PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety!

Teallaura
10-16-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm getting anxious and I wanna put things off when I know I shouldn't.

I gotta go do something shortly that is making me nervous as heck. And it's not even rational - no is not worse off than I am now!

:argh:

One Bad Pig
10-16-2015, 11:55 AM
I am really, really good at putting off things that make me nervous. :sigh:

Christianbookworm
10-16-2015, 12:13 PM
:hug: Don't worry, we'll have a good ending! Eventually...

Teallaura
10-16-2015, 12:40 PM
One down, one to go... :sigh:

Teallaura
10-16-2015, 01:44 PM
:sigh: Well, drat. I got it done but the outcome wasn't what I'd hoped.

Not a no, but a 'not now' which is pretty much the same at the moment.

Oh well...

Cerebrum123
10-18-2015, 05:33 PM
:pray:
:hug:

robrecht
10-18-2015, 05:40 PM
I avoid anxiety by refusing to admit that it is real. In other words, I think anxiety is sometimes caused by false hopes, expectations or perceptions contrary to reality. If we avoid facing the truth, part of us becomes anxious because deep down we know that we're fooling ourselves. If we step back to reassess, realize what the reality is, that whatever it is, it cannot be avoided, we at least know where we stand and can move forward on sure footing. Friends, family, colleagues, our boss, etc, can sometimes help us have a more realistic view of a situation and of ourselves. Don't know if any of that helps.

Teallaura
10-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Eh, I think there's something to that. We most fear 'no' when we've got high hopes for 'yes'. I find it easier to just do something if I haven't thought about what I want to happen too much beforehand.

Of course, sometimes it's because we already know we need a 'yes' that we fear a 'no'.