Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hi new around here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new around here

Hello not sure why I joined other than a certain some one piqued my interested.

And I'll probably proceed to piss that person off.

Any how Hello to all!

Welcome!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Welcome to my nightmare Theologyweb!
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

HMMMMM I feel like I'm not welcome to participate in much of this forum. I see lots of theists only.

Comment

Originally posted by theatricalA View Post
          HMMMMM I feel like I'm not welcome to participate in much of this forum. I see lots of theists only.
          It's mostly just the Systematic Theology sub-forums, plus I think one or two more (ETA: Oops, I forgot about World Religions... at least I think that's still restricted). The rest of the forum is free game, including a section for Atheists/Agnostics only.
          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 08-30-2015, 06:08 PM.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Welcome to the sanitarium.
            "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

And BTW, enjoy our time here.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Hello not sure why I joined other than a certain some one piqued my interested.

And I'll probably proceed to piss that person off.

Any how Hello to all!
                This is about me, isn't it?

I'll try to behave.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, I think if you want to participate in a civil manner (looking like you do ) you can always PM the thread starter and ask for permission to post in their thread.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    This is about me, isn't it?

I'll try to behave.

Give it to us straight Cow Poke, you are starting a cult aren't you?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                      In my cult, we believe in drinking blood, eating flesh, and dead people coming back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        In my cult, we believe in drinking blood, eating flesh, and dead people coming back to life.
                        Sounds great just as long as there are no ceremonies where bovines get prodded

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Sounds great just as long as there are no ceremonies where bovines get prodded
                          Not ceremonially.

Comment

Hi welcome to the Looney Bin. Where the in mates are in charge!!!
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Welcome aboard!

There are relatively few theist only areas which exist for internal discussions where the existence of God is not in question. If you have a theological topic you can post it in another fora. If the topic really belongs in a theist only fora, you can pm the fora mod and request permission.

It is case by case but it is sometimes granted.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X