Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

the Adventures of Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Adventures of Superman

Did anyone actually watch this show when it first aired? I obviously didn't. Not too bad. Even though the villains were pretty easy for Superman to defeat. Did he ever fight any villains that weren't just regular thugs with guns?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

I remember seeing it. Don't remember much about it. They had kryptonite rays in one episode. It was originally black & white, then became color. If I recall, Actor George Reeves jumped out of a window one time too many, the last time without a costume.
    When I Survey....

Comment

You can even see the springboard in some shots! Special effects have certainly improved!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
        I remember seeing it. Don't remember much about it. They had kryptonite rays in one episode. It was originally black & white, then became color. If I recall, Actor George Reeves jumped out of a window one time too many, the last time without a costume.
        I stand corrected. He shot himself one time too many. He was stone drunk and stark naked at the time.

There was a 1951 episode that had the mole men. Other than that, gangsters were cheaper than creatures in costumes. The series was low budget.
        When I Survey....

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X