Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Your Favorite Sixties Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Sixties Shows

Off the bat, Star Trek (naturally), The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Wild Wild West, The High Chaparral, and Batman (it was too campy by half - which made it fun!)

What are some of yours?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Get Smart
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Andy Griffith

Comment

The Flintstones and The Dick Van Dyke Show. I may think of more later.

[Edit: I want to also say Leave It To Beaver, but that ran from the late '50's into the early '60's -- but I like that one too. ]
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Batman
          Courtship of Eddies Father
          Star Trek
          Wild Wild West

Right off the top.of my head...

Whoops and Flintstones!
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
            The Flintstones and The Dick Van Dyke Show. I may think of more later.

[Edit: I want to also say Leave It To Beaver, but that ran from the late '50's into the early '60's -- but I like that one too. ]
            You are too young to have any favourite shows from that decade. Or the next one, either!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              You are too young to have any favourite shows from that decade. Or the next one, either!

Lol..but he's correct. Teal didn't say you HAD to have been there during the sixties to post here.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Batman, Get Smart, and Star Trek. I can't seem to remember any others that started in the 60's though. Mostly because I don't know when they started.

Comment

Star Trek
                  Get Smart
                  Wild Wild West
                  Batman
                  Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

I was too young to watch some of them when they first came out, but the reruns lasted for quite a few years.
                  Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

A few not mentioned thus far...
                    • Addams Family
                    • I Dream of Jeannie
                    • Twilight Zone
                    • Hogan's Heroes
                    • Gilligan's Island
                    • The Fugitive
                    • It Takes a Thief
                    • Rocky & Bullwinkle Show

And something from across the pond...
                    • The Avengers

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

TV was way way way better then.
                      Get Smart
                      I Dream of Jeannie
                      Star Trek
                      Dick Van Dyke
                      Rocky and Bullwinkle
                      Dragnet
                      etc. the big shame is that TV isn't like this where the entire family can watch it day or night.....
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Who can remember that far back?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Rocky & Bullwinkle Show
                          I totally forgot about that one. Also one of my favorites.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                            I totally forgot about that one. Also one of my favorites.
                            The movie they made with live action and 3D animation was trash though.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X