Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Unrelated Title! Film at Eleven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrelated Title! Film at Eleven!

So, I am thinking of writing a horror script as soon as my novel is done.

Ideas so far:

1)

Drat, I forgot it already...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

This is not a good start.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Strikingly similar to how I started my novel.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Yeah, and what's worse is I actually had an idea I liked but it went right out the window.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Strikingly similar to how I started my novel.
          I think she should spend a night in a spooky house or abandoned asylum to get some inspiration.
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

I already survived a tornado this month. That's all for me, thanks, I'm driving...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              I already survived a tornado this month. That's all for me, thanks, I'm driving...
              I'm so happy that you are okay. I know that must have been scary . You can use that for inspiration. Write a short story about a ghost tornado or something. In fact, I would watch a movie about that. Twister meets The Amityville Horror.

Comment

Thanks.

Okay, so I remembered part. Like I said in the other thread, it's Ben with cats meets Drak Pack (yeah, yeah, just look it up already... ) and A Team. Just beginning the concept so I haven't decided a lot. Mutant/alien/monster/some combination of the above cats save the world. I know, doesn't sound like a horror plot yet but that's just because I decided to make the unnatural creatures the protagonists - I can't recall a horror movie I'd seen or read about where unnatural didn't equal psychotic/evil. Drak Pack is the obvious exception but it's a Saturday Morning cartoon comedy so no, not really.

Working out the antagonist now. I think I'll do development in my blog. I'm about two chapters from finishing the novella. I may post outlines and such - or not - before then. Haven't decided yet.

Oh yeah, the scary part - aside from the fact that I'm writing it - well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

Yeah, you guessed it - still working on that, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I am thinking of starting with a confluence of events both well intentioned and not so well intentioned.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Yeah, and what's worse is I actually had an idea I liked but it went right out the window.

could it be about some tornado aliens that steal memories???

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      could it be about some tornado aliens that steal memories???

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X