Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ireland recovering from Theocracy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland recovering from Theocracy.

"The Republic of Ireland has voted overwhelmingly to legalise same-sex marriage in a historic referendum. More than 62% voted in favour of amending the country's constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry.
    It is the first country in the world to legalise same-sex marriage through a popular vote.
    Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny said it was a "small country with a big message for equality" around the world.
    The referendum was held 22 years after homosexual acts were decriminalised in the Republic of Ireland."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32858501
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    "The Republic of Ireland has voted overwhelmingly to legalise same-sex marriage in a historic referendum. More than 62% voted in favour of amending the country's constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry.
    It is the first country in the world to legalise same-sex marriage through a popular vote.
    Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny said it was a "small country with a big message for equality" around the world.
    The referendum was held 22 years after homosexual acts were decriminalised in the Republic of Ireland."

You mean, like the rest of the west, Ireland is descending into abject moral depravity. Of course we all know where the liberal elite are taking this...

http://scgnews.com/the-uk-political-...is-much-more-d

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar....UBGGYnl9.dpuf
    Last edited by seer; 05-23-2015, 03:02 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      You mean, like the rest of the west, Ireland is descending into abject moral depravity. Of course we all know where the liberal elite are taking this...

http://scgnews.com/the-uk-political-...is-much-more-d

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar....UBGGYnl9.dpuf
      It was the will of the people not the elite.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Democracy never works.

Comment

Do you even know what a theocracy is, FF?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
            Democracy never works.
            What do you recommend in place?
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

A Theocracy is not a democratic nation with a Catholic/Religious majority. If you're going by that definition, then all nations are Theocracies.
              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

Democracy never works.
                Spoken like a true believer in Theocratic Rule
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  Spoken like a true believer in Theocratic Rule
                  I wasn't aware that the choices were only between theocracy and democracy. When did you demonstrate that one?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                    A one-party republic, preferably one that has amputated the left wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                      Monarchy?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        I wasn't aware that the choices were only between theocracy and democracy. When did you demonstrate that one?
                        You missed the sarcasm! Of course there are other choices like Military Dictatorship with a religious agenda.

Frank

Comment

Democracy never works.
                          Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's going to be had for dinner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            You missed the sarcasm! Of course there are other choices like Military Dictatorship with a religious agenda.
                            I got the sarcasm quite well, but it is too bad that blaming religion for all the ills of the world is just an old strawman. In truth, there's many different governments, including dictatorships with an atheist agenda (such as the USSR and China).
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

A one-party republic, preferably one that has amputated the left wing.
                              'ere you go.
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment