Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

TB coming back in America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB coming back in America?

Tuberculosis appear to threaten flare-up thanks to TNF blockers. Does anyone know how bad it can get? What can one do to help himself and his family?

"Tuberculosis kills 3, sickens 26 in Alabama" Fox News, January 8, 2016, foxnews.com

"TNF-blocking agents and tuberculosis: new drugs illuminate an old topic" J. Keane, Rheumatology, rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org
    Last edited by Truthseeker; 01-12-2016, 06:07 PM.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Tuberculosis appear to threaten flare-up thanks to TNF blockers. Does anyone know how bad it can get? What can one do to help himself and his family?

"Tuberculosis kills 3, sickens 26 in Alabama" Fox News, January 8, 2016, foxnews.com

"TNF-blocking agents and tuberculosis: new drugs illuminate an old topic" J. Keane, Rheumatology, rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org
    Nothing until a safer vaccine is available to the public. And stay away from anything you need a tinfoil hat afterward. FYI read the article, this stuff has never been totally eeradicated, its around it small numbers. My advice? Don't drink the water in Mexico, take the FULL course of ABX your doc prescribes and stay away from money grubbing quacks.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      this stuff has never been totally eeradicated, its around it small numbers.
      When my wife worked at the county hospital, she regularly encountered patients with TB.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        When my wife worked at the county hospital, she regularly encountered patients with TB.
        Interesting considering that FWIU TB has become so rare here (less than 9500 new cases in 2014) that the vaccine for it is no longer widely used in the United States.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Interesting considering that FWIU TB has become so rare here (less than 9500 new cases in 2014) that the vaccine for it is no longer widely used in the United States.
          Where I originate from it's pretty common. Infact when emigrating part of my medicals included chest x-rays specifically to look for TB. And because my middle two daughters were born within 5 years of us leaving South Africa, they received the vaccine shortly after birth.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            Every hospital I've ever been in has a TB room. While the number of people who actually have active TB is low in the US, there are always a few cases each year especially in areas where hygiene, homelessness needle sharing (another reason not to do drugs) and those with very door immune systems.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              They didn't get vaccines, just annual testing.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X