Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

allergies and congestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allergies and congestion

I take OTC Zyrtec but some days, like today, I just can't stop sneezing and sniffling. Any advice?

Yup take a sudafed 12 hour and make sure its the kind you buy behind the pharmacy counter. You don't need a prescription, but you need to show ID to get it.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Switch to one of the others allergy meds for awhile. Usually works for me.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        Yup take a sudafed 12 hour and make sure its the kind you buy behind the pharmacy counter. You don't need a prescription, but you need to show ID to get it.
        We might have some here I can take right before bed.

Comment

Like LPT I sometimes find changing to another anti allergy med helps. Also try identify your own irritants as they can be different for different people ie dog, cat, horse dander or house dust or pollen or something you are eating etc. If you like herbal meds then I can recommend sambucus from the black elderberry. At one stage I could hardly function in the mornings after getting up because my sneezing and sniffling was continuous and I took weleda sambucus drops in water which really helped me. I am not sure if this is available in USA but try reading up on Sambucus black elderberry for hayfever and sinus and see what you think. It is herbal and herbal meds do sometimes interact with other medicines one might be taking or have undesirable side effects with certain conditions so it is always best for a person to do their own research first before trying something.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X