Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Mormonism and its "Another Jesus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormonism and its "Another Jesus"

2 Cor. 11:

…3But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. 4For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully

This was Paul's warning over 2,000 years ago to the Christian community. There is "another Jesus," and not just one but probably thousands. For instance, take a look at Visarrion who is "another Jesus" from Siberia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

Visarrion, the "another Jesus" of Siberia has followers just as sincere as the Mormons, who also have another Jesus.

The Mormon "another Jesus" is:

1. Not the Incarnate Word of God. He is the first spirit child born of polygamous gods known as heavenly father and his wife/wives (who themselves were once humans on another planet).

2. He is the brother of Satan, the second born son of these polygmous gods. He is also simply the oldest spirit brother of all men.

3. He was born into mortal life when heavenly father came down from his throne on high and impregnated physically the Virgin Mary (no longer a virgin after the encounter), in order to produce a physical body for his first born spirit son, Jesus.

4. He atoned for sin in the Garden of Gethsemane, and finished up the little bit needed for completion on the cross. Mormons do not like the cross.

5. He flew over to the New World, re-preached the Sermon on the Mount and appointed more apostles, three of whom still live (Three Nephites)

5. The Christian Jesus was unable to protect the Church He founded in Israel, lost it totally when all became apostate, and had to wait until the 19th century for Joseph Smith, an occult practitioner, to be born and restore His Church.

6. The Mormon Jesus supposedly appeared to Joseph Smith (an unbaptized, unchurched young occultist) and told him all of Christianity was apostate because our creeds were an abomination and all who profess those creeds are corrupt.

7. Joseph Smith, the Mormon false prophet, said he had done a greater work than either Jesus or Paul.

There is absolutely no difference between Visarrion, the Siberian Jesus and the Mormon Jesus - they are both "another Jesus," and those who follow them have been deluded by the Enemy of Christ.

This is Visarrion. See how he looks just like Jesus?: https://www.google.com/search?q=viss...XKbof1gulKI%3D

Here's a stained glass image of God the Father and Jesus supposedly appearing to Joseph Smith, occultist:

https://www.google.com/search?q=viss...XKbof1gulKI%3D

Both of these are images of "another Jesus." Don't be misled - read the Bible, for there you will find the TRUE Jesus.
    Last edited by Doctrine Matters; 07-24-2015, 10:02 AM.

Knowing what the Bible says is imperative. Those who love Jesus read it often.

You're doing a good job here at Theology Web. I used to post here --- several years ago. I don't know why my join dated is changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
      Knowing what the Bible says is imperative. Those who love Jesus read it often.

You're doing a good job here at Theology Web. I used to post here --- several years ago. I don't know why my join dated is changed.
      Theologyweb suffered a catastrophic server meltdown in 2013, and we lost everything. We relaunched last year.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The second google link goes to the same place. I'm not sure that was intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Theologyweb suffered a catastrophic server meltdown in 2013, and we lost everything. We relaunched last year.

Thanks for the info. I don't remember when I first joined.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            The second google link goes to the same place. I'm not sure that was intentional.
            Here's a link:

https://history.lds.org/article/muse...s?lang=eng#mv0

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
              Thanks for the info. I don't remember when I first joined.
              Glad you're here!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks. Glad to be here --- but I have to take a break at times when my life gets too hectic for me. I see some excellent responses here --- very impressive.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X