Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Blood Donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Donation

Do you donate?

I used to quite regularly, til I did some mission trips to Haiti. Back then, having been to Haiti eliminated you from eligibility to donate due to the AIDS crisis.

Since then, I guess I just totally forgot about it. I'm no longer ineligible, so I'll probably be arranging a blood drive at our Church - they'll bring their bloodmobile, and if I remember correctly, our Church will receive "credits" of units of blood if any of our members subsequently need blood.

I do know that I used to actually feel better after donating.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I used to but I can't absorb iron anymore so I can't donate.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Do you donate?

I used to quite regularly, til I did some mission trips to Haiti. Back then, having been to Haiti eliminated you from eligibility to donate due to the AIDS crisis.

Since then, I guess I just totally forgot about it. I'm no longer ineligible, so I'll probably be arranging a blood drive at our Church - they'll bring their bloodmobile, and if I remember correctly, our Church will receive "credits" of units of blood if any of our members subsequently need blood.

I do know that I used to actually feel better after donating.
      Same here. I donated once or twice because my blood type is relatively uncommon but I was in Haiti for a short "visit" and because that was still considered a hot spot for AIDS back then... And like you I kinda forgot about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I used to hear about blood drives, and see bloodmobiles, a lot.... is there some reason these are not needed as much anymore? It just doesn't seem this is as big a deal as it used to be. Somewhere, I still have my "gallon" coffee mug.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you aren't seeing them its because no one is sponsoring them. Call the Red Cross or Lifeline and schedule one!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I used to give blood, but would feel so faint every time that I had to quit.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I donate plasma pretty regularly...think I've donated blood once or twice.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'd donate plasma if the doc said it was okay and there were a donation center close by.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Over the years I gave 10 gallons. I have not donated in a long while. I do now when I run across a mobile unit. I do not go into the city if I can avoid it.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I used to donate regularly since I have a rare blood type (B Negative) - but now I can't because of my condition. I liked donating, and the Red Cross has donation drives here in my office building every few months.

Comment

I used to, but since my first surgery on my wrist, they haven't allowed me to (because I'm on pain meds). Hopefully this next surgery fixes everything and in about 6 months I can donate again.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm not able to donate blood yet, however on my death, various organs can be harvested to give to others.
                          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            I'm not able to donate blood yet, however on my death, various organs can be harvested to give to others.
                            Maybe you could donate your brain to jimL!

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                              Me, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X