PDA

View Full Version : Principles for forum posting

Zymologist
07-15-2015, 09:01 AM
I found this article (http://sharperiron.org/article/from-archives-argue-like-saint) on the subject of how we use our words in internet discussions, and thought it was worth sharing.

Christianbookworm
07-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Don't be a jerk? Remember that no one ultimately anonymous on the internet because God knows everything?

KingsGambit
07-15-2015, 06:19 PM
I wish I lived up to these principles better.

KingsGambit
08-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Another thing I think people should stop doing: If somebody writes a really long post and they happen to cite a Wikipedia page to back up one point... I find it annoying when people ignore everything else they wrote and just say "well you're wrong because you cited Wikipedia".

whag
08-24-2015, 08:05 PM
I wish I lived up to these principles better.

At the risk of being modded, my overriding impression of you is that you're one of the most consistently principled, even-keeled, and nuanced posters on on tweb.

Chrawnus
08-25-2015, 04:02 AM
At the risk of being modded, my overriding impression of you is that you're one of the most consistently principled, even-keeled, and nuanced posters on on tweb.

Why would you be modded for finally getting something right? :shrug:

Irate Canadian
08-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Why would you be modded for finally getting something right? :shrug:

Technically, this is a Christians only area. However, he's not doing anything "wrong" in the spirit of the rule, so I doubt he'll get modded for it.

Darth Xena
08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Bah. :). I'm ruined for polite Christian forum discussions by some of the closed libertarian groups I belong to. Have you ever *tried* to outdo them or offend them?

Darth Executor
08-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Bah. :). I'm ruined for polite Christian forum discussions by some of the closed libertarian groups I belong to. Have you ever *tried* to outdo them or offend them?

umm

Darth Xena
08-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Shrug. Just saying'

(and if anyone takes me entirely seriously on everything... well you are not going to have a good time of it)

There is a grain of truth to the comment, and a huge dose of being a wiseass.

Darth Xena
08-27-2015, 07:17 PM
The grain of truth is this.... have you ever gotten a group of radical libertarians together and tried to offend or shock them? It isn't possible.

Wait... I take that back. Mention the State. They will be very offended.

KingsGambit
08-27-2015, 07:17 PM

Well thank you :innocent:

Teallaura
08-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Note to self: Amen this.

FYI Whag you can pm the area mod and/or the OP for permission to post in areas normally off limits. As long as you are a good house quest or it is something like this. it will usually be granted.

I appreciate your post and heartily agree.