Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Loss of a hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of a hero

Last night we went to the memorial service of the man who is my real hero.

He helped found the church my kids grew up in. He was a fine example for me. He died a few days ago, but I look forward to seeing him again before long.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not too soon - we wanna keep you as long as the Lord permits.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Not too soon - we wanna keep you as long as the Lord permits.
        Amen!
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am in not hurry.

When I first came to the church I was a fairly new believer, hosting a bitter root. I settled there because it was the best of a bad lot. I grew, got rid of my bitter root, and came to love that church and that man. He first came to Alaska as a missionary. After 4 years on Afognak island, one of the native ladies from his time on Afognak came up to honor him at his memorial. It was several years after he retired (still served in many places around the state and even outside) that I left the church. I left because of the loud contemporary music that my poor failing ears could not handle. I served under him as an adult sunday school teacher, then later as a leader in 'home Bible fellowship studies." I served as a Deacon and later as an Elder, only because he saw in me what I still doubt was there. Knowing him was a real blessing.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X