Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Martial Arts Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Arts Movies

This isn't exactly my favorite genre, but as I think back on some of the most memorable movies I've ever seen, several of them are martial arts movies. This should make for a good thread.

To my shame, I haven't really seen any of the classic ones, so the stuff I list is going to be more recent. So make suggestions! The first five of these are currently on Netflix, to my knowledge.

Dragon (Wu Xia) - I really like this movie. It's a bit slow and pretty serious. I saw it described as "CSI, China, Ching Dynasty," which is pretty accurate.

Ip Man - A semi-biographical account (no idea how accurate it is) of the guy who trained Bruce Lee. Great movie.

Ip Man 2 - Not quite as great as the first one, but still good.

The Man From Nowhere - This one has a modern setting, and is quite a bit more brutal than the movies above. Still, this one is really awesome. Some incredible action, and it can get pretty heart-wrenching too.

No Tears for the Dead - By the same director as The Man From Nowhere. Not quite as amazing as that one, this one is still good and very intense.

The Raid - Pure action movie. Good stuff.

The Raid 2 - Everything from the first movie dialed up to 11. Totally mindblowing action movie.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

A couple friends and I made a martial arts parody movie back in the mid 1980s called Fist of Fingers

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      A couple friends and I made a martial arts parody movie back in the mid 1980s called Fist of Fingers
      Now that sounds like some quality cinema.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

What, no Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

Joking aside, I did like The Drunken Master.

Comment

Lots of Jackie Chan stuff.
          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X