Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Dad Fell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Fell

He lives in Ohio, so I can't just "run over there", but he got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and fell and hit his head on the toilet paper holder, and managed to wedge himself between the tub and toilet. My sister had spent the night, praise God, and was able to help him until the ambulance came.

Now Dad is in the Hospital, and things have kinda spiraled down. It appears he may have "hospital psychosis" (saw some of that last year when I went to New Orleans to rescue him when he, on a Senior Trip, became very ill, and his wife had to be hospitalized for a week or so.) He's being combative and confused (he is NEVER combative, occasionally confused) and can't understand why he's in the hospital.

From what I can tell, he'll be released to a rehab unit, then probably a nursing home. He's in his mid 90's, and it looks like the time has come when he gives up "living at home", and begins that "last stage of life".

It's hard.

Probably heading up there either today, or, if it can wait, after Sunday Service.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Yeah...it's hard.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Praying for you brother. Godspeed and take care.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

I guess you don't have an assistant pastor or something?
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    I guess you don't have an assistant pastor or something?
                    I do - I just hate being gone on Sunday Mornings, because it's the only real weekly service we have*. And, since you mention it, I have to realize that the Church is much stronger than when I first got there, and there were only 16 - 20 people in attendance on a Sunday Morning and lots of fear and confusion.

We really have grown quite a bit since those days.

*we have a Wednesday Night prayer service, and are contemplating starting a Sunday Night service.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Comment

This will be in my prayers. I am anticipating something similar in the near future. My folks are both in their 90s.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So, my baby sister visited Dad today, and talked to his doctor. Apparently, Dad had a couple of doctor visits in the weeks before he fell with different doctors. Each prescribed pain management unaware of what the other did. (local pharmacy usually catches that "interactions problem", but, for some reason, didn't.)

Apparently, the combination of drugs dad was on explains the delirium, and possibly even the imbalance causing the fall. He's still pretty bruised by the fall, but much more "right minded" (for a 93 year old). He and his wife (he remarried after Mom passed) have had FOUR 911 calls between them in the last month, and they both realize it may be time to give up "living at home".

Emergency over, no need to rush to Ohio - will see them in mid-June when I go to the SBC convention in Columbus, just 50 miles from where they live.

Thanks for your prayers!

Comment