Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Waterproof/tearproof Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproof/tearproof Bible

This is the Bible that I need - look at the damage that this lady and her kids put it through. Does anyone own one of these?

sigpic

Wow. It is available in a other translations as well.

http://www.bardinmarsee.com
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by heartablaze View Post
      This is the Bible that I need - look at the damage that this lady and her kids put it through. Does anyone own one of these?

But does it hold up with time?

Some bibles are easier to read, not because of the translation, but because of font and paper used. Trouble is that they fall apart with time. But most which are very high quality paper often have small font size. If only the RSV was available with Trump Medieval typeset, wide margins, quality off white paper, good binding!

Comment

Two cons I can see is that it's just a basic Bible, no frills: cross references, study notes, etc. The other is that the full Bible is quite large.

It does seem like the binding is quite sturdy- the pages are sewn in, not glued on.

This guy did a review after a year of owning his: http://www.onthebox.us/2012/02/revie...oof-bible.html
        sigpic

Comment

Theology 201: "Calvinism, Arminianism, and other views on salvation and foreknowledge".

Cool bible though.

Comment

Two cons I can see is that it's just a basic Bible, no frills: cross references, study notes, etc. The other is that the full Bible is quite large.

It does seem like the binding is quite sturdy- the pages are sewn in, not glued on.

This guy did a review after a year of owning his: http://www.onthebox.us/2012/02/revie...oof-bible.html
            Actually the sown in pages are also glued:
            "* Extremely Durable Synthetic Pages Sewn and Glued into Spine"
            But the pages are not merely glued on.
            Last edited by 37818; 11-07-2015, 09:34 AM.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Real issue is it's the NIV.

And reminds me of Canadian money.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And reminds me of Canadian money.
                Are you saying that it is worthless or that it breaks in cold weather?

0000000000cmic.jpg
                Canuckistani currency in sub-zero weather

I've noticed that online versions tend to be water-proof, stain resistant and tear proof.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Two cons I can see is that it's just a basic Bible...
                  I know you didn't intend it this way, but it reminds me of the battle within the SBC a few decades ago, where there was a discussion about what the Bible really was. The liberals were opposed to any section of the Baptist Faith & Message that spoke about inerrancy, and, during a heated debate on the floor of the annual meeting, one of the liberals stood up and shouted, "It's JUST A BOOK!!!!"

There were audible gasps, followed by some dead silence.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    It is available in the KJV, ESV, NKJV and NLT.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                      Theology 201: "Calvinism, Arminianism, and other views on salvation and foreknowledge".

Cool bible though.
                      Haha, yeah, I didn't quite know where to put the thread.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I know you didn't intend it this way, but it reminds me of the battle within the SBC a few decades ago, where there was a discussion about what the Bible really was. The liberals were opposed to any section of the Baptist Faith & Message that spoke about inerrancy, and, during a heated debate on the floor of the annual meeting, one of the liberals stood up and shouted, "It's JUST A BOOK!!!!"

There were audible gasps, followed by some dead silence.
                      Yeah, not at all what I meant. But interesting insight into the SBC. I'm a Baptist myself and through different sources have been studying a bit about our history. What happened after that? We're seen as a pretty conservative convention now, so how did the SBC prevent this from happening?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, not at all what I meant.

But interesting insight into the SBC. I'm a Baptist myself and through different sources have been studying a bit about our history. What happened after that? We're seen as a pretty conservative convention now, so how did the SBC prevent this from happening?
                        Strategy. I'll start a thread on that so as to not derail this one.

ETA: Started that thread HERE.
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-07-2015, 03:09 PM.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Anyone else hear of similarly specialized or different Bibles?
                          sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X