Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Kneading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneading

The cat i took in from my neighbor is a champion kneader apparently. I believe there's two theories about kneading...either the kitty is very happy or is seeking comfort. In this case I'm thinking he's stressed out. With his old owner he was used to roaming around. I've been keeping him in because I promised to find a home for him and I wanted him where I can find him.

He really is kneading my leg right now.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I thought I had read that kneading is the function of causing milk to flow when the kitten is feeding, hence a comfort thing in an older cat.

Sucking a thumb, cat style, perhaps?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah its thumb sucking cat style. It does originate from the milk flow thing. In fact all nursing babies do some form of this, including humans.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We had a cat that was taken away from his mother too soon, and he used to knead and then start dribbling.

Oddly the cats my mother hand reared from two days old don't knead.....
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

They do knead in response to stress - but they will also do so just from boredom or because it feels good to them. If the cat is showing other signs of stress (pacing, yowling, obessive {for a cat} behaviors) then you might want to consider crating him for a while in a calm, warm spot and toss in some favorite things - and a treat or three. Otherwise, he's probably attention seeking or bonding.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

kneading is how a cat tenderizes you before eating you in your sleep.

Comment

You're still mad about losing that leg, aren't you? I told you - it's your own fault for bathing in bacon grease!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Laugh it up cat lady. It's all fun and games till you wake up and your 200 cats are eating you for breakfast.

Comment

That's why they have your address if they get peckish in the night...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    That's why they have your address if they get peckish in the night...
                    so you want a bunch of drunk cats wandering home later?

Comment

One of my cats kneads when he's happy. The other just raises one paw and waves it around vaguely.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nah, they just wander down to your bacon stash and finish that off while they are sobering up.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The Royal Kitty Wave.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

big kitty
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              kneading is how a cat tenderizes you before eating you in your sleep.

They're checking your internal organs for signs of weakness.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X