Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Surgical Strikes vs. Obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgical Strikes vs. Obamacare

OK, so when our military is involved in an operation, and there is "collateral damage", the liberals scream bloody murder. So launched a whole class of "smart bombs" and missiles, to hit specific targets while doing as little collateral damage as possible.

Why, then, when the liberals take on something like healthcare, does the collateral damage have to be so catastrophic.

This reminds me of the "bread ministry" we had at one Church. They had an old blue van that was constantly breaking down, it had horrible gas mileage, and they used this to collect "day old bread" from the local grocery stores. They would bring the bread to our fellowship hall, and every Tuesday morning, it was "bread day", where people from the community could come in and fight and crawl all over each other to get the best muffins, cakes, pastries, breads, pies, etc.

I had our finance guy do a quick calculation of how much this "ministry" was costing us, and we determined that we could FEDEX a loaf of bread to TEN TIMES as many people as we were "serving", and be way ahead of the game.

What problem has the government "solved" that doesn't entail massive collateral damage?

Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to provide FREE MEDICAL CARE to the poor? Heck, the cost of the WEBSITE ALONE would go along way toward helping poor people.

(deep breath)

Why couldn't the healthcare "solution" be more of a "surgical strike" than a nuclear war?

OK, that's my rant for today.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

AND... what set this off... I was just notified by BCBS that I am now required to have - TWICE A YEAR - a wellness visit to the doctor, including an EKG, blood work, and all the probing and prodding that goes with that.

I'm a perfectly healthy fat guy who religiously goes to the doctor every 10 years. This just makes me so mad I could spit.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

AND... what set this off... I was just notified by BCBS that I am now required to have - TWICE A YEAR - a wellness visit to the doctor, including an EKG, blood work, and all the probing and prodding that goes with that.

I don't think that's Obama's fault, I think you're just old.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
        [/COLOR]
        But we already KNEW that!

Here's part of the quote....
        "Physicians are often confused about how to document and report preventive services provided to their patients. This is particularly true with the ongoing implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This document is designed to assist physicians in documenting, reporting and receiving reimbursement for these preventive services."

Just what I need ---- CONFUSED PHYSICIANS!!!!

Comment

I think the key words here are "receiving reimbursement".

An issue that I have with our own universal health care system is that, although my high bp is under control, and the other issues I have that require prescriptions are under control, I still have to see my doctor every 3 months to get a renewal.

And every time I go to see him, he gets a payment. He could easily let me go for 6 months before having to get a refill, but he doesn't because that means only 2 payments instead of 4 in a year for that particular reason.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            I think the key words here are "receiving reimbursement".

An issue that I have with our own universal health care system is that, although my high bp is under control, and the other issues I have that require prescriptions are under control, I still have to see my doctor every 3 months to get a renewal.

And every time I go to see him, he gets a payment. He could easily let me go for 6 months before having to get a refill, but he doesn't because that means only 2 payments instead of 4 in a year for that particular reason.
            Yeah, Mrs. CP has high blood pressure (probably because of me ) and her doc won't refill without a visit --- but he ALWAYS refills exactly the same.

ETA! MOSS!!!! What the SAM THUNDER COLOR is that you're wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
              [/COLOR]
              It's Obama's fault that he's old

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I have gotten SEVERAL years older just since he's been president! And GRAYER, too! (well, so has Obama)

Comment

Actually I'm pretty sure it's Bush's fault.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

For me it all started with Eisenhower and every president since then has had a hand in it Dang blasted politicians

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For me it all started with Eisenhower and every president since then has had a hand in it Dang blasted politicians
                      Yeah, I don't remember much about Ike, except what I've read, but I do remember watching his funeral procession on our B&W TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, Mrs. CP has high blood pressure (probably because of me ) and her doc won't refill without a visit --- but he ALWAYS refills exactly the same.

ETA! MOSS!!!! What the SAM THUNDER COLOR is that you're wearing?
                        Supposed to be Admin orange, but it hurts my eyes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Supposed to be Admin orange, but it hurts my eyes.

Could be worse, Mossy, you could be dressed in Moderator Grape. :eew:
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Why, then, when the liberals take on something like healthcare, does the collateral damage have to be so catastrophic.
                            First and foremost, it was a conservative idea. The idea was implemented with input from both parties. A "single payer" system was suggested, but was shot down by the conservatives.

Secondly, quite a bit of the "catastrophe" comes from selectively chery-picking the data, rather than looking at the whole picture. Indeed, a number of the "horror stories" have been discovered to be completely false, or grossly distorted--the falsehoods or distortions being politically motivated.

Finally, and this is especially thought-provoking considering the amount of half-truth and lies coming from those who oppose Obamacare, nobody who opposes it has, so far, offered a better alternative.

Could you be getting incomplete, or perhaps even biased, information, and attempting to make a decision on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                              First and foremost, it was a conservative idea.
                              Yes, but it took the liberals to really make it messy.

The idea was implemented with input from both parties. A "single payer" system was suggested, but was shot down by the conservatives.
                              Yes, because the government does SUCH a good job with responsible spending.

Secondly, quite a bit of the "catastrophe" comes from selectively chery-picking the data, rather than looking at the whole picture.
                              You cannot deny that the "launch" was absolutely abysmal. (but I suspect you might, anyway.)

Indeed, a number of the "horror stories" have been discovered to be completely false, or grossly distorted--the falsehoods or distortions being politically motivated.
                              Same for the "successes".

Finally, and this is especially thought-provoking considering the amount of half-truth and lies coming from those who oppose Obamacare, nobody who opposes it has, so far, offered a better alternative.
                              That is more than a half-truth and is a lie, coming from those who support Obamacare.

Could you be getting incomplete, or perhaps even biased, information, and attempting to make a decision on that?
                              I'm dealing with people in my own Church, and family members who are having disastrous experiences - anecdotal as that may be, it's "real life", not politics.

Comment