PDA

View Full Version : Need Proofreaders, Too

Teallaura
09-05-2015, 10:21 PM
My project isn't started and won't be terribly long but I need to get it done and I don't feel well enough to trust my work. I am going to set up a Gofundme page and will have to do the writing for that. Anyone wanna make sure I am coherent and spell correctly?

:smile: Thanks in advance.

LostSheep
09-05-2015, 10:23 PM
I'll help Teal

Rational Gaze
09-05-2015, 11:05 PM
You can self-publish on Amazon for free.

Teallaura
09-06-2015, 12:01 AM
? Oh, I get it. No, l meant the write up. ''Hi, I'm me and I need help..'

But that is good to know, RG.

Sparko
09-06-2015, 02:49 AM
What? Your cats can't read?

Teallaura
09-06-2015, 04:54 AM
They mainly read Shakespeare and Rex Stout but while they can read Chaucer they can't proofread.

I tried the squirrels once but they wanted to add 'ki' to every other word.

rogue06
09-06-2015, 09:13 AM
What? Your cats can't read?
Not sure if they can read but they write over half her posts. Generally when she's in bed sleeping.

Teallaura
09-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Not sure if they can read but they write over half her posts. Generally when she's in bed sleeping.

This from the guy who has a ditzy squirrel do all his typing.

rogue06
09-06-2015, 05:26 PM
This from the guy who has a ditzy squirrel do all his typing.
Only about a fifth. And nothing I don't dictate.

And it really isn't nice calling Mrs. Bfttikiixta-kiktasht-ti "ditzy." She's a sweet elderly squirrel who bakes a delicious apple nut cobbler :brood:

ETA: Great. I thought she was out on her lunch break when I decided to respond but she came back early and saw what you said about her. I hope you are proud of yourself little Miss Meanie Pants. She is crushed (she is a very sensitive soul who has never said a cross word about anyone and can not understand how someone who has never met her can say such hateful things).

Fortunately Squirrel Girl is dropping by around 2 to check on how her squirrels are doing in their Ninja Squirrel Assassin training so I suggested that Mrs. B give her a tour of the facility. That seems to have cheered her up a bit. At least she's no longer sobbing (nothing sadder than hearing a squirrel sobbing).

Teallaura
09-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Oh, so you haven't told her about Tikiki, your new - as in has been there nearly a year - clerk typist. And sweet as she is she did put unicorn stamps all over the bright pink paper she used for last months invoices.

For shame, you promised to tell Mrs B three months ago!

rogue06
09-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Oh, so you haven't told her about Tikiki, your new - as in has been there nearly a year - clerk typist. And sweet as she is she did put unicorn stamps all over the bright pink paper she used for last months invoices.

For shame, you promised to tell Mrs B three months ago!
For shame indeed. Compounding your nasty hurtful insults with fibs. I would never dream of replacing Mrs. B. She isn't as spry as she once was but she is still incredibly efficient. :no:

Teallaura
09-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Still haven't got the guts to admit to her that you hired her an assistant, huh?

:brood:

kiwimac
09-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Happy to help if you need it.

Irate Canadian
09-07-2015, 11:16 PM
:hi:

Teallaura
09-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys. I plan to work on it tomorrow.

Teallaura
09-28-2015, 02:03 AM
Okay, so I'm a bit behind... Okay a LOT behind... :sigh:

A Fresh Start

As many of my friends know, I was out of work for eight months and when I did find work, it was only part time. I am still looking for better employment and taking as many hours as I can with my current job.

However, I had no savings and was denied unemployment despite appeal. I'm so grateful to all those who helped me through the unemployment but all those months without a steady income took a toll. I've lost my car. I'm losing the house I rent and probably everything remaining in storage. I need to file bankruptcy to deal with the debts i cannot repay. Basically, I've lost the life I'd worked so hard to build over the course of an eighteen year career.

My present income isn't enough to meet current expenses and buy a car, let alone find a new home, or file bankruptcy to protect those things if I somehow manage to get them. That's why I'm here - I need to raise money to accomplish those three things as quickly as possible.

In presumed order:

Bankruptcy: $1735
On the bright side, it stops the hemorrhaging and allows me to start rebuilding. It's not what I want to do but it is what I have to do, even if it isn't cheap.

Car: $1000 - $2000
I can't take on payments so I need to buy something that runs and will get me to where I need to go. It doesn't need to be pretty, just dependable.

Housing: $1000 - $2000
Down payment, moving and enough of an advance to make splitting the payment between paychecks feasible.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you for your concern. God bless!

:sigh: Well, it's a first draft, anyway....

Teallaura
09-28-2015, 08:08 PM
:bump:

Irate Canadian
09-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Okay, so I'm a bit behind... Okay a LOT behind... :sigh:

A Fresh Start

As many of my friends know, I was out of work for eight months and when I did find work, it was only part time. I am still looking for better employment and taking as many hours as I can with my current job.

However, I had no savings and was denied unemployment despite appeal. I'm so grateful to all those who helped me through the unemployment but all those months without a steady income took a toll. I've lost my car. I'm losing the house I rent and probably everything remaining in storage. I need to file bankruptcy to deal with the debts i cannot repay. Basically, I've lost the life I'd worked so hard to build over the course of an eighteen year career.

My present income isn't enough to meet current expenses and buy a car, let alone find a new home, or file bankruptcy to protect those things if I somehow manage to get them. That's why I'm here - I need to raise money to accomplish those three things as quickly as possible.

In presumed order:

Bankruptcy: $1735
On the bright side, it stops the hemorrhaging and allows me to start rebuilding. It's not what I want to do but it is what I have to do, even if it isn't cheap.

Car: $1000 - $2000
I can't take on payments so I need to buy something that runs and will get me to where I need to go. It doesn't need to be pretty, just dependable.

Housing: $1000 - $2000
Down payment, moving and enough of an advance to make splitting the payment between paychecks feasible.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you for your concern. God bless!

:sigh: Well, it's a first draft, anyway....
Seems fine to me.

LostSheep
09-28-2015, 09:05 PM
It sounds fine to me too, Teal

Teallaura
09-30-2015, 02:44 AM
Thanks, guys.

:hug:

So, I do'ed it. :uneasy: