Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tethering: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tethering: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

I read up on this today. Yes, I occasionally look things up before bugging you guys with inane questions. Anyway, I don't get why I would want to use Wi-Fi through my phone on my Wi-Fi capable laptop. Bluetooth, because it doesn't have as good a reception as the phone, makes sense.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I read up on this today. Yes, I occasionally look things up before bugging you guys with inane questions. Anyway, I don't get why I would want to use Wi-Fi through my phone on my Wi-Fi capable laptop. Bluetooth, because it doesn't have as good a reception as the phone, makes sense.
    The problem with Bluetooth is that it uses up too much energy on the phone, and not every device is blue tooth capable( the HORROR). Nowdays, wifi is more common (and can even be seen on "dumb" phones).
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a data plan for the laptop?

Oh, and thanks!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment