Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Glenn Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Morton

Hello peeps. Has anyone got any news about Glenn? I'm wondering how he is, but fearing the worst. I am also trying to find the text of his "Why I took my creation web pages down" which went down the tubes when the old TWeb croaked. Can anyone help with either query? Thanks.

Here is where I am preserving his web pages - too good, too valuable to disappear. http://glennmortonspages.wikispaces....s+Pages+-+Home

Originally posted by Barry Desborough View Post
    Hello peeps. Has anyone got any news about Glenn? I'm wondering how he is, but fearing the worst. I am also trying to find the text of his "Why I took my creation web pages down" which went down the tubes when the old TWeb croaked. Can anyone help with either query? Thanks.

Here is where I am preserving his web pages - too good, too valuable to disappear. http://glennmortonspages.wikispaces....s+Pages+-+Home
    Hi Barry,

Glenn is hanging in there. I have not had an update on his cancer in several months, but I know he is feeling good enough to have a group of us over to his ranch in the not too distant future. So I'll see him soon. Is there any message you'd like me to carry to him (assuming he doesn't see your post and say hello himself - I know I saw a post of his here on the new TWEB not too long ago).

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Hi Barry,

Glenn is hanging in there. I have not had an update on his cancer in several months, but I know he is feeling good enough to have a group of us over to his ranch in the not too distant future. So I'll see him soon. Is there any message you'd like me to carry to him (assuming he doesn't see your post and say hello himself - I know I saw a post of his here on the new TWEB not too long ago).

Jim
      Hey Jim, I can't speak for the others, but say "Hi" from me please?

Comment

Thanks, Jim. (Can't get reply with quote to work). I did want to know how he is.

I'm also concerned to let him know that I am not trying to preserve his work behind his back. I did try to contact him when I started to recover it. My motivation is documented here, http://glennmortonspages.wikispaces....ion+web+pages.

Comment

he made a post on here not two days ago..... http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...6599#post16599
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Thanks, Raphael. I'll try and contact him.

Comment

I was actually getting ready to call him for lunch a couple weeks ago, but my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and we've been focused elsewhere.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My contact with Glenn is off and on, mostly off. He apparently enrolled on new Tweb, and made one post, but . . .

I received this message . . .

"Hi Frank, I tried to accept the friends request but it didn't seem to take.

I am not getting back on. I just came for a quick visit. How are you? "

Glenn

I hope he changes his mind. I think at present he is a lurker, checking us out. As a fellow professional geologist I enjoyed our dialogue.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-19-2014, 06:09 PM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I was actually getting ready to call him for lunch a couple weeks ago, but my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and we've been focused elsewhere.
                  I am sorry to hear that CP, You both will be in my (our) prayers.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                    will do ;)

Jim

Comment

Likewise

Roy
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

My thoughts to your wife and family CP.

Comment

My thoughts to your wife and family CP.
                          Thank you, sir --- she is encouraged by her most recent round of tests. Thanks to all who are praying, and to those who don't necessarily "pray", but are expressing kind words and thoughts.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thank you, sir --- she is encouraged by her most recent round of tests. Thanks to all who are praying, and to those who don't necessarily "pray", but are expressing kind words and thoughts.
                            I don't know you, but I do know that dealing with cancer can be a rough road. You can add me to the list of people wishing you and your family the best.
                            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

The messages have been delivered, and Glenn himself seems to be in pretty good shape. Here is a picture of our motley crew, which includes Myself and fellow Twebber Kbertche.

Comment