Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Zeke365 God Lead Messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeke365 God Lead Messages

Do You ever trouble reading the bible, I'm sure you do. Pastors always say you need to read your bible but its seems to drain you than actually enjoy it. Now I know some of you like the study bibles as well but the best answer I can give to you is find a bible that speaks directly to you. It should not matter what translation it is as long as it speaks directly to you. Read the the bible and see if you will enjoy it if you not gonna enjoy the bible don't read it meaning if your just buying for the sake of buying.
    I'm gonna share a testimony I had 2 years ago. I was slightly reading the NIV bible when I prayed to God that I wanted a bible that read like a novel but was still accurate to His original translation. I don't know how many months after but I was going between The Voice Bible and The Common English Bible. I read Genesis to see if I was going to continue reading it. The Common English bible I like because of some the wording but how the represented Christ in that bible bothered me. So I read the Voice and at the time only the New testament was out. I started reading it was exactly what I was looking for. Now I read a chapter a day every morning in the Voice bible and whats really interesting is that it gives some history and thoughts about each book and spread through out. Plus the The Voice Bible has both the old and new testaments as well. Pray which bible is for you and look for them in Christian book stores and if you find the right one.
    I like to mention also when you have the right bible you can't but help share with the world because you understand the bible so clearly that very true for me when I take the voice bible I will let others read it see what they think spreading the gospel through a bible you love.
    Thought of the day

I don't know about The Voice Bible, but reading a Bible because you like the way it reads/sounds is not an idea I can agree with. After all, one of the big arguments Muslims use to try and promote the Quran is that it sounds good. This is not a good argument. Especially considering the vast differences in what people think sounds good. If we do that with our bibles, then we are going to have even worse doctrinal differences than we have now. We should be looking for translations that are the most accurate reflections of the original languages as possible. This way we can get as close to the theological understanding of those who wrote the various books.

Comment

Don't think so. I will stick with the NASB and the ESV, with notes by John MacArthur.

I am wary of "translations" that come from people who say:

According to Capes, though, “People don’t understand exactly what ‘christ’ means. You ask a lot of Christians and people who read the Bible frequently, they think ‘christ’ is a name. Jesus Christ. Jesus is his first name. Christ is his second name.”
      http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-voice...-of-the-bible/

Christ is not Jesus' second name. It is a title. It means "the anointed one". It is the same as "Messiah".

If the guy who has worked for 7 years on this can't get that right, then I can't trust the rest of it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This doesn't shock me at all, Zeke... it does concern me, though.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Don't think so. I will stick with the NASB and the ESV, with notes by John MacArthur.

I am wary of "translations" that come from people who say:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-voice...-of-the-bible/

Christ is not Jesus' second name. It is a title. It means "the anointed one". It is the same as "Messiah".

If the guy who has worked for 7 years on this can't get that right, then I can't trust the rest of it.
          Um, that's not his view. That's the view of uneducated Christians to which he's referring.

That said, I don't much agree with the premise of the translation.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Um, that's not his view. That's the view of uneducated Christians to which he's referring.

That said, I don't much agree with the premise of the translation.
            Thanks for clarifying. I misread it.

I don't like the premise, either.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by zeke365 View Post
              I'm gonna share a testimony I had 2 years ago.
              That should be 3 years ago by now.

http://www.christiananime.net/viewto...ca6cbd96a38b48
              When I Survey....

Comment

Zeke, is English your native language?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

yes English is my native language but I should let you know

when I said 3 years (technically 5 years ago 011) this is my testimony of finding a bible that I could read.

The second part is I not saying you should abandon any translation just find a translation that speaks directly to you as an individual
                  some are NIV fans and are fed by the Word from that translation
                  some are NLT fans and are fed by the Word from that translation
                  some are The Message Fans and get fed The Word by that

What I m saying is each translation will speak to people differently just like we are all different people and don't receive the God Word the same, so is each Bible translation it speaks to individual differently and God wants to have that relationship with that individual. For me the Voice Bible speaks directly to me and I can't but share it with others not everyone gonna be on board with that and that okay. Hopefully this explains things a little easier

it okay to disagree but I m gonna continue sharing messages The LORD has gives to me.

Comment

yes English is my native language but I should let you know

when I said 3 years (technically 5 years ago 011) this is my testimony of finding a bible that I could read.

The second part is I not saying you should abandon any translation just find a translation that speaks directly to you as an individual
                    some are NIV fans and are fed by the Word from that translation
                    some are NLT fans and are fed by the Word from that translation
                    some are The Message Fans and get fed The Word by that

What I m saying is each translation will speak to people differently just like we are all different people and don't receive the God Word the same, so is each Bible translation it speaks to individual differently and God wants to have that relationship with that individual. For me the Voice Bible speaks directly to me and I can't but share it with others not everyone gonna be on board with that and that okay. Hopefully this explains things a little easier

it okay to disagree but I m gonna continue sharing messages The LORD has gives to me.
                    Zeke, when you say "are fed by the Word from that translation", that's a bit troublesome. Because "what they are fed" is pretty important. For example, if I feed you lies, you're still being "fed", but led in the wrong direction. Joel Osteen "feeds" people the Word all the time, but it's his own version, and is quite misleading. Cult followers are being "fed" that cult's version of "the truth".

It kinda sounds like you're aligned with the "whatever floats your boat" mentality. That's troubling.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now what does the Bible say about finding something that speaks directly to you:

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
                      2 Timothy 4:3-4
                      The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

PLEASE PRAY BEFORE READING THIS SO YOU CAN RECEIVE WITH A CLEAN MIND AND NOT HAVE A CORRUPT MIND!

A couple of weeks ago the Holy spirit gave me a revelation on the true meaning of being a servant. All our life we have been taught to go to church listen to the pastor preach because he the only one that gets incite of the holy spirit (not all pastors are bad and some are walking in their calling.) What about to share is even shocking to me because we have grown up with a corrupt mind thinking the Bible is too hard to understand and that not true..
                        In reality it’s very simple Jesus and Paul did their calling as servants. Now let me explain what a servant is. A servant isn’t necessarily missionary work, but it is your natural gift that is connected to your spiritual gift that helps you reach people to Christ. Your natural talent is something that people think your talented in and that’s how you minster to Christ.

We are to be servants to other as Christ has been to us. In the bible it’s said in Matthew 22:38-39: Jesus (quoting Scripture): 37 “Love the Eternal One your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind.”[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is nearly as important, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

This we should do as Christians. Use your natural gifts to reach others to Christ the more I read the more I’m amazed at the simple message of Christ. We should stop looking at clouds for our answers but as Jesus said in Mark 16: 15-18 said Jesus: 15 Go out into the world and share the good news with all of creation. 16 Anyone who believes this good news and is ceremonially washed[b] will be rescued, but anyone who does not believe it will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: they will be able to cast out demons in My name, speak with new tongues, 18 take up serpents, drink poison without being harmed, and lay their hands on the sick to heal them.”

This how you will reach Christ.

This my thought of the day

Comment

Couple of weeks ago? More like 14 months ago maybe?
                          When I Survey....

Comment

PLEASE PRAY BEFORE READING THIS SO YOU CAN RECEIVE WITH A CLEAN MIND AND NOT HAVE A CORRUPT MIND!

A couple of weeks ago the Holy spirit gave me a revelation on the true meaning of being a servant. All our life we have been taught to go to church listen to the pastor preach because he the only one that gets incite of the holy spirit (not all pastors are bad and some are walking in their calling.) What about to share is even shocking to me because we have grown up with a corrupt mind thinking the Bible is too hard to understand and that not true..
                            In reality it’s very simple Jesus and Paul did their calling as servants. Now let me explain what a servant is. A servant isn’t necessarily missionary work, but it is your natural gift that is connected to your spiritual gift that helps you reach people to Christ. Your natural talent is something that people think your talented in and that’s how you minster to Christ.

We are to be servants to other as Christ has been to us. In the bible it’s said in Matthew 22:38-39: Jesus (quoting Scripture): 37 “Love the Eternal One your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind.”[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is nearly as important, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

This we should do as Christians. Use your natural gifts to reach others to Christ the more I read the more I’m amazed at the simple message of Christ. We should stop looking at clouds for our answers but as Jesus said in Mark 16: 15-18 said Jesus: 15 Go out into the world and share the good news with all of creation. 16 Anyone who believes this good news and is ceremonially washed[b] will be rescued, but anyone who does not believe it will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: they will be able to cast out demons in My name, speak with new tongues, 18 take up serpents, drink poison without being harmed, and lay their hands on the sick to heal them.”

This how you will reach Christ.

This my thought of the day
                            You do know Mark 16:9-20 is not part of the original text, right?
                            The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

A couple of weeks ago...
                              Zeke.... it's a bit disingenuous to lead us to believe this is "new stuff" (a couple of weeks ago) when it's clearly something you've copy/pasted from somewhere else from over a year ago.

So much for "corrupt mind".

How bout a little more honesty on your part?

Comment