mossrose
01-17-2014, 08:52 PM
:mossrose:

Andius
01-17-2014, 09:22 PM
And Mossy has her smilies back. Peace has returned amongst the Twebbers. ^^

Jedidiah
01-17-2014, 11:45 PM
It has been so long I don't remember who I am - or was.

Soyeong
01-17-2014, 11:55 PM
What's important is that you're not actually posting here.

Jedidiah
01-17-2014, 11:56 PM
What's important is that you're not actually posting here.

I would never do that.

moreta
01-18-2014, 01:27 AM
And I'm back as well. I think. Maybe not. I might be a figment of my imagination.

Cerebrum123
01-18-2014, 03:26 AM
:hi:

Sparko
01-18-2014, 03:54 AM
why is Teal such a control freak? She made us all check in on the facebook page too. What is she gonna do? Give us all vaccinations?

:rant:

Glenn P
01-18-2014, 04:11 AM
:teeth:

QuantaFille
01-18-2014, 04:51 AM
I'm here.
But I have to get ready for work, so now I'm not here.

Teallaura
01-18-2014, 05:08 AM
why is Teal such a control freak? She made us all check in on the facebook page too. What is she gonna do? Give us all vaccinations?

:rant:

Not exactly... :tlaura:

mossrose
01-18-2014, 08:28 AM
And Mossy has her smilies back. Peace has returned amongst the Twebbers. ^^

I have my staff smilie back. I can't upload any images (except for my teeny little av) so I don't have any of my other custom smilies.

:bawl:

But, it's a start!

One Bad Pig
01-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I am a bad pig. :yes:

Punkish
01-18-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm Punkish. Which means I like some Japanese punk /glam rock music. It doesn't meant anything else, thank you.

JardinPrayer
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm here, but I'm not making any promises. :wink:

Teallaura
01-18-2014, 07:50 PM
:smile:

Irate Canadian
01-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Raphael
01-19-2014, 12:10 AM
I do be here

DesertBerean
01-19-2014, 12:13 AM
:dance:

Bill the Cat
01-19-2014, 04:34 AM
Yo.

rogue06
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm here to check Teal out http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/impishseraph/hello%20and%20your%20cute%20smiley/121fs725372.gif

Ben Zwycky
01-19-2014, 11:10 AM

Bill the Cat
01-19-2014, 05:06 PM
ROGUE!!!! Thank goodness! I have restarted the Cartoon thread with a few modified rules to make it easier for you to manage! :lol:

01-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Posting from a cell . . . phone. Not even a smart phone.

supton
01-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Who are you people, and why are you on my computer?

T-Shirt Ninja
01-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Hi.

Sparko
01-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Who are you people, and why are you on my computer?

We are all those cats that have taken over the interwebz. meow.

GoBahnsen
01-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Hi, I'm Teallaura! :hi:hi ya Teal :sparko:

firstfloor
01-26-2014, 11:32 AM
The new, improved and much more agreeable firstfloor is here to wipe the floor with the lot of you. Just joking of course, about being agreeable, no, I mean wiping the floor.
Your loyal pal and truth seeker,
firstfloor

shunyadragon
01-26-2014, 02:49 PM
shunyadragon is back.

Bill the Cat
01-26-2014, 05:16 PM
shunyadragon is back.

To quote Mater...

There's Frank

Carrikature
02-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm here.

Raphael
02-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm here.

About blimmin time.

How are you doing Carr?

Carrikature
02-07-2014, 10:21 PM
About blimmin time.

How are you doing Carr?

I am mildly morose, in truth. I needed the break from this place, and I'm not entirely sure I'm happy to be back. Nonetheless, here I am. I'm resolving to avoid certain areas, though, so perhaps that will help. I am, however, pleasantly surprised by my reception. I didn't think people would notice my absence. :)

In other news, I am quite fine. Daughter is nearing 3 (end of May), and each day with her is a surprise. She scares the daylights out of me, and that is no joke. My wife is applying to teaching positions across the country, and it's looking like we'll finally be able to move out of state. I've committed to writing all year long, which has so far been working. Fiction writing is a good outlet for me, it seems.

How have you been?

Carrikature
02-07-2014, 10:25 PM
I am mildly morose, in truth. I needed the break from this place, and I'm not entirely sure I'm happy to be back. Nonetheless, here I am. I'm resolving to avoid certain areas, though, so perhaps that will help. I am, however, pleasantly surprised by my reception. I didn't think people would notice my absence. :)

Hmm, this sounds kind of bad. There are certainly people here I missed seeing and interacting with. I didn't miss certain discussions and would rather avoid them.

DesertBerean
02-07-2014, 10:31 PM
:flowers:

Raphael
02-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I am mildly morose, in truth. I needed the break from this place, and I'm not entirely sure I'm happy to be back. Nonetheless, here I am. I'm resolving to avoid certain areas, though, so perhaps that will help. I am, however, pleasantly surprised by my reception. I didn't think people would notice my absence. :) A break can be good. And yes, some of us did miss you. (I really need to work on my aim :rasberry:

In other news, I am quite fine. Daughter is nearing 3 (end of May), and each day with her is a surprise. She scares the daylights out of me, and that is no joke. They grow way too fast.

My wife is applying to teaching positions across the country, and it's looking like we'll finally be able to move out of state. Cool.

I've committed to writing all year long, which has so far been working. Fiction writing is a good outlet for me, it seems.Are you planning on publishing it?

How have you been?I've been good. It's already a busy year. My oldest two girls (7 and 5) are in school, #3 (age 3) is enjoying kindy and #4 (age 20 months) has become a jabberwocky. They are all growing up way too fast for Daddy's liking. My beloved and I are starting on the leadership team at Church this year, which is going to make things busier.

Carrikature
02-07-2014, 11:05 PM
A break can be good. And yes, some of us did miss you.

Thanks. :)

(I really need to work on my aim :rasberry:

Nice...

Are you planning on publishing it?

I don't know. Publishing is not something I intend to seek soon, if ever. I have a long way to go as a writer before I expect to produce anything worth the effort, if I ever dare such hubris. We'll see, though. As my work improves, my feelings may change.

I've been good. It's already a busy year. My oldest two girls (7 and 5) are in school, #3 (age 3) is enjoying kindy and #4 (age 20 months) has become a jabberwocky. They are all growing up way too fast for Daddy's liking. My beloved and I are starting on the leadership team at Church this year, which is going to make things busier.

I cannot imagine four kids. My wife and I are plenty happy with our one. Are they into extracurriculars at that age? Here it is not uncommon to start sports around 4. My daughter is already in a dance class and a quasi-acrobatic class hosted at her daycare. I couldn't imagine trying to juggle four while doing leadership too. I wish you luck with that.

I didn't know kindergarten started at age 3 there. We have pre-k that starts at 4 and kinder at 5. Education is something I'm kind of concerned about. At her current rate, my daughter will know everything they teach in pre-k long before she ever gets there. She can and does count to ten, including counting objects (and can count to ten in Spanish). She knows to twenty in English but leaves out some numbers. She has known her colors for about a year, knows the Spanish words and can tell you which word is which color if asked. That is, she's not simply singing color songs by rote, she understands that this word is the same as that word (red is rojo for example). The other day she was trying to spell pink. Her letters were totally off, but the fact that she understood pink has four letters was mind-boggling. She received a bunch of puzzles for Christmas, most of which are 3+. She can do them all, and some of them she can do by putting pieces in the correct place without needing to place it in relation to other pictures.

Of course, I have no frame of reference, so I don't know what's normal. The daycare she's in has milestones they use to mark ability, and she can already do all but one (writing, which they don't do in her class, and we seldom do at home). IIRC, those are the same milestones they use for the three year old class. I don't have any idea how the other kids do with those markers, though.

I'm not trying to brag, it really does concern me a bit. If she's as smart as this implies, I'm not sure how to get her an education system she can truly flourish in. More, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with her.

Raphael
02-08-2014, 12:25 AM

Nice...:teeth:

I don't know. Publishing is not something I intend to seek soon, if ever. I have a long way to go as a writer before I expect to produce anything worth the effort, if I ever dare such hubris. We'll see, though. As my work improves, my feelings may change.Cool. If you do get there, don't forget Ben Zwycky has established a tradition of using TWebber for proof reading.

I cannot imagine four kids. My wife and I are plenty happy with our one. Are they into extracurriculars at that age? Here it is not uncommon to start sports around 4. My daughter is already in a dance class and a quasi-acrobatic class hosted at her daycare. I couldn't imagine trying to juggle four while doing leadership too. I wish you luck with that.All four are in the athletics club (although for the younger two it's just for them to have fun) and the older two have started gymnastics.
It's actually not too bad having four kids. The biggest issue is you're severely restricted to what size house you can have and what size car you can have (especially as by law they have to be in a car seat until age 7)

I didn't know kindergarten started at age 3 there. We have pre-k that starts at 4 and kinder at 5. Education is something I'm kind of concerned about. At her current rate, my daughter will know everything they teach in pre-k long before she ever gets there. She can and does count to ten, including counting objects (and can count to ten in Spanish). She knows to twenty in English but leaves out some numbers. She has known her colors for about a year, knows the Spanish words and can tell you which word is which color if asked. That is, she's not simply singing color songs by rote, she understands that this word is the same as that word (red is rojo for example). The other day she was trying to spell pink. Her letters were totally off, but the fact that she understood pink has four letters was mind-boggling. She received a bunch of puzzles for Christmas, most of which are 3+. She can do them all, and some of them she can do by putting pieces in the correct place without needing to place it in relation to other pictures.The NZ Government pays for 20 hours free Kindy for kids aged 3 and 4, so they start Kindy at age 3. Here they start school on their 5th birthday (well as close to it as possible). Our school fees (which are actually donations, not fees) for the older two are NZ$80 for the year (that varies school to school....govt schools of course)
They learn the English and Te Reo (Māori) colours and numbers and songs.

Of course, I have no frame of reference, so I don't know what's normal. The daycare she's in has milestones they use to mark ability, and she can already do all but one (writing, which they don't do in her class, and we seldom do at home). IIRC, those are the same milestones they use for the three year old class. I don't have any idea how the other kids do with those markers, though.

I'm not trying to brag, it really does concern me a bit. If she's as smart as this implies, I'm not sure how to get her an education system she can truly flourish in. More, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with her.
It's a Dad's prerogative to brag about his daughters.

mossrose
02-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Pfft. 4 kids is nothing.

My parents had 5 daughters, and then a come-lately son!

You've never lived until you've had 5 girls all standing in front of the same 1' x 2' bathroom mirror, all fixing their hair at the same time, shortest in the front, tallest in the back!

After we all moved out, Dad got a huge mirror that ran the entire length of the wall in the bathroom. On a visit home, I asked him why he didn't do that when we were all in the house.

He said he couldn't afford it then.

:hehe:

Chrawnus
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Pfft. 4 kids is nothing.

Pfft, my grandparents (on my mother's side) had atleast 5 daughters and 4 sons. Or atleast that's as many as I can remember from the top of my head. There might have been more.

And I'm pretty sure my grandparents on my father's side had even more kids than that, but I can't be bothered to remember them all. :shrug:

Chrawnus
02-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Oh, and welcome back Carrikature. :hi:

Carrikature
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Cool. If you do get there, don't forget Ben Zwycky has established a tradition of using TWebber for proof reading.

Heh, I'll try to keep that in mind. :P

All four are in the athletics club (although for the younger two it's just for them to have fun) and the older two have started gymnastics.
It's actually not too bad having four kids. The biggest issue is you're severely restricted to what size house you can have and what size car you can have (especially as by law they have to be in a car seat until age 7)

We have height/weight requirements for seats. They get more stringent every year.

The NZ Government pays for 20 hours free Kindy for kids aged 3 and 4, so they start Kindy at age 3. Here they start school on their 5th birthday (well as close to it as possible). Our school fees (which are actually donations, not fees) for the older two are NZ$80 for the year (that varies school to school....govt schools of course)
They learn the English and Te Reo (Māori) colours and numbers and songs.

Oh that's cool. School here is paid for as part of city taxes.

Pfft. 4 kids is nothing.

You've never lived until you've had 5 girls all standing in front of the same 1' x 2' bathroom mirror, all fixing their hair at the same time, shortest in the front, tallest in the back!

After we all moved out, Dad got a huge mirror that ran the entire length of the wall in the bathroom. On a visit home, I asked him why he didn't do that when we were all in the house.

He said he couldn't afford it then.

:hehe:

My father is the youngest of seven, my aunt has six kids and my other aunt has four. It's as much that I can't imagine wanting to have that many as it is being unable to imagine keeping track of them all.

Carrikature
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Oh, and welcome back Carrikature. :hi:

supton
02-09-2014, 02:11 PM
My mother has one brother. And five sisters. And I think there was all of three bedrooms for the kids. Getting all the family together can be interesting, you can still see just how well they all get along today.

We're pretty content with two. For a bit we thought about adding a third, but after thinking about it we figured we'd need a fourth: our two are so bonded together we don't think they would do so well with a "little" one bugging them. But if we close spaced #3 and #4 it'd work. But by golly, if I thought life was expensive now...

I'm sure we can pick up any of the other kids from church whenever we wanted to "increase our brood"! Plenty of parents willing to lend out the kids for a few hours.