Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

I've been on a completionist spree recently. In the past few months I have played and completed every Lego game I own that I had not yet started. I now only have Lego Rock Band left to do, not including the two that have yet to be released. I played and got all the achievements for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, which is essentially CoD: Middle Ages. Pretty fun, but was multiplayer only. I also played two oldies: King Kong, and Lost: Via Domus. King Kong is still pretty good, despite being released in 2005. Some great game play concepts and ideas, with variation in gameplay. Lost: Via Domus wasn't too terrible, but was very, very short, and had little to do with the actual TV series. I completed C&C 3: Tiberium Wars, C&C 3: Kane's Wrath, and C&C: Red Alert 3 on the Xbox 360, which held up well despite RTS' generally not being made for consoles. I completed Far Cry 2, which was an excellent open-world FPS, with a great story. I also finally got all the achievements for Lost Planet 2, which was no small feat considering all the hoops you have to jump through.

More recently, I recently completed the first F.E.A.R. game, which was a pretty interesting horror FPS that reminded me of Half-Life 2 and Quake 4, and am currently playing F.E.A.R. Files, which contains the two expansion campaigns to the first F.E.A.R. game: Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate (which, for whatever reason, were later declared 'non-canon.') I have nearly gotten all of the multiplayer achievements in F.E.A.R. 2 done. Just 100,000xp shy of reaching four star general rank, then I can knock out the single player when I'm done with F.E.A.R. Files.
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Warframe mostly, though a few recent titles would be Shanyae:Risky's Revenge, Freedom Planet, DCUO, Zombie Party(an indie game made by an acquaintance), and Trine.

ETA: I forgot Letter Quest Remastered.

Comment

I remember FEAR being the first real M rated game I've played as a kid, especially when it came to the level of blood, gore and coarse language it had.

Lately I've been playing the Viking Conquest DLC for Mount and Blade: Warband, though I'm thinking of moving onto something else. Payday 2 and some DayZ as well.

I might get into Skyrim again, but its way too frustrating trying to get all the mods, patches and fixes to work together.

Comment

I just got into Skyrim again in my free-time. It is mostly because of Fallout 4 coming out soon. Finding the mods aren't too bad. Just use the steam workshop and browse the mod collections. The game has been out so long that the most popular mods are well done and you would be hard-pressed to not have the information in the mod to show you what is not compatible with what. I think I have ~60 mods going ATM...

Comment

I mostly play CS:GO. I have a large amount of games in my backlog that I need to go through at some point though.

I used to play Skyrim as well, but I think I spent more time downloading, installing and trying to get mods to play nice with eachother rather than actually playing the game proper. I might pick it up again at some later point in time, seeing as I haven't actually finished the dang game.
          Last edited by JonathanL; 09-08-2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I started Witcher 3 and do intend to go back to it...sometime.

But for now I'm pretty much just a Smite player. I recently got a mastery level on every character in the game.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I only use mods in Minecraft. Which reminds me, at some point, I need to get the mod(s) that adds anti-matter, red matter, particle accelerators, fission and fusion reactors, and inter-continental ballistic missiles.
              My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Rocksmith. It's a really sweet game that teaches you how to play a real guitar or bass:

(that isn't me, just showing how it looks)

Which, reminds me, I need to start getting into it again. I go through phases.

Also I like to occasionally play BF4. I started playing CS:GO for the first time the other day. Pretty fun. I used to play CS 1.4, 1.6, and Source back in the day. Looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront, and Fallout 4 looks like it might be some fun.

Problem is, I can't commit much time to playing games. I go through occasional binges and then feel guilty for not getting anything constructive done, and then I get burnt out and don't play for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Rocksmith. It's a really sweet game that teaches you how to play a real guitar or bass:
                  In other words, Synthesia for guitar/bass?

Comment

Currently...

-League of Legends (Mostly I just fool around in practice games with a friend these days.)
                    -Donkey Kong Country 2 (Cleared DKC3 recently with 103% completion, so I figured I might as well complete this one as well)
                    -Tomb Raider (Roommate gave me his Xbox 360 Version, since he already has it for PS4. Haven't started yet, but I plan to)
                    -Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Yeah, I likes it. A lot.)
                    -Double Dragon Neon (Good old fashioned Beat-Em-Up. Controls are a little clunky at first, but once you get the hang of it, the game is a cake-walk).

... And when it comes out, I will be constantly playing Super Mario Maker
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      In other words, Synthesia for guitar/bass?
                      Pretty much, yeah.

Comment

I actually got Batman: Arkham Knight recently since I was able to get it for £35. So I'm still going through that. Decided to get all the Riddler trophies before I continue with the rest of the Riddler side mission since I know that I'll need to get them all anyway before I can complete it.
                        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by ShrimpMaster View Post
                          I just got into Skyrim again in my free-time. It is mostly because of Fallout 4 coming out soon. Finding the mods aren't too bad. Just use the steam workshop and browse the mod collections. The game has been out so long that the most popular mods are well done and you would be hard-pressed to not have the information in the mod to show you what is not compatible with what. I think I have ~60 mods going ATM...
                          I've used some mods for Skyrim as well so I can always point a few out. I downloaded a mod to allow me to marry Serana since my character is also a vampire. I also got some other mods for graphics, lighting, etc, as well.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            Currently...

-League of Legends (Mostly I just fool around in practice games with a friend these days.)
                            -Donkey Kong Country 2 (Cleared DKC3 recently with 103% completion, so I figured I might as well complete this one as well)
                            -Tomb Raider (Roommate gave me his Xbox 360 Version, since he already has it for PS4. Haven't started yet, but I plan to)
                            -Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Yeah, I likes it. A lot.)
                            -Double Dragon Neon
                            (Good old fashioned Beat-Em-Up. Controls are a little clunky at first, but once you get the hang of it, the game is a cake-walk).

... And when it comes out, I will be constantly playing Super Mario Maker
                            I have both of those, we should try and set up a time to try and play them for a bit.

Comment

I decided yesterday to resume my playthough of Dark Souls 1. Turns out I never had DSFix fully installed and I can now enjoy the game in 60 FPS and high resolution textures. What a game changer!

Now if only someone retextured the enemies, armors and bosses.

***Spoiler: Highlight the text below***

Right now I am collecting the Lord Souls for Frampt. Nito and the Witch are dead, leaving Gwyn and Four Kings left. Joined the Sun Bro covenant, the only legitimate covenant \[T]/.

Still have to do the entire Artorias questline.
                              Last edited by Knowing Thomas; 09-09-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment