PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Tavern Brawl!



Teallaura
02-10-2014, 04:47 PM
[DM’s note: I’m presuming none of you have ever met before since no one told me to the contrary. Last chance to say otherwise! After the first responses, we’re going with whatever is established.]

It’s getting late in the afternoon. There’s a cool breeze from the east, made even nicer by the hint of lavender being blown in from the lavender fields. Gastove, the tiny kingdom tucked safely in a lush valley surrounded by very inhospitable mountains, has only two things of note: its chief export, lavender; and the renowned Bare Knuckles Tavern.

Each of you has read the lovely pamphlet enough times to know it by heart:

The Bare Knuckles is located in Gastove’s only true city, Ermygon. Named for the Great Sorcerer himself, Ermygon didn’t exist 50 years ago but is now a respectably sized metropolis with a large market district which is itself becoming well known in adventuring circles, one of the best hospitals in all of the Weavarian Continent and, of course, the Bare Knuckles.

Laws in Ermygon take the unique attraction into consideration. Violence between adventurers close to, but not within, the Bare Knuckles is given the benefit of the doubt (boys will be boys, after all). Accidents do happen so adventurers who find they have inadvertently busted a +3 mace over a noncombatant towns person‘s overly thick skull needn’t fear prosecution - so long as they are reasonably close to the Bare Knuckles or circumstances explain the error.

The law also works to protect the locals and the few noncombatant tourists. Violence outside of the very well marked perimeter of the Bare Knuckles is absolutely prohibited. There are two perimeters marked: the outermost ‘free for all’ zone in which a person’s intent to enter or leave the Bare Knuckles is presumed and the innermost ‘Magical Safety Zone’, which is so widely renowned that explanation is unnecessary. Violence in the FFA is tolerated to a point - it’s hard to stop fighting just because you fell over a line and the people of Ermygon realize that - but they also don’t want the streets red with blood - bad for business so it behooves the adventurer to pay attention to the zone markings as they are enjoying the amenities of the famed Bare Knuckles.

Spell casters are notified on entry to the city where they may or may not cast magic neutralizing spells. In the Bare Knuckles itself, no spell is off limits, a testament to the genius of the Sorcerer Ermygon, but no disruption spells are permitted in the MSZ as there a few small areas where such spells could cause difficulties - mostly for the caster but also for the hapless adventurer who is too close when the thing goes off. Offensive spells are not permitted in the FFA for obvious reasons.

Adventurers coming into Ermygon are provided with all the necessary information for a safe and entertaining experience. In the few rare cases where unsavory individuals have tried to take unfair advantage of Ermygon’s permissiveness, their treachery has met with swift and painful response. Ermygon, in its enlightened progressiveness, rarely enacts the death penalty, but their choice to use enslavement as punishment for violent transgressors makes violating Ermygonian law a poor choice for any adventurer.

Gastove has several ‘roads’ leading into it - road being an overstatement in most cases. The high mountain trails are difficult and dangerous which explains why Gastove needs its peculiar attraction to get anyone to come here. Korangar and Davben came in from the Deadman’s Folly Road to the west; Carrik and Twig came in on the Friezian Freeway, named for the insane ranger of the legendary Band of Eight, which is more goat trail than road and comes in from the North. Farley and Marsha ([Spart was kind enough to provide a temporary name for Chris’ character - Maggie Gallagher but even we evil DM’s have our limits...]) Used the Lavender Lane which is the only true road and comes in from the east; Twig alone used the Dwarven Death trail, most of which is underground and none of which pretends to be a road, from the south.

By happenstance, you all arrive the same late afternoon within a few hours of each other. The Bare Knuckles has satellite business offices located in each of the Town Gates. There you each pay your $50,000 gold for the privilege of entering the Bare Knuckles and staying five full days and nights either at the Bare Knuckles or at the St Glenda’s Traumatic Injury Hospital (for as long as need be). All amenities, privileges and those pesky legal warnings are explained in excruciating detail (they don’t like to have dissatisfied customers or unnecessary lawsuits). Food, drink, lodging, 3 healing potions/day and personal attendants are included (tipping is discouraged); gambling stakes and other personal services are at your own expense (the latter being a mere formality - no one comes here for the dancing girls. And if you expect more than dancing, you are in for a very rude awakening - as is very bluntly explained in the business office).

Each of the very polite concierges encourages each of you to check in and place your belongings in the (relative) safety of your rooms. Any valuables can be left in the Town Safe - and probably should be if fragile.

Once again, happenstance takes a hand - each of you arrives in the Grand Lobby of the Bare Knuckles at the same time. The Maitre de assigns rooms and personal assistants.

You are now clients of the Bare Knuckles Tavern - where would you like to begin?

[DM’s note: describe your character in your opening post]

TimelessTheist
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Any restrictions? (In regards to the character)

Irate Canadian
02-10-2014, 06:28 PM
[Psst! OOC things should be said in square brackets!]

One Bad Pig
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Twig is an elf just under 5 feet tall, with dark hair and eyes, dressed in green and brown. He's carrying a bow nearly as large as he is, with a scabbarded long-sword, and a battle-axe of dwarven make thrust through his belt. As he turns from the concierge, a dwarf a good six inches shorter than he is accosts him in a rage, "Give me back my battle-axe, or I'll break ye like th' 'twig' y'are!" Twig starts guiltily. "Oh, that was your batttle-axe, Gunthor? I thought those rooms looked a little nicer than the norm. You shouldn't leave nice things like that lying about." He pulls the battle-axe free from his belt and hands it to the dwarf. You note that Twig handles the axe like it weighs almost nothing. Gunthor snatches back the axe and splutters, "Lyin' about?! It'were locked in me chest!" Twig concedes, "True, but it wasn't a very good lock. And tell your father that the easiest path shouldn't go through your rooms." Gunthor glares for a moment, then stalks off muttering. Twig sees that he's the center of attention, and says cheerfully, "Hi. Don't mind him. We go way back. He'll get over it. I go by 'Twig.' I'm just here to have a little fun. After all that time underground, it's nice to have a little room to shoot."

TimelessTheist
02-10-2014, 06:56 PM
[Fine]

Shlak is a human, about five and a half feet tall, with light brown hair, green eyes, and a small scar running down his right ear. He wears a cloak, as black as the star-less sky, with a hood that obscures his face in shadows. He wears a leather chest-piece, with thick leather padding underneath. On his back, hidden by the cloak, he carries three weapons. The first two are a pair of sheathed, steel short swords, tightly fastened, as to not move around and make noise, even when sprinting. The third is a small, wooden crossbow, the bolts to which, he carries in a quiver, fastened behind him, on his belt. He walks into the tavern, barely being noticed by anyone in the tavern, and takes his seat at an unoccupied table....

Carrikature
02-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Carrik gruffly thanks the concierge and removes his helmet. Closely-cropped white hair stands out in stark contrast to brown skin and black eyes. At five foot eleven, Carrik is tall for a dwarf, and his mien is all the more imposing for it. Plate armor clanks as he shifts in place, scanning the room for possible targets. Somewhere around here, he knows, are the transgressors he has been tracking. His right hand brushes gently against the heavy mace hung at his side. Across his back is strapped a heavy crossbow. His shield, for the moment, leans against his leg.

Carrik's eyes narrow as he examines the people around him. "By the Cudgel," he mutters. "It would appear I've my work cut out for me."

Chaotic Void
02-10-2014, 07:56 PM
[Which route did Tavish DeGroot come from? :noid:]

Spartacus
02-10-2014, 08:03 PM
A balding dwarf with a knotted beard and a sword as tall as he is strapped to his back accosts Twig and slurs the following threat at him, "I'm only gonna warn you oncesh: if I ever catchsh you with your hands on my sword, the nexsht place it'sh gonna be is in your shkull. Korangar doeshn't threaten: he promishesh!" A second's pause, then he laughs loudly. "You sheem like fun. Let'sh go have an ale!"

[Can you tell I have a negative Charisma modifier?]

Carrikature
02-10-2014, 08:08 PM
[Can you tell I have a negative Charisma modifier?]

[Don't tell me you rolled a drunken master.]

Spartacus
02-10-2014, 08:12 PM
[Don't tell me you rolled a drunken master.]

[nope, just a dwarf with a drinking problem. Or is that redundant?

Drunken masters are unarmed combatants. They wouldn't have much use for a greatsword, except maybe to lean on]

Carrikature
02-10-2014, 08:18 PM
[Drunken masters are unarmed combatants. They wouldn't have much use for a greatsword, except maybe to lean on]

[There's no reason that need be true. The only thing scarier than a drunken fighter is one that has a greatsword in his hands.]

Spartacus
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
[There's no reason that need be true. The only thing scarier than a drunken fighter is one that has a greatsword in his hands.]

[Is Twig gonna respond or not? :tongue: ]

Carrikature
02-10-2014, 08:23 PM
[Is Twig gonna respond or not? :tongue: ]

[How should I know?]

Spartacus
02-10-2014, 08:24 PM
[How should I know?]

[Well, I'm not gonna reveal except in-character that my dwarf is a straight-up barbarian, so you're just gonna have to wait and see what he's capable of.]

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Farley was a scrawny little human a little over 5 feet tall, with grey hair and green eyes, gradually getting used to the pungent odours of urban life. He was wearing an ordinary-looking set of hide armour with a more ornate wooden shield and a sickle by his side. He looked around and smiled to himself:

'If only those bullies could see me now, sent by the council itself on such an important mission!'

Farley took his room key from the concierge. “Thank you. Just so we're clear, please instruct your staff to not use the word 'pet'. He doesn't take kindly to that.”

Farley scanned the room. 'That scoundrel, whoever he is, must be a guest here, the main thing for now is to blend in.' His attention was drawn to a loud group sat around a large table, reeking of ale. 'As good a group as any,' he thought to himself, and approached them.

“Good morning! The name's Farley. You all seem very full of life over here, mind if I join you?”

[I'll let the others decide who I just greeted]

Chrs
02-11-2014, 04:56 AM
Eilvyre licks her lips as she looks around the room at her fellow guests, barely bothering to listen to the various staff talking at her. Eil stands at about 5'11", stockily built with a messy cut of blonde hair. There's various pieces of weaponry hanging and attached to her: short swords, longbow and a small quiver and a couple of daggers. She is clad in a well-worn set of studded leather armour and a determined look.

"Hush yer gabbling and get me an ale" She says to her personal assistant. As her assistant scampers off, she looks to the room and yells "Alright, I ain't wasting any time. Who wants some?"

Spartacus
02-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Farley was a scrawny little human a little over 5 feet tall, with grey hair and green eyes, gradually getting used to the pungent odours of urban life. He was wearing an ordinary-looking set of hide armour with a more ornate wooden shield and a sickle by his side. He looked around and smiled to himself:

'If only those bullies could see me now, sent by the council itself on such an important mission!'

Farley took his room key from the concierge. “Thank you. Just so we're clear, please instruct your staff to not use the word 'pet'. He doesn't take kindly to that.”

Farley scanned the room. 'That scoundrel, whoever he is, must be a guest here, the main thing for now is to blend in.' His attention was drawn to a loud group sat around a large table, reeking of ale. 'As good a group as any,' he thought to himself, and approached them.

“Good morning! The name's Farley. You all seem very full of life over here, mind if I join you?”

[I'll let the others decide who I just greeted]

[that doesn't describe any of us so far. One of us is sitting alone at an unoccupied table, two of us are in "conversation," and the others are standing around alone. Seems to me you just approached some NPCs.]

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 05:54 AM
[that doesn't describe any of us so far. One of us is sitting alone at an unoccupied table, two of us are in "conversation," and the others are standing around alone. Seems to me you just approached some NPCs.]

[:hehe:]

Spartacus
02-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Eilvyre licks her lips as she looks around the room at her fellow guests, barely bothering to listen to the various staff talking at her. Eil stands at about 5'11", stockily built with a messy cut of blonde hair. There's various pieces of weaponry hanging and attached to her: short swords, longbow and a small quiver and a couple of daggers. She is clad in a well-worn set of studded leather armour and a determined look.

"Hush yer gabbling and get me an ale" She says to her personal assistant. As her assistant scampers off, she looks to the room and yells "Alright, I ain't wasting any time. Who wants some?"

Korangar looks at her and, looking slightly confused, raises his hand. "If you're buying, I'll have some ale."

One Bad Pig
02-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Twig grins and says, "Then I'll just have to make sure you don't catch me!" [To Eilvyre] "I'll have an ale."

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Carrik mutters something, his words lost as he places his helmet back on his head. Armor clanks as he bends over and retrieves his shield, strapping it to his arm. He rolls his shoulders, settling everything into place. He turns to face Eilvyre, makes a quick gesture with his mace and walks menacingly towards her. "I," he growls, "am your opponent. Prepare!"

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 06:59 AM
The burly occupants of the table briefly glance at Farley, shake their heads and turn their backs on him before continuing in their animated discussion.

Farley sighs, 'No-one's going to take me seriously until I earn some respect around here.' He walks towards the door and calls out to the whole room:

"Anyone who thinks they can defeat me is welcome to try - I'll be outside."

Chrs
02-11-2014, 07:03 AM
She growls in frustration at Korangar. "He knows how it's done." She says, pointing to Carrik. Eil grins as she draws her shortswords: "Your name?"

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 07:15 AM
[I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]


Carrik stops 10' away from Eilvyre. "The name is Carrik. Formalities concluded, we now fight."

[Initiative: 6(d20)+4=10. Yay me.]

Chrs
02-11-2014, 07:18 AM
[Initiative: 10+8=18]

"Eilvyre. It's a pleasure."

[Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
[Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]

[Sure, we'll give the assistants a chance to intervene.]

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
[Possibly the easiest thing I've ever DM'd... :hehe:

Tavish came by the Friesian Freeway. Sorry, I'd put him with Twig, changed my mind and forgot to put him back in. ]

Personal assistants dash about filling orders, putting away gear and getting the heck out of the way of whatever is being slung, thrown or otherwise likely to hurt if contacted. Since ale is covered by the enormous cover charge, assistants fetch large flagons for everyone who expressed a desire - or even looked longingly toward the bar.

The lobby is large, spacious and ornate - exactly the sort of place that normal innkeepers would be frantically trying to protect about now - but the Maitre de looks on dispassionately, waiting for the next group to arrive. There are three large doorways, one leading to the bar, another to the Gentleman's Club, so named for the Victorian men's clubs it resembles and not due to any restrictions of membership - there are none - and the final leads to the spa. Several people are in the spa soaking in large vats of hot water to ease the pain of their injuries (non-lethal still hurts!), two tiny elves are beating on each other with books in the Gentleman's Club and a couple of small fights have broken out in the bar, where other people are sitting by enjoying their drinks and the fights. The final feature of the Lobby is a grand staircase leading up to the guestrooms.

Actions?


[Chris, roll, please. :smile:]

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
[I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]

[:hehe:]

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 07:31 AM
[Y'all posted while I was typing. Assistants won't interfere with your fighting - and you guys know what to do from here. :smile:]

One Bad Pig
02-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Twig accepts an ale and sits down by Shlak to watch the impending duel. "So, what's your game?"

Chaotic Void
02-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Tavish DeGroot- a dark-skinned man of about average height- stumbles into the bar, exclaiming, "Did somebody mention ale?!" in a Scottish accent as he heads over to where the other ale-drinkers are at.

Chrs
02-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Eil leaps forward, shortsword in hand, and stabs at him. [Not the most strategic move ever, but.. :P]

To hit:
Natural 20+14=24, To confirm: 16+14=30
Damage: 7 (17 on critical) + 8 (vicious) = 15 (25)
Eil takes 4.

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 07:52 AM
[Ow, that stung. You gonna take that, Carry? :eh:]

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Eil leaps forward, shortsword in hand, and stabs at him. [Not the most strategic move ever, but.. :P]

To hit:
Natural 20+14=24, To confirm: 16+14=30
Damage: 7 (17 on critical) + 8 (vicious) = 15 (25)
Eil takes 4.

[Who taught you to count? 20+14=34.]

Carrik reels back as the sword pierces through a chink in his armor. "Impressive," he grunts. He steps back and gestures, muttering. White light covers him momentarily. When it passes, only the faintest trace of blood remains.

[5' step back, Cure Serious Wounds for 3d8+7=3+8+7+7=24.]


[ETA: obviously the crit confirmed.]

Chrs
02-11-2014, 08:43 AM
"Hah!" She says, "You haven't seen anything yet!"

She takes a five foot step forward and unleashes a flurry of attacks:
13/25/12/24 vs AC
14 (3 to me)/11/16 (3 to me)/9 damage

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 09:07 AM
[FYI: Carrik felt like his rib cracked but it hadn't and there was no blood from the stab. More like a really deep poke with a heavy stick - but with all the non-lethal damage of a sword. ]

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Farley waits by the door for someone to come and meet his challenge, all the while following the duel as it occurs.

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 09:44 AM
"Sir?" Myron, Farley's personal assistant asks, "should I go see if I can find someone interested in taking your challenge?"

Spartacus
02-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Tavish DeGroot- a dark-skinned man of about average height- stumbles into the bar, exclaiming, "Did somebody mention ale?!" in a Scottish accent as he heads over to where the other ale-drinkers are at.

Korangar enthusiastically greets his new drinking buddy.

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 10:58 AM
"Please do. Do you have any specific rules concerning challenges?"

Chrs
02-11-2014, 11:08 AM
[Dude, it's a *tavern brawl* :P]

Ben Zwycky
02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
[I know that, but Farley doesn't]

TimelessTheist
02-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Twig accepts an ale and sits down by Shlak to watch the impending duel. "So, what's your game?"

Shlak glances, briefly, at the elf, from underneath his hood. "....observing." He mutters, as his eyes retrain on the dual happening in front of him.

One Bad Pig
02-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Twig says, "Indeed," and does the same, enjoying an occasional sip of ale.

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 12:19 PM
[You don't have to wait for us to finish...]

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 12:29 PM
"Hah!" She says, "You haven't seen anything yet!"

She takes a five foot step forward and unleashes a flurry of attacks:
13/25/12/24 vs AC
14 (3 to me)/11/16 (3 to me)/9 damage

[2nd and 4th hit]

Two of the blows miss wildly. Carrik absorbs the damage from the other two without expression. He steps back yet again and casts another spell.

Spartacus
02-11-2014, 12:36 PM
[You don't have to wait for us to finish...]

[You don't have to rush them, either. :ale:]

Chrs
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
"Quit that mumblin' and fight!"

She steps forward again, unleashing another whirl of attacks [my move variety isn't very high]:
15/25/24/Nat 20 (crit confirm: 15) v/s AC
12 (4 vicious to me)/9/14 (1 vicious to me)/10

TimelessTheist
02-11-2014, 01:28 PM
[You don't have to wait for us to finish...]

[I'm just here to watch :lol:]

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 01:38 PM
"Quit that mumblin' and fight!"

She steps forward again, unleashing another whirl of attacks [my move variety isn't very high]:
15/25/24/Nat 20 (crit confirm: 15) v/s AC
12 (4 vicious to me)/9/14 (1 vicious to me)/10

Carrik withstands the first and second attack, but the third knocks him unconscious and he slumps to the floor.

TimelessTheist
02-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Shlak leans over, and whispers to Twig: "Hoping the dwarf is the one who dies. That mace of his should fetch a fine price on the market, to the one who swipes it afterwards."

Chrs
02-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Eil lets out a bellowing laugh. "Someone get that man up! I want to shake his hand."

One Bad Pig
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Twig whispers back laconically, "He'll be feeling that in the morning, but he'll be okay. If you see someone with something you like, you'll need to take him on and make an agreed wager beforehand. Of course, you'll need to pony up a potential prize yourself if you want any takers."

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Carrik's PA gives a signal and two Dwarven Clerical Assistants scurry over. Deciding that a simple CLW will handle matters, the older CA casts. Carrik now has all of 2 NL HP but he's conscious and capable of walking. The younger CA asks if Carrik would like one of his three daily healing potions now.

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Carrik nods that he would.

Chrs
02-11-2014, 02:10 PM
She sheaths her swords and grabs an ale from her assistant, taking a big swallow of it while the clerics deal with him. "You need more than your words to beat me, Dwarf. But I like your attitude and courage. Drink with me."

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 02:15 PM
The CA hands Carrik a potion. After drinking it, Carrik finds that he has half his HP back. By the time he is on his feet and talking to Eil he has 3/4 back and within a couple minutes he is at full. A quick glance at the brochere explains that one of the three will be a special that only works in Ermygon but does help the person regain full HP. It can only be used once per day.

Carrikature
02-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Carrik regains his feet and signals for an ale. "Done." He holds out his mug before downing the contents in a single draught.


[Dwarves are known for drinking prowess, right?]

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 02:20 PM
[:yes:]

TimelessTheist
02-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Carrik regains his feet and signals for an ale. "Done." He holds out his mug before downing the contents in a single draught.


[Dwarves are known for drinking prowess, right?]

[In Dwarf Fortress, the Dwarves actually become depressed, and sometimes, suicidal, if they don't have a drink for one, full, year.]

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Tavish immediately starts gulping down his ale, and promptly asks for another.

"Ach... That's some Goooood Ale. I'll take another."

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 07:53 AM
[Tavern Brawl, a.k.a. a bunch of drunks sitting around drinking ale.]

"What say you we test these other layabouts?" Carrik asks Eilvyre.

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 09:22 AM
[Anyone going to do anything but drink ale? Waiting for an answer from Farley.

There's nothing in the rulebook that says you have to be drunk to get into a bar fight - not even necessary here...]

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 09:33 AM
"Any other 'layabouts' wanna help me teach this loudmouthed dwarf a lesson in civility?"

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 09:40 AM
DeGroot finishes his second ale, wiping the glass with his sleeve then sucking on the aforementioned sleeve to free it's alcoholic contents. He cracks his knuckles.

"Aye, Lad. I'm in tha mood to teach this loudmouth a lesson."

Chrs
02-12-2014, 09:59 AM
"If you want civility you might be in the wrong place, mate." Eil says, forcefully slamming her mug down on the table.

"Me and the muttery dwarf take on you two wimps? I'll snap you in two."

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 10:06 AM
(Question. How large is the distance between me and Carrik/Eli?)

Chrs
02-12-2014, 10:08 AM
[However large you want it to be, probably. It's not like we have a map atm.]

[Also, it's Eil. Eilvyre.]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Carrik reaches into a pouch at his waist and retrieves a small fragment of...something. He holds it up before him, whispering. The fragment vanishes in a small puff of smoke. "Mock my prayers as you wish, but they shall help nonetheless." He places a hand on Eilvyre's shoulder for a moment. The air around her shimmers.


[Initiative: 7. I'm assuming you lot stood up while I cast unless you want your first actions to include standing up. And since we're making up the distance...30' between us? If you want something else, that's fine.]

Chrs
02-12-2014, 10:30 AM
[Initiative: 16]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 10:31 AM
(Well... distance and movement speed is kind of important fir me.....but, whatever.)

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 10:32 AM
[Yup. Tavish stood up as he cracked his knuckles.]

[Initiative Roll: 18 total.]

DeGroot chugs a potion from a knapsack of his. "Let's Rumble, Laddies."

Chrs
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
[Yeah, I understand. But, while this is going on you could've manuevered yourself to whereever you want to be. So... Unless Teal says otherwise?]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Carrik looks at Farley. "Now might be the time to get involved. That is, if the lady doesn't object."

Chrs
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
"The more the merrier" Eli replies with a vicious-looking grin.

Ben Zwycky
02-12-2014, 10:51 AM
[Teal, Farley was calling Eric over and doing what he said he would do outside but just outside the doorway as soon as the first fight ended. Let me know how much of that got done]

A powerful and fearsome-looking rhinocerous in what looks like leather armour appears beside Farley.

"This is Eric, isn't he adorable? He may look cute and cuddly to you, but he can take care of himself."

Initiative: 15

Initiative for Eric: 16

Spartacus
02-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Korangar requests 2 more ales.

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 11:12 AM
[Initiative for Twig: 17]
Twig stands up, swiftly nocks an arrow and lets fly a point-blank shot at Carrik.

[23 to hit, for 14 damage]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 11:36 AM
'Shlak draws his dagger (Quick draw),and, knowing a frontal attack is not ideal, slips from his chair, and attempts to "Hide" among the rabble of the tavern.

Roll for Hide: 1d20=7+14=21

(Since we don't have a map, and no one knows where the heck anything is, I'm just going to assume that was a success...unless anyone's going to attempt a counter-check)

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 11:47 AM
[Initiative for Twig: 17]
Twig stands up, swiftly nocks an arrow and lets fly a point-blank shot at Carrik.

[23 to hit, for 14 damage]

[That's a miss. :smile:]

Carrik grins as the arrow whistles by.


[ETA: Timeless, roll initiative.]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 11:53 AM
[ETA: Timeless, roll initiative.]

(But I didn't initiate combat yet...)

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 11:55 AM
[Sheesh - NOW you get busy!

You started about 25 ft from each other, with Farley the furthest out at 60 ft - I did tell you it was a big building.

Hiding is easy enough - it's a bar. Think Western style salloon layout and Victorian decor. Duck behind one of the tables or the bar itself - you had time to do either.

Y'all can read initiative as well as I can - go for it.

Do you need a map? Nothing is going to be out of anyone's range at these distances and tables and chairs are plentiful enough that, unless someone does something that would clear them all out, you can safely assume one's in easy reach.]

:grin:

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 11:58 AM
[If TT is hiding he doesn't need initiative - I didn't see any attacks directed at him. If someone is attacking him as he's trying to hide, say so - in which case you do need initiative.

In the future, it saves time to just go ahead and roll initiative when people start throwing punches, even if you don't plan to.]

Chrs
02-12-2014, 11:58 AM
[CV, OBP, Me, Ben, Ben2, Carrik?]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 12:06 PM
[If TT is hiding he doesn't need initiative - I didn't see any attacks directed at him. If someone is attacking him as he's trying to hide, say so - in which case you do need initiative.

In the future, it saves time to just go ahead and roll initiative when people start throwing punches, even if you don't plan to.]

(What's the required roll I need to hide?)

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 12:09 PM
(What's the required roll I need to hide?)

[It's an opposed check. Anyone looking for you would have to roll Spot and compare it against what you rolled for Hide. At the moment, though, I think we all count as sufficiently distracted for you to hide successfully. You'll have to re-roll after a snipe attempt, at a penalty. Hide (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm)]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 12:10 PM
[CV, OBP, Me, Ben, Ben2, Carrik?]

[Yep. Go CV!]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
[Yep. Go CV!]

'Shlak is hidden behind a bar counter. He is approximately 30 feet away from the others. He sheathes his dagger (move action) and draws his hand-crossbow (free action-Quick Draw). He loads a bolt, and waits....

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
[That's a miss. :smile:]

Carrik grins as the arrow whistles by.


[ETA: Timeless, roll initiative.]

(Also....geez. How much AC do you have?)

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
[:yes: To all of the above. ]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 12:21 PM
(Also....geez. How much AC do you have?)

[Apparently not enough, as Eilvyre clearly established. :tongue:]

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 12:42 PM
[Apparently not enough, as Eilvyre clearly established. :tongue:]
[Given the numbers that hit earlier, Twig missed by a whisker.]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
[Given the numbers that hit earlier, Twig missed by a whisker.]

[:yes:]

Chrs
02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
[Are we metagaming, folks? :tongue:]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 12:45 PM
[Given the numbers that hit earlier, Twig missed by a whisker.]

'Shlak observes Degroot, to figure out what race he is.' (Since, you know, he never explicitly stated before....)

Irate Canadian
02-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Davben is a human male,with black hair and green eyes. He's carrying a battle-axe. Davben goes into the tavern,and takes his seat at a unoccupied table.

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 02:15 PM
[Okay, to account for the late post (which is fine - not complaining) Davben was talking to his PA about where to put his things and there was a slight confusion when the PA misunderstood, hence the delay but no actual disruption. Davben goes in between the first and second fights. ]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Davben is a human male,with black hair and green eyes. He's carrying a battle-axe. Davben goes into the tavern,and takes his seat at a unoccupied table.

(Completely ignoring the huge fight that's going on in front of him.)

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Tavish DeGroot Casts a Spell in the direction of Eil and Carrik, as Scorching Rays emerge from his hands and fly towards each of you.

"It's Aboot tah Warm Up In Here." He exclaims with glee.

[Ranged Touch Attacks on each of you:
-25 for Eil. 12 Damage for You
-26 (CRITICAL!) for Carrik, (19 to Confirm, if spells can Crit). 13 (26 if confirmed) for You.]

[For the Record: DeGroot is Human]

Chrs
02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
[That's a hit.

Yes, spells can crit.]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
[:glare:]

Spartacus
02-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Korangar climbs up on the nearest table, then downs one tankard before pouring the second one over his head and shouting a battle cry.

[Init: 10]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 03:49 PM
(Init: 11, mine's better.)

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Twig lets fly another arrow at Carrik:

[attack=34, damage=15]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
[One day it would be nice if the dice rolled in my favor...]

Carrik is knocked unconscious once again.

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 07:12 PM
[One day it would be nice if the dice rolled in my favor...]

Carrik is knocked unconscious once again.

(You don't die, you're just knocked unconscious?....Lame.) (Also, I rolled initiative, it was 11, what's my order for the turns?

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 07:21 PM
[CV, OBP, Chrs, Ben, Ben2, TT, IC - though the last two didn't roll for initiative until this round had already started, so they might need to wait until the next round to join the festivities]

TimelessTheist
02-12-2014, 08:16 PM
(Question: How far away is the stairway to the second floor from the counter I'm hiding behind?)

Chrs
02-13-2014, 05:15 AM
"Lightweight." She mutters, lauching herself at Tavish.

25 vs AC, 14 damage.

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 05:45 AM
(Geez, another crit)

Ben Zwycky
02-13-2014, 06:04 AM
Eric lowers his head and charges at Eilvyre, missing completely (rolled a 1)

Farley shakes his head and mutters to himself.

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 07:02 AM
[The two new combatants start at the beginning of this round - which would be now since everyone has checked in.

:poke: Do your homework - this is an adventurer's vacation spot - lots and lots of fighting minus that whole dying thing. Get too far away from the building and that changes instantly.

Casters, if your spell has a component that can be observed, mention it (Bob takes out a bit of string. Mike mutters some words. Tina waves her hands theatrically - whatever). If it's going off in that round (MM, for example) may as well just state what you're casting. If it takes a few rounds to cast and you want it to be a surprise, just mention the action and pm me the spell you're casting.

Figthers, if you are prepping a weapon you won't use this round, mention it. If you're hiding behind something and want to surprise everyone, just pm me what you're doing.

Hiding, as most of you know, is not perfect and you can be observed - but in the middle of a barroom brawl, that's not likely so I'll only make checks where I think the likelihood of being seen is significant. And yes, I'll warn you if you're hiding next to an open window - likely open because someone was thrown through it.

The stairs are about 40 ft from your current position. You have to go through a wide, and very much occupied by people fighting, doorway to get to it.

As we say in the SCA - Lay on!]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 07:06 AM
[:argh: I can't edit - it eats the whole post. Sorry, nearly forgot...]

Carrik's PA and one of the barmaids drag Carrik out of the way. CA's scurry over and do a quick CLW. +5

[Is that enough - kinda busy right this minute. If not, the CA does a second. +3 (argh...)]

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 07:07 AM
[The +5 was enough. I'm assuming I'm prone somewhere and can rejoin at the end of initiative order?]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 07:22 AM
[:yes: You also have the option to send for another healing potion.]

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 07:23 AM
[:yes: You also have the option to send for another healing potion.]

[No thanks, I'll heal myself this time.]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 07:32 AM
[:thumb:]

Irate Canadian
02-13-2014, 08:21 AM
[The two new combatants start at the beginning of this round - which would be now since everyone has checked in.

:poke: Do your homework - this is an adventurer's vacation spot - lots and lots of fighting minus that whole dying thing. Get too far away from the building and that changes instantly.

Casters, if your spell has a component that can be observed, mention it (Bob takes out a bit of string. Mike mutters some words. Tina waves her hands theatrically - whatever). If it's going off in that round (MM, for example) may as well just state what you're casting. If it takes a few rounds to cast and you want it to be a surprise, just mention the action and pm me the spell you're casting.

Figthers, if you are prepping a weapon you won't use this round, mention it. If you're hiding behind something and want to surprise everyone, just pm me what you're doing.

Hiding, as most of you know, is not perfect and you can be observed - but in the middle of a barroom brawl, that's not likely so I'll only make checks where I think the likelihood of being seen is significant. And yes, I'll warn you if you're hiding next to an open window - likely open because someone was thrown through it.

The stairs are about 40 ft from your current position. You have to go through a wide, and very much occupied by people fighting, doorway to get to it.

As we say in the SCA - Lay on!]
[Uh,I just came in.Why do I have to join the fun right now?]

Spartacus
02-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Korangar draws his greatsword as he charges at the nearest combatant [he's attacking the closest person involved in this combat that he can see, I'll leave it to Teal to decide who that is]:
[10d20+14=24, 13 damage]

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Korangar draws his greatsword as he charges at the nearest combatant [he's attacking the closest person involved in this combat that he can see, I'll leave it to Teal to decide who that is]:
[10d20+14=24, 13 damage]

Considering I'm still hiding behind this counter, twiddling my thumbs, that's probably not me.

One Bad Pig
02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Korangar draws his greatsword as he charges at the nearest combatant [he's attacking the closest person involved in this combat that he can see, I'll leave it to Teal to decide who that is]:
[10d20+14=24, 13 damage]
[you're drunk, and you started your charge from a tabletop. You sure you successfully negotiated that?]

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 08:40 AM
[Uh,I just came in.Why do I have to join the fun right now?]

[Pretty sure that's Spart and TT.]



Considering I'm still hiding behind this counter, twiddling my thumbs, that's probably not me.

[You rolled initiative...]

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Korangar draws his greatsword as he charges at the nearest combatant [he's attacking the closest person involved in this combat that he can see, I'll leave it to Teal to decide who that is]:
[10d20+14=24, 13 damage]

[Depending on where you were sitting, it's probably Tavish.]

Spartacus
02-13-2014, 08:49 AM
[you're drunk, and you started your charge from a tabletop. You sure you successfully negotiated that?]

[if it's impossible to charge (which I suppose it could be, unless someone is standing within 10-15 feet of the table), Teal can either switch it to regular movement followed by an attack, which would lower the to-hit by 2, or make me fall flat on my face. Any result will sufficiently amuse me.]

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 09:27 AM
[Pretty sure that's Spart and TT.]




[You rolled initiative...]

I only rolled iniative to figure out what order my turn was in. I'm not actually in tge process of attacking.

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 09:34 AM
I only rolled iniative to figure out what order my turn was in. I'm not actually in tge process of attacking.

[Right. Whenever you decide to attack or move, now you know when you're allowed to do it.]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 10:22 AM
[IC: You can just sit down and drink or whatever if you want. Fortunately, you aren't that close to Spart.

Spart: Tavish or Twig - I agree with Carry Tavish is a bit closer. Also, roll a dex check. Agility or whatever the heck it's called now... :argh:

I assumed Spart's drunk would be more interested in movement so I didn't give him much of a chance of deciding to attack TT. As it stands, TT is undetected. That will likely change when y'all get around to breaking things...]

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 10:38 AM
[IC: You can just sit down and drink or whatever if you want. Fortunately, you aren't that close to Spart.

Spart: Tavish or Twig - I agree with Carry Tavish is a bit closer. Also, roll a dex check. Agility or whatever the heck it's called now... :argh:

I assumed Spart's drunk would be more interested in movement so I didn't give him much of a chance of deciding to attack TT. As it stands, TT is undetected. That will likely change when y'all get around to breaking things...]

(I thought they had to roll a Spot check to counter my hide? Even so, none of them even know where I'm hiding in the first place.)

Spartacus
02-13-2014, 11:08 AM
[IC: You can just sit down and drink or whatever if you want. Fortunately, you aren't that close to Spart.

Spart: Tavish or Twig - I agree with Carry Tavish is a bit closer. Also, roll a dex check. Agility or whatever the heck it's called now... :argh:

I assumed Spart's drunk would be more interested in movement so I didn't give him much of a chance of deciding to attack TT. As it stands, TT is undetected. That will likely change when y'all get around to breaking things...]

[He's only had 2 drinks so far :ale:
Jump? Tumble? I rolled an 11, and my DEX modifier is +1. If it's a dex/tumble check, that makes it 12. If jump, I'm at +9, so either 12 or 20.]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
[We'll use Jump - t'aint purdy, but you make it.]

Ben Zwycky
02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
[So what's the overall turn order now? It's confusing when people are sometimes referred to by their character names, and sometimes by their forum names]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 01:37 PM
[CV, OBP, Chrs, Ben, Ben2, TT, IC. FYI: if you choose not to act in a given round please post that fact so we don't wait for you. ]

Ben Zwycky
02-13-2014, 02:00 PM
[Shouldn't Spart be in there somewhere?]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 02:02 PM
[Um no, no, he shouldn't.... :uhoh:]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
[CV, OBP, Chrs, Ben, Ben2, TT, Spart, IC - :brood: You were the one that rolled a 9, right?]

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
We're still waiting....on, someone. I forget who.

One Bad Pig
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
We're still waiting....on, someone. I forget who.
[IC].

TimelessTheist
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
[IC].

(Ah...dangit. I forgot, this is their daily maple syrup and hockey, hour. He could be a while....)

Teallaura
02-14-2014, 07:14 AM
[Let's assume IC withholds action this round. It did seem to be his intention.

IC: if you meant to attack, let me know and we'll figure it out. If not, you can still go to the bar or whatever this round. :smile:


He's probably frozen and waiting for the spring thaw... :noid: ]

Irate Canadian
02-14-2014, 08:23 AM
[Yeah,my plan was to withhold action for this round.]

Teallaura
02-14-2014, 11:00 AM
[:thumb:

Okay, boys - let'er rip!]

Chrs
02-14-2014, 11:01 AM
[CV's turn then.]

Chaotic Void
02-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Degroot Casts Magic Missile at Eil (Chrs' Character). "Down Ye Go, Lassie!"

[4 Magic Missiles. 3 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 18 Damage total]

One Bad Pig
02-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Twig lets fly an arrow at Korangar
[attack=21, damage=18]

Chrs
02-15-2014, 11:42 AM
[@CV - Presumably you're taking a step back so I don't slap you down with an attack of opportunity?]

TimelessTheist
02-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Degroot Casts Magic Missile at Eil (Chrs' Character). "Down Ye Go, Lassie!"

[4 Magic Missiles. 3 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 18 Damage total]

(You can cast 4 magic missiles in one turn)?

TimelessTheist
02-15-2014, 11:53 AM
[@CV - Presumably you're taking a step back so I don't slap you down with an attack of opportunity?]

(Actually, you can make an attack of opportunity if he so much as moves a space, so moving would probably not help the situation)

Spartacus
02-15-2014, 11:57 AM
(Actually, you can make an attack of opportunity if he so much as moves a space, so moving would probably not help the situation)

[a 5-foot step avoids attacks of opportunity, and at level 3, 5, 7, and 9, casters get one more magic missile per cast.]

Chaotic Void
02-15-2014, 12:35 PM
[@CV - Presumably you're taking a step back so I don't slap you down with an attack of opportunity?]

[I wasn't even aware you were right next to me. But yeah, I'll take a 5-foot step back to prevent that. :rasberry:]

Chrs
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM
[You're Tavish, right? http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?720-Game-Thread-Tavern-Brawl!&p=15001&viewfull=1#post15001 ]

TimelessTheist
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
[a 5-foot step avoids attacks of opportunity, and at level 3, 5, 7, and 9, casters get one more magic missile per cast.]

I thought you could only take a step 'after' you attack?

Spartacus
02-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I thought you could only take a step 'after' you attack?

[No. You can take your actions in any order; you don't need to wait until after you take your standard action to take a move action.]

Chrs
02-15-2014, 02:23 PM
[Anyway, so.]

Step forward and full attack Tavish:
23/31 (crit confirm: 13)/25/20 v/s AC
Damage: 18 (1 vicious)/12/15 (3 vicious)/9

Chaotic Void
02-15-2014, 09:06 PM
[Whoops, I didn't see that first post.

That reminds me, Chrs... you need to make percentile rolls to see if those actually hit me, including your first attack. :grin:]

Chrs
02-16-2014, 02:51 AM
[Would've been nice if you told me any visable effects on you :glare:]

In order:
4 (miss), 75, 63, 69, 93

Ben Zwycky
02-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Eric gores Eil

to hit: 27 damage: 19


A dire wolf appears 40 ft in front of Farley and charges at Eil if she's still standing, or at Korangar if she isn't.

to hit nat 20: crit confirm to hit: 32 (I'll assume that's confirmed) damage: 35 if crit, 15 if not

trip attempt roll: 15

Farley morphs into a green lizard roughly his size with sharp-looking teeth and claws, and moves 20 ft closer to the action.

TimelessTheist
02-16-2014, 09:36 AM
'Shlak fires a bolt at Tavish from his hiding place, a sneak attack!'

To hit: 16+7=23 Damage: 1d4=4+ 4d6 (Sneak attack bonus)=4+3+3+3=17

'Shlak quickly ducks back into his hiding spot'

Roll for hide: 15+14=29-20=9

'Shlak loads another bolt into his hand-crossbow' (Free action)

Ben Zwycky
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
[Does that hide check apply to everyone? I assume it happened about 40 ft in front of Farley who was following the combat]

Spot: 10+14-4(distance)=20

TimelessTheist
02-16-2014, 01:20 PM
[Does that hide check apply to everyone? I assume it happened about 40 ft in front of Farley who was following the combat]

Spot: 10+14-4(distance)=20

(Well, yes, I'm 30 ft. from Tavis, but, considering that move order you did, I would say you're about 40 ft. away, yes. Not like I care if you can see me, you're too busy beating up Eli with your animals, that you can, apparently, spawn out of nothing.)

Ben Zwycky
02-16-2014, 02:02 PM
[I'd say if a projectile came whizzing into a fight he was already following, it's likely to be the sort of thing he'd notice, up to Teal]

TimelessTheist
02-16-2014, 03:40 PM
[I'd say if a projectile came whizzing into a fight he was already following, it's likely to be the sort of thing he'd notice, up to Teal]

(Well, considering he's busy having his face beat in by Chrs, even if his spot was high enough, he couldn't really do anything.)

Ben Zwycky
02-17-2014, 12:56 AM
[Farley hasn't been touched yet, he's just sent in the rhino and dire Wolf. Shlak just attacked Farley's temporary ally, and someone sniping at his allies could easily turn his sights on Farley himself, so that's logically something Farley will want to react to. Up to Teal whether he's allowed to notice and react to it next round.]

Teallaura
02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
[Since Farley hasn't moved yet and didn't attack, yes, he has a chance to notice the sniping (and a successful roll so he did). He's still about 35 feet out (he did specify coming back in - otherwise it'd be 60) with lots of other things going on so whether or not he can do much with that knowledge next round remains to be seen.

Apologies for the tardiness - computer goes to the shop (finally!) today. Since I don't have a lot of time here I'm asking for several spot chekcs - one I'm sure I don't need but I don't remember which one and I'm in a hurry - sorry. Korangar (unless Shlak didn't attack him); Twig (ditto) and Tavish. ]

One Bad Pig
02-17-2014, 09:58 AM
[spot check for Twig - 22]

Ben Zwycky
02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
[So, Chrs, is Eil still conscious? If not, which attack finished her off?]

Chrs
02-17-2014, 02:10 PM
[No. The last one of yours.]

Chaotic Void
02-18-2014, 04:00 PM
[The third attack in Chrs' Salvo downed me. Do I need to bother rolling for Spot?]

TimelessTheist
02-18-2014, 04:58 PM
(So my sneak-attack was for nothing.....fantastic.)

Ben Zwycky
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
[It happened before your action, so logically you would have fired at someone else, just pick a different target (that's why I include the conditional 'if {target a} is still conscious, if not attack {target b}' in my attacks, it helps to speed things along)]

TimelessTheist
02-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Who's still standing, again?

Ben Zwycky
02-19-2014, 05:34 AM
[Korangar, Twig, Farley, Eric the Rhino, Eric the Dire Wolf, a lot of NPC's. I assume Gunthor was just a plot device for introducing Twig rather than another character, and isn't here anymore anyway.]

TimelessTheist
02-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Fine , then. My attack is directed at Koranger instead of Tavish, now.

Teallaura
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
[Unconscious people don't need to worry about spot checks. Blood loss, maybe... :grin:

Okay, since Kor was the target instead of Tavish, Spart, spot check, please.

Twig: Yep, you notice movement out of the corner of your eye.]

PA's and CA's scurry to their various charges.

[Eil: CLW +2 (dice, can't trust 'em), and if necessary a second +4. Are you conscious?

Tav: CLW +6 (more like it) and, if necessary a seond +3. How we doin'?

Once conscious, both CA's will ask if you would like a healing potion.]





[DM Note: I am now the proud owner of a very large paperweight. It may be a while before I'm online at home again.]

One Bad Pig
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
[so, a new round starts, excepting the people being healed?]

Ben Zwycky
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
[Think so, IC's not getting involved in this fight, it seems]

Teallaura
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
[:yes:]

Ben Zwycky
02-20-2014, 10:46 AM
[OBP, you're up, aren't you? turn order OBP, Me, Spart, TT, right?]

One Bad Pig
02-20-2014, 10:52 AM
[Degroot first, I think]

Ben Zwycky
02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
[He's unconscious]

One Bad Pig
02-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Twig aims another arrow in the general vicinity of Korangar
[attack=18, damage=16 if it somehow hits]

Ben Zwycky
02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
If Eric the Rhino has an available path to charge at Korangar, he does:

to hit: 22 (24 if charge), damage 41 if charge, 21 if not

If Korangar is still standing, Eric the Dire Wolf leaps at him:

to hit: 16, if hit damage: 16, if hit trip roll: 32

If Korangar is still conscious, Farley charges at him if he has a clear path (bonuses for Korangar being prone not included):

to hit:24 (26 if charge), damage: 13

{if a charge gets 3 more attacks:

to hit: 22, damage 5

to hit: 22, damage 6

to hit: 21, damage 7}

Spartacus
02-20-2014, 09:30 PM
[I'm almost definitely down. What did I ever do to you, anyway? :frown: ]

Chaotic Void
02-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Tav: CLW +6 (more like it) and, if necessary a seond +3. How we doin'?

Once conscious, both CA's will ask if you would like a healing potion.]


[Brings me to 3 HP. And yes, I will take that potion. Do I act the round after this?]



[DM Note: I am now the proud owner of a very large paperweight. It may be a while before I'm online at home again.]

[Daaaaang.... that bites]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 01:31 AM
[I'm almost definitely down. What did I ever do to you, anyway? :frown: ]

[Sowwy Sparty... Well, TT's first plan of attack was helping you, his changed plan switched sides so there was three (five) against one. That's the fight over for now, unless TT wants to shoot at Twig, Farley or one of the animals]

Irate Canadian
02-21-2014, 04:07 AM
[DM Note: I am now the proud owner of a very large paperweight. It may be a while before I'm online at home again.]
[Have any clue what happened to your computer?]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 07:39 AM
[So TT, you're up if you want to attack someone, whatcha gonna do now?

Teal, how long until the unconscious people are back up to full health from a healing potion (how many minutes)?]

TimelessTheist
02-21-2014, 08:30 AM
You mean that attack didn't hit either? Geez, fine. The shot tgat was supposed to go at Koranger, instead, goes to the rhino-thing.

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 08:45 AM
[No, your attack hit, our combined attacks brought Korangar down. Everyone that can has gone this round and it's back to your turn, if you want to take it, but you'd need to roll for any new attacks.]

Teallaura
02-21-2014, 09:44 AM
[Sheesh - Even I feel a little sorry for Spart... :egad:

Those who asked for potions got them - you're at half HP beginning next round and full by the round after - minus any additional damage.]

Tavern personnel scramble to clear debris during the brief lull while people are drinking their potions. They manage to get the broken tables (a rhino charged here) out of the way before diving for cover themselves.

And they're off!

Teallaura
02-21-2014, 09:47 AM
[EDIT: Ack - if Carrik was one of the potion drinkers, it's a standard CMW. You can roll it for yourself (normally I do but I'm waaaay behind right now).


IC: Hard drive and Motherboard both died. The hard drive at least tried to come back but it failed. I'm gonna take it out and let them recycle the big box. ]

One Bad Pig
02-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Twig sends an arrow Farley's way
[29 to hit, 12 damage]

Carrikature
02-21-2014, 10:46 AM
[EDIT: Ack - if Carrik was one of the potion drinkers, it's a standard CMW. You can roll it for yourself (normally I do but I'm waaaay behind right now).

[I hadn't taken a potion. I'm technically conscious but I haven't acted.]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 11:08 AM
If he can, Eric the Rhino charges Twig (I assume he can, since twig used a ranged attack on Korangar):

to hit: 22/24 if charging, damage: 44 if charging, 26 if not

If Twig is still standing, Eric the Dire Wolf attacks him:

to hit: 20, damage: 16 trip attempt: 15

If Twig is still concsious, Farley comes in with an attack, setting up a flank with Eric the Rhino (not including possible prone status of Twig):

to hit: 24, damage: 12

One Bad Pig
02-21-2014, 11:29 AM
[ow - not sure how charging works in a tavern brawl where things are crowded, but whatev; still standing either way (TL, note my AC is modified by characteristics I couldn't choose in the auto-form)]

Carrikature
02-21-2014, 11:43 AM
[It's a rhino.]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 11:55 AM
[It's a rhino.]

[wearing leather armor and a saddle]

One Bad Pig
02-21-2014, 12:02 PM
[wearing leather armor and a saddle]
[Which would be rather a large animal to get inside a tavern, let alone be able to move anywhere without causing mass damage. Realistic, this is not.]

Spartacus
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM
[Which would be rather a large animal to get inside a tavern, let alone be able to move anywhere without causing mass damage. Realistic, this is not.]

[I think a floor map would have been really helpful.]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM
[Which would be rather a large animal to get inside a tavern, let alone be able to move anywhere without causing mass damage. Realistic, this is not.]

[And the non-lethal magic is realistic?

This is a tavern built specifically for fighting in, so I expect it'd be built to accommodate larger creatures, but I could be wrong...]

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 12:35 PM
[I think a floor map would have been really helpful.]

[Agreed on that]

Teallaura
02-21-2014, 02:01 PM
[I ASKED a couple times if you wanted a map!!! :glare:

Ben, roll a save for Eric - under Dex if he doesn't have 'jump' of some sort.

It's a BIG tavern so yes, a big animal can fit in - doesn't mean the floor is gonna support it, though... :grin:

I'll do a map...:sigh:]

TimelessTheist
02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Fine. Shlak vaults over the counter and runs, 30 feet, towards the staircase. (Now 10 feet away from what Teal said. He waits.

Ben Zwycky
02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
DEX roll 18, 26 if a jump check

TimelessTheist
02-21-2014, 03:19 PM
DEX roll 18, 26 if a jump check

Why?

Ben Zwycky
02-22-2014, 12:28 AM
[Dex bonus of +0, jump bonus of +8, oops should be plus 10 after counting the enhancement from Bull's strength]

Teallaura
02-22-2014, 03:58 PM
[:doh: Shlak, roll a 'didn't fall down the great big hole I just tried to run over' check. Kor, Twig and Tav, balance checks.]

Eric stops long enough to switch targets but even that is too long as the floor gives way under the weight (and the skidding and charging didn't help). The shaking from his initial charge had been bad enough but the collapsing floor plays havok with those closest to it. [-16 damage to Eric - he sorta landed mostly on his feet.]

After a moment, Eric can be heard bellowing from the cellar below - although it is almost drowned out by the screams of the poor tavern workers scrambling to get to safety. At least one distant voice is heard yelling, "The ale casks! Save the ale from that thing!!!!!"

One Bad Pig
02-22-2014, 04:34 PM
[20 for Twig]

Ben Zwycky
02-23-2014, 01:12 PM
[You sure you don't want a balance check from Farley and the wolf, seeing as they are both right next to Twig? If so, Farley: 20, wolf: 15]

TimelessTheist
02-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Jump Roll=11

One Bad Pig
02-23-2014, 03:23 PM
[You sure you don't want a balance check from Farley and the wolf, seeing as they are both right next to Twig? If so, Farley: 20, wolf: 15]
[since Eric charged first and made a nice hole in the floor before he managed to get to Twig (AFAICT), I don't see how Farley and wolf got over to Twig either.]

Ben Zwycky
02-23-2014, 11:47 PM
[aha, forgot about that. Could we have a map, please, Teal?]

Chaotic Void
02-24-2014, 06:43 AM
[Balance: 18 + 3 = 21]

Teallaura
02-24-2014, 08:31 AM
[Sorry, never got a chance to check in Sunday. I'll do a map this evening and post an update. Gotta run! :eek:]

Teallaura
03-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Here's the basic map - I have to do some additional work before I get everyone in.

392

Ben Zwycky
03-07-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm getting an invalid attachment

Teallaura
03-07-2014, 03:52 PM
:argh:

I'll see what I can do about it tomorrow...

One Bad Pig
03-08-2014, 09:26 AM
:argh:

I'll see what I can do about it tomorrow...
You'll probably have to send it out by email or something (like bribe Chrs to fix the attachment functionality for everyone).

Spartacus
03-08-2014, 09:30 AM
"Save the... ale..." Korangar mutters

TimelessTheist
03-08-2014, 09:55 AM
'Shlak says a prayer to Kord'

"Please just strike me down now, so I don't have to wait any longer."

Ben Zwycky
03-08-2014, 11:23 AM
upload it to your dropbox and post a link?

Teallaura
03-09-2014, 07:36 AM
[My what? :eh:]

Ben Zwycky
03-09-2014, 09:49 AM
[You don't have a dropbox? It's free (https://www.dropbox.com/) and makes sharing files really easy]

Teallaura
03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9i4vtey76m18ju/TB%20Bar%201.png

[:smile: Thanks!]

Ben Zwycky
03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
[np, so who is where, in that image? I guess Shlak is the circle with two diamond shapes next to him, Farley is the one just almost due 'south' of him, I'm not sure about the others. What are those diamond shapes? The assistants?]

Teallaura
03-11-2014, 08:20 AM
[They're PC's - sorry, I really haven't had time to fix anything. ]

Ben Zwycky
03-11-2014, 08:49 AM
[Oh, right, the circles are the tables of course, silly me. I hope your computer problems can get sorted out soon, this was just getting interesting]

Irate Canadian
03-21-2014, 11:52 AM
[Are we dead yet?]

Teallaura
03-21-2014, 11:57 AM
{Not quite... :grin:]

TimelessTheist
03-26-2014, 05:52 AM
So.... are we done with this, now?

Irate Canadian
06-04-2014, 12:11 PM
[R.I.P This Game... :p ]