As Paul wrote to the Romans, “at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly” (Rom 5:6). And Jesus set the pattern for us! . . . snip . . .

I have to admit to being angry, about the direction our nation is headed (and not only the USA) I think and write negative things about those leading us down the spiral into the toilet. I still reject physical violence against the evil that seems to be prevailing today. God is stronger.

Christianbookworm
06-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Isn't it pretty obvious that God is stronger? God is OMNIPOTENT! By definition, NOTHING can be more powerful than God!

DLAbaoaqu
06-08-2015, 07:12 PM
and how do you feel about it now? because I really don't want you to be banned for your own good, but you seem to keep flip flopping back and forth on the matter.

Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.

Adrift
06-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.

You know we love you, right?

Cerebrum123
06-09-2015, 04:43 AM
Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.

That is good to hear. Still going to :pray:, and I still suggest having someone you can talk to about all this. If you need to, then take a break, and go do something to take your mind off all this. It just isn't worth all the stress and anger it causes.

Teallaura
06-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.

DLAbaoaqu
06-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Yet, still, I wish there was something we can do apart from prayer.

Cerebrum123
06-10-2015, 03:59 PM

There is something else we can do. We can shine light onto the darkness that exists. Those that hate the light will flee like cockroaches, because they love their evil deeds and lifestyle too much. Those that don't will come to see, and be able to spread light themselves.

Now, with the way things have been recently, I suggest that if you want to do that you do so in a less confrontational way. Perhaps by assisting those who are "on the front lines" with anything they might need. Even something as simple as encouraging them can be a great help, and a great relief.

Sparko
06-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Yet, still, I wish there was something we can do apart from prayer.You can treat them like people who need a Savior. Just like I was, and probably most of us (unless you were raised as a Christian all your life)

Just love them. That is what Jesus did. It is hard to do. But that is what we have the Holy Spirit for.

For those that are completely hostile to religion and Christianity, you use apologetics to defend the faith.

Or you can ignore them.

Paprika
06-14-2015, 01:12 AM
One option is to learn how to be intellectually incisive so that you fight in the war that needs to be fought.

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

Jedidiah
06-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Prayer is not what we do when there is no other action to take. Prayer is the first and most valuable action we can take against the enemy.

"2 Chronicles 20:12 O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”

Paprika
06-15-2015, 04:04 AM
Prayer is not what we do when there is no other action to take. Prayer is the first and most valuable action we can take against the enemy.

"2 Chronicles 20:12 O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”
Precisely. One helpful course of action when anger overcomes you is to pray for God to smite and judge the wicked.

Bill the Cat
06-15-2015, 08:03 AM
OK, this thread has gone on long enough. It is being closed per moderator discretion.