Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

First Off, I am Okay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Off, I am Okay.

The Wal-Mart where I work was struck by a tornado about forty five minutes ago. I am at the ER to be checked out. There were injuries, two people were sent by ambulance to the ER.

I was near the door and had to get behind a cooler. I have some minor injuries. My banana comb is DOA. The store has extensive damage. There was a gas leak and fire rescue had not yet been able to get into the damaged sections to check for more seriously injured people.

I don't know any more than that right now. One guy had some bad cuts. I don't know about the other person. I am concerned about something in my eye but I am not badly hurt. I don't know if any other parts of town were struck. I don't know about my house.

Anyway, it could have been worse. Please pray that it isn't any worse than I think it is. And for those who were hurt.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

My eye has a lovely scratch that looks like a half moon, so I am told, but nothing was in it. Yay.

I am beginning to hurt from the pounding I took, I guess. I have a few Cuts and bruises but they are minor.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      My eye has a lovely scratch that looks like a half moon, so I am told, but nothing was in it. Yay.

I am beginning to hurt from the pounding I took, I guess. I have a few Cuts and bruises but they are minor.
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks IC

They gave me a pain killer before I left. The house was fine. Well, as fine ss it gets. I am in bed too tired to sleep.

I will post pics tomorrow.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Hope you are OK and I hope everyone in your work is OK too.
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Comment

Thanks, everyone

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Glad your ok...relatively speaking...I didn't even hear about a tornado last night. It must have happened late?
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I worry, sweet friend. No car and now no job to go to? What needs can we perhaps help with?
                    sigpic
                    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I think it was 10:40 or 10:45, LJ.

Let me get back to you, JP. I am still too sleepy.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Source: Suspected Tornado in Troy, Alabama, Tears Through Wal-Mart

A suspected tornado tore through a Wal-Mart and a neighboring sports outlet in Troy, Alabama, flipping trucks and tractor-trailers in the parking lot and injuring at least five people late Thursday.

"What seemed to be a tornado-like storm damaged the Wal-Mart in Troy structurally," Mayor Jason Reeves told NBC News. "It flipped multiple trucks and tractor trailers in the parking lot, and damaged a strip-mall structure near the Wal-Mart. There is also water damage in the area from damage to a water main."

0000000000wi.jpg

Two of those injured were inside the store when the storm struck while a third was in a truck that was overturned, he said. A total of three people were taken to a local hospital, Reeves added.

Walmart employee Sarah Brookins told the Troy Messenger that said the storm had caught everyone by surprise.

"We heard a loud noise," she said. "All of a sudden the wind was blowing in the store. We saw dust blowing through the door."

0000000000at.jpg
                            Josh Johnson ‏
                            @JoshWeather
                            Hibbett Sports in Troy had substantial damage
                            from a likely tornado just before 11pm..pic from @Doug_WSFA #alwx

The storm first hit in the the home and pharmacy departments of Wal-Mart and moved to the other end of the structure, Brookins added.

0000000000at2.jpg
                            Justin Abraham
                            @jjabraham
                            Hook echo on radar near Troy, AL RT @NBCNews: Suspected tornado tears through
                            Alabama Walmart http://nbcnews.to/1HuUhUV

At 10:32 p.m. (11:32 p.m. ET), the National Weather Service warned of possible flash flooding and "frequent cloud to ground lightning" accompanying the storm.

"Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways," the Weather Service instructed. "Seek a safe shelter inside a building or vehicle."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The story also includes a 47 second video embedded in it which seems to mostly concentrate on the damage to Hibbett Sports

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment