Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done as a Pastor - Part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done as a Pastor - Part I

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The update to this....

Jenny is no longer at the bank - she went back to school and got her degree in nursing, and now serves, of all things, as a Hospice Nurse.

She also plays the piano in the Church where I am currently pastoring (she was there first ), and continues to do well. Her husband, Curtiss, left the Sheriff's Office and is now a Sergeant for the City Police.

Comment

Thank you CP.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                Thank you CP.
                Absolutely. A fellow tWebber had PM'd me reminding me of this from before the crash. Perhaps he'll pop in and comment. The original was 3 parts, but, apparently, the new Tweb has tighter word count controls.

Comment

I merged your threads into one. You can make separate posts in one thread if you exceed the word count rather than making several threads

Comment

Thank you for sharing a part of you *hug*

Comment

An absolutely amazing and moving story, dear friend. And a wonderful testamony to God's grace!

Thank you for sharing it with us again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why is it so sad, even when we'll see the person again in Heaven, when a person dies young? Because we still will miss them? I didn't know about this, thank you for sharing.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

It's sad when a person dies old, too.

We are selfish people, and this life is all we know. Heaven is our hope, of course, and we look forward to that with great joy, but it is hard to lose someone we love because we will miss that presence in our lives. We want to keep that person with us here, even though healing for that person may only come through death.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Indeed. So, when we mourn at funerals, it's mourning for us rather than the person who died? Don't know if I phrased that right. Awesome funeral though. Didn't know that they did that for death by natural causes, but I don't know what funerals for police officers looks like.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Indeed. So, when we mourn at funerals, it's mourning for us rather than the person who died?
                              Yes, that -- and for the family of the loved one. Particularly when there are small children who don't understand this.

Don't know if I phrased that right.
                              Ya done fine.

Awesome funeral though. Didn't know that they did that for death by natural causes, but I don't know what funerals for police officers looks like.
                              Cops (and firefighters) are their own brotherhood. I think the Sheriff made the exception because of the fact that Blake did his best to report for duty at every opportunity, even as he was sick as a dog through chemo. He just wouldn't give up. That, and the fact that, as I mentioned, the Sheriff was a cancer survivor -- TWICE, and felt a kinship with Blake.

Comment