Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/17/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/17/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    “God, I’m ready. Do it your way.”

“…They arrived there with lanterns and torches and swords. Jesus, knowing by now everything that was coming down on him, went out and met them. He said, “Who are you after?” They answered, “Jesus the Nazarene.” He said, “That’s me.” The soldiers recoiled, totally taken aback. Judas, his betrayer, stood out like a sore thumb. Jesus asked again, “Who are you after?” They answered, “Jesus the Nazarene.” “I told you,” said Jesus, “that’s me. I’m the one. So if it’s me you’re after, let these others go.” (John 18:3–8, The Message)

Jesus never detoured around a storm he always met them head on. Even with the most terrible storm of his life coming for him he “went out and met them.” On the surface it seems as if Jesus had surrendered his life to the soldiers yet you and I know different. We know Jesus surrendered himself in Gethsemane, “…My Father, if there is no other way than this, drinking this cup to the dregs, I’m ready. Do it your way.” (Matthew 26:42, The Message)

I believe Jesus really didn’t need to add those words to his prayer I believe he already was aware of terrible things that would happen to him. I believe he vocalized those words and John put them to print for us to help build up our faith in God. In my imagination I can see Jesus standing up from kneeling looking at me and saying, “See, if I can do this so can you because the Holy Spirit will always be with you.”

On the morning of the third of November “they” came for me. “They” didn’t have lanterns, torches, and swords instead “they” came with a crushing feeling in my chest. I remember sitting down and asking God to take away my pain. And when it didn’t go away faith accumulated from past experiences reassured me God would be taking care of me his own way. And he did! He didn’t take the pain away, but it’s gone. He didn’t take away the anxiety I experienced those couple of days, but it’s gone. And while that is my story I am certain “they” have come for you as well and I am 100% certain that God took care of you his own way as well, didn’t he.

It is my belief in the garden the night of his arrest the Love God had for his Son transformed the ugliness of what Jesus would face into something of great beauty. It is also my belief the Holy Spirit can and does turn the ugly moments of our lives into experiences of beauty as well.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—” (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X