Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Seminary Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminary Update

School for me starts Monday!

I've just about moved into my apartment, a nice little one bedroom, all bills paid, juuuuuust off campus. Close enough to walk and not have to buy a $500 parking sticker. Been in the moving process since Thursday. Orientation starts Wednesday night.

Oh and my job let me stay on a seasonal.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

God is good!

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Fantasmical!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm so proud of my sweetie
        אָמַר לוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ: אֲנִי הַדֶּרֶךְ וְהָאֱמֶת וְהַחַיִּים. אֵין אִישׁ בָּא אֶל הָאָב אֶלָּא דַּרְכִּי
        "Yeshua said, 'I AM the Way — and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through me'" - Yochanan 14:6
        כֻּלָּ֨נוּ֙ כַּצֹּ֣אן תָּעִ֔ינוּ אִ֥ישׁ לְדַרְכֹּ֖ו פָּנִ֑ינוּ וַֽיהוָה֙ הִפְגִּ֣יעַ בֹּ֔ו אֵ֖ת עֲוֹ֥ן כֻּלָּֽנוּ
        "We all, like sheep, went astray; we turned, each one, to his own way; yet HASHEM laid on him the guilt of all of us" - Yesha'yahu 53:6

Comment

11863362_964776246876929_742610375815466561_n.jpg

First night of orientation. Bright and early tomorrow.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8873[/ATTACH]

First night of orientation. Bright and early tomorrow.
            I loves it!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

11920462_965177430170144_1928686785_n.jpg

Second orientation. Two sets of Bibles were donated to the seminary so we got one of each today.

Also it was my birthday.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]8888[/ATTACH]

Second orientation. Two sets of Bibles were donated to the seminary so we got one of each today.

Also it was my birthday.
                  Happy Birthday Bible Day!

Comment

Happy B-day!

Now, crack open those books!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay some updates. Last weekend right before starting class I got seriously ill on my stomach and when it didn't much abate, I checked into the ER on Wednesday, missing my first theology class. They ran some tests and said my body was starting to break down muscle and starve itself. They gave me a prescription for a strong antacid (I think that's what it is; I take it once a day for 10 days) and an anti-nausea to be taken as needed until I can see a gastrointestinal doctor at the end of September to see if some sort of bacteria is what caused my stomach inflammation. The good news is I am feeling much better and have been able to eat and am slowly working my diet back to normal (currently drinking coffee for the first time in a week, but still not ready for spicy food). The bad news is since I've been so sick, I had to put some household chores as well as my job search on hold. Right now my mom (who came down to take me to the hospital last week) says my part-time job is just getting well, so I probably won't end up looking for work until after I see the doc, but I'm glad I have parents who support me so much. I really don't *need* a job right now. I did take out loans this semester and the extra that didn't go to my tuition went into my bank account and that plus what I saved up from my job back home should keep me fine on groceries. My parents pay my rent (my mom drops it into my account and I pay it so I have some sort of credit record). But I would like to start working so I can wean off the loans next semester. I've met with the financial wellness counselor here and she and I talked about a course of action. Once I switch my degree program, I should be able to start getting the auto scholarship. I even visited a Baptist church this weekend and if I decide to get involved, I'll get a 70% scholarship, which is a huge help. I rather liked the sermon and some of the seminary faculty and students already attend there, so that is looking up. I also logged on to the scholarship page to maybe see about early application. I wasn't eligible for a lot of them before because I attended a Methodist church, and some of them require you to already have hours in seminary, but now I might be eligible for more. So it's been a lot of ups and downs this week, but I'm getting better.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

yes. take care of yourself first!

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Seminary is going well. I like all my professors and even though I already know a great deal, I'm learning some interesting things. I'm in all 3 intro classes that are offered: intro to Christian history, intro to Scriptures, and intro to theology.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm already looking to what I'm going to be taking next semester and there's a class being offered on evangelism in a post-Christian society. The cool thing about this class is that it includes a spring break trip to London where they will visit and interact with evangelists and other church workers there to help get some perspective and ideas on Western evangelism. I really, really want to be selected for this class since I have a big interest in maybe one day living in France for a period of time, possibly as a missionary. The professor is only going to select a max of 12 people to take and there were a few more than 12 interested in the class. One is his assistant who will certainly be going, so spots are very limited. I'm going to submit my application this week and I'd appreciate prayers for this.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment