Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Fear the Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear the Walking Dead

Anyone watch this yet? What did you think?

It is about the beginning of the zombie apocalypse from the Walking Dead. It takes place in LA.

What I want to know is how can you tell the zombies from the homeless drug addicts stumbling down the street?

Preview:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It is about the beginning of the zombie apocalypse from the Walking Dead. It takes place in LA.

What I want to know is how can you tell the zombies from the homeless drug addicts stumbling down the street?
    Don't you know? The homeless walking down the street is the zombie apocalypse.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

The Walking Dead kind of bores me, so I don't know if I'll watch this or not.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I have a bit of a phobia of zombies so I don't think I'll be watching it. Zombies kind of freak me out. It's the idea of my dead unconscious body moving around by itself looking for people to eat that just gives me the heebie jeebies.
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          The Walking Dead kind of bores me, so I don't know if I'll watch this or not.
          well since you are in Montana, you never have to worry about the ZA, since there are only three people in the whole state.

Comment

well since you are in Montana, you never have to worry about the ZA, since there are only three people in the whole state.
            There's also plenty of guns and ammo, so yeah we're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              There's also plenty of guns and ammo, so yeah we're good.
              Yeah which makes the Walking Dead a bit unrealistic because everyone in Georgia has guns too. They would have run around in their pickups yeehawing and shooting zombies left and right.

And in the show they are constantly looking for guns and ammo. Heck they should just be able to walk into any house and pick up an arsenal.

Comment

Yeah which makes the Walking Dead a bit unrealistic because everyone in Georgia has guns too. They would have run around in their pickups yeehawing and shooting zombies left and right.

And in the show they are constantly looking for guns and ammo. Heck they should just be able to walk into any house and pick up an arsenal.
                I live in a city in Georgia where gun ownership has been mandatory for decades. For some odd reason we have a very low crime rate

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                  I have a bit of a phobia of zombies so I don't think I'll be watching it. Zombies kind of freak me out. It's the idea of my dead unconscious body moving around by itself looking for people to eat that just gives me the heebie jeebies.
                  That's exactly why we watch zombie films.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    That's exactly why we watch zombie films.
                    Zombies have been done to death. Or undeath.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've only seen the first episode. So far, I like Walking Dead better.

Although I DO like Cliff Curtis........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't mind the slow build, and I'll probably continue watching it (as I do the original series), but I'm a bit tired of these aimless tv shows where they throw something on, and then seem to decide what to do next with the characters week by week. I'd rather they have their 5+ seasons already predetermined, knowing exactly who's going to die, and when, and how the show is going to resolve itself.

So far I thought this first episode was pretty decent, though I thought it was a bit redundant, and they could have cut some stuff out in order to give us a bit more.
                        Spoilers (click to see)

I'm also not really sure what the benefit of this show is. The original series has been dragging ever since they kicked Frank Darabont out of the show-runner chair (or ever since he quit), and AMC has made it very clear that they're more concerned with staying within budget than they are plot. Also, I get the feeling that they have absolutely no desire telling us how the zombie plague broke out (though Darabont hinted at it in season 1 of the original series), and nor do they seem to have any desire for finding a resolution.

One of the recurring themes about the zombie genre, going all the way back to Night of the Living Dead, is that zombies are not the monsters, mankind is, but I truly think that premise has been completely played out over the last 45 years. I want my zombies to be scary again, and that hasn't been true of the Walking Dead series for awhile, and I'm not really looking forward to more in this new series. Give us mutant zombies. Give us running zombies. Give us something more than people fighting one another with the occasional slight zombie annoyance.

I have The Strain and Hannibal to watch while they figure out what they're doing with zombies, but Hannibal is getting cancelled and, as much as I love the concept, The Strain comes with a number of its own major flaws. At least they have some idea where they're taking the story though.
                        Last edited by Adrift; 08-25-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          I don't mind the slow build, and I'll probably continue watching it (as I do the original series), but I'm a bit tired of these aimless tv shows where they throw something on, and then seem to decide what to do next with the characters week by week. I'd rather they have their 5+ seasons already predetermined, knowing exactly who's going to die, and when, and how the show is going to resolve itself.

So far I thought this first episode was pretty decent, though I thought it was a bit redundant, and they could have cut some stuff out in order to give us a bit more.
                          Spoilers (click to see)

I'm also not really sure what the benefit of this show is. The original series has been dragging ever since they kicked Frank Darabont out of the show-runner chair (or ever since he quit), and AMC has made it very clear that they're more concerned with staying within budget than they are plot. Also, I get the feeling that they have absolutely no desire telling us how the zombie plague broke out (though Darabont hinted at it in season 1 of the original series), and nor do they seem to have any desire for finding a resolution.

One of the recurring themes about the zombie genre, going all the way back to Night of the Living Dead, is that zombies are not the monsters, mankind is, but I truly think that premise has been completely played out over the last 45 years. I want my zombies to be scary again, and that hasn't been true of the Walking Dead series for awhile, and I'm not really looking forward to more in this new series. Give us mutant zombies. Give us running zombies. Give us something more than people fighting one another with the occasional slight zombie annoyance.

I have The Strain and Hannibal to watch while they figure out what they're doing with zombies, but Hannibal is getting cancelled and, as much as I love the concept, The Strain comes with a number of its own major flaws. At least they have some idea where they're taking the story though.
                          Would be neat if Resident Evil got a tv series. They have way more than just zombies there.

I hope that the Resident Evil Remake goes on sale on Steam relatively soon, I would love to play through that one again in high def. Especially with the Crimson Heads and Hunters to watch out for. Yawn was pretty freaky too.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Zombies have been done to death. Or undeath.
                            True. We need a really good new werewolf series. Actually, I'd be thrilled with something completely different. Something that hasn't ever been done before. Or, I'd settle for a Cthulhu Mythos tv series. Yeah, give me an HBO Cthulhu Mythos tv series on the scale of something like Game of Thrones and I'd be a very happy horror fan.

Comment

Well, there is the new Evil Dead show coming out this fall.

Comment