Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Decisions, Decisions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions...

I need to decide quickly how I am going to go about getting a car. I'm probably able to do so this week (PRAISE GOD!!!!! - And my heartfelt gratitude to all those who have helped me) but there are a couple of different options and I'm getting anxious about the decision. I don't want to make a mistake I will really regret but I can't be so concerned that I don't do anything at all.

I need guidance, good judgment and the wisdom to chose wisely as well as calm down and quit being an idiot (that last one is a tall order for anyone but God!).

But, I am making progress!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Do NOT get this one...

laferrari-thumb-360.jpg

There isn't enough room for your cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Do NOT get this one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10380[/ATTACH]

There isn't enough room for your cats.
      Using that criteria even a semi hauling two trailers wouldn't do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Using that criteria even a semi hauling two trailers wouldn't do.
        Well there is this one...

catcar1.jpg

Where she could carry about 1% of her cats with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well there is this one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10381[/ATTACH]

Where she could carry about 0.1% of her indoor only cats with her.
          FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What are the options?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Whatever you decide, take a mechanic with you.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Sparky: No problem.

Rogue:

Sparky and Rogue:

Zym: 1) Buy outright. I prefer this one but it means going very low price and the question of reliability becomes open. 2) finance - I'd still be buying low price but not that low. But that means a payment on a low income - not my idea of a great plan but beats no car at all. 3) finance with dealer specializing in high risk financing. Er,

DB: Not an option - I live too far away from any of my cousins who could do that for me.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Sparky: No problem.

Rogue:

Sparky and Rogue:

Zym: 1) Buy outright. I prefer this one but it means going very low price and the question of reliability becomes open. 2) finance - I'd still be buying low price but not that low. But that means a payment on a low income - not my idea of a great plan but beats no car at all. 3) finance with dealer specializing in high risk financing. Er,

DB: Not an option - I live too far away from any of my cousins who could do that for me.
                  Is there anyone at church you could ask for help?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Is there anyone at church you could ask for help?

Not at the moment, no.

I am not overly worried about that part because I'm no stranger to the world of 'keeping the car running' and I have enough knowledge to know when to be suspicious about repair costs (I do have one cousin close enough to ask if need be). Don't get me wrong, it's not a non-issue but it's not gonna keep me up at night.

Manga might, but that won't.

Kidding...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Personally, I haven't bought a car on credit in....15+ years. I bought an old Suburban that had 202k miles on it. I'm still driving it. It has 396K on it now. I've had to have the transmission rebuilt but, the cost was MUCH less than a car payment. ($1100) I know it a tall order, but if you can find a car that has all the maintenance records, when the oil was changed, brakes repaired/replaced, etc, then you can feel pretty good about the purchase. My suburban came with two FULL manila folders. In fact, when the fuel pump went out, I found it had been replaced before with a lifetime warranty. I was able to get it replaced for free! And, if you can be diligent and save at least some of what your monthly pmt would have been, then repairs are easily taken car of.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Are there any particular cars you're looking at?
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I hear that diesel VW's are probably going cheap at the moment.

(I like VW.....owned two VW Jetta's in the past and would consider getting another one when next I'm in the car market)
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Buy outright if you can, and get a manual. THe most expensive repair will be a clutch at 1,000 unless you know someone. And its cheaper. If your thinking about Chpt 7 you do not want a lien. Esp not in alabama
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              1) Buy outright. I prefer this one but it means going very low price and the question of reliability becomes open. 2) finance - I'd still be buying low price but not that low. But that means a payment on a low income - not my idea of a great plan but beats no car at all. 3) finance with dealer specializing in high risk financing. Er,
                              Well, if you listen to Dave Ramsey http://www.daveramsey.com/home/ , he is against debt of any kind. He would advise you to get a car for cash only. Then aggressively save money to retire all your debt. Personally I'm not against all debt, just unaffordable debt. Financing a car should be for no more than three years. If you can't afford a three year payment, then your car is too expensive for you.

Comment