Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Articles on the Rapture for disproving it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles on the Rapture for disproving it?

Does anyone have any links to articles proving the Rapture is not Biblical? Thanks.

Originally posted by ikaika777 View Post
    Does anyone have any links to articles proving the Rapture is not Biblical? Thanks.
    The Bible disproves the concept quite well. (That is, supposing by "the Rapture" you mean something like the secret "Rapture" of the church as taught by dispensationalists.)
    Last edited by The Remonstrant; 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM.
    For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
      The Bible disproves the concept quite well. (That is, supposing by "the Rapture" you mean something like the secret "Rapture" of the church as taught by dispensationalists.)
      Yes, secret rapture. The problem is some use the Bible to prove a secret rapture, I need articles disproving a secret rapture.

Comment

I consider myself a dispensationalist but I have never heard a "Secret Rapture" taught. Is it "exactly what it says on the tin?" Because if so, it seems pretty silly to me. I don't think most will understand the real significance of the Rapture, but that doesn't mean it will go unnoticed.
        Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
          I consider myself a dispensationalist but I have never heard a "Secret Rapture" taught. Is it "exactly what it says on the tin?" Because if so, it seems pretty silly to me. I don't think most will understand the real significance of the Rapture, but that doesn't mean it will go unnoticed.
          Yeah, don't think it could happen secretly. If it did happen. Maybe claiming a high incidence of missing persons?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yes, secret rapture. The problem is some use the Bible to prove a secret rapture, I need articles disproving a secret rapture.
            Just out of curiosity, wouldn't you prefer Scriptures that revealed the Truth, rather than seeking some that "disprove" something?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Just out of curiosity, wouldn't you prefer Scriptures that revealed the Truth, rather than seeking some that "disprove" something?
              I really do need an amen button, brother.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I figure if there is a rapture, it's gotta be a secret. Even God doesn't know about it.
                When I Survey....

Comment

Have you tried google? This is the best I could do in 30 seconds:

http://planetpreterist.com/news-2008.html

Comment

I am personally amazed how pervasive the error of "the secret rapture" is in the church.
                    For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

Anyone looking for direct scripture support of the famed Pre-Trib Rapture will come up empty handed. Admits Rapture heavyweight John Walvoord in his book called The Rapture Question (Findlay, OH:1957, p.148). Saying;

"Ladd, in contrast to Jones, concedes that post-tribulalional rapture is an inference rather than an explicit revelation of Scripture in the following statement:

"Nor does the Word explicitly place the Rapture at the end of the Tribulation."
                      “The fact is that neither posttribulalionism nor pretribulationisim is an explicit teaching of Scripture. The Bible does not in so many words state either.”

“Pretribulationism is based on the fact that it allows a harmony of the Scriptures relating to the Second Advent.”
                      “The separation of the translation from the return of Christ to earth permits each of the two events so different in character, to have its own place.”

“It solves the problem of the confusing and contradictory details in the post-tribulational interpretation illustrated in the difficulty of the postribulationist's themselves to work out a harmony of prophecies related to the second advent."

Another Rapture heavy-weight, Tim LaHaye says:

"One objection to the pre-Tribulation Rapture is that not one passage of Scripture teaches the two aspects of His Second Coming separated by the Tribulation. This is true. But then, no one passage teaches a post-trib or mid-trib Rapture, either."
                      Tim LaHaye, No Fear of the Storm: Why Christians Will Escape All the Tribulation (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 1992), 69. This book was later republished as Rapture Under Attack). “That’s Not in the Bible” Gary DeMar

So despite the fact millions of books claiming the rapture flew off the shelves despite the failed prophecies surrounding them, millions of Christians believe as scripture truth the claims that have no scripture supporting them.

If you believe in the pre-trib rapture, how do you support it with scripture when its best-known teachers cannot?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X