PDA

View Full Version : Villifying the MRMs

Darth Xena
02-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Okay I am posting this after reading a god-awful piece by a MRA author, but what I am speaking about is more conceptual, not any particular author. What has bugged me in many MRM/MRA discussion is the idea that it is okay to simply vilify the idea that certain groups should have activism to speak for their rights. To me it is irrelevant if the majority of the MRA writers are misogynist asses. What I seem to hear is that misogynist asshattery is inherent to the idea of Men's Rights, men have no right to be worried about their rights!

And that bugs me.

But since I dislike most of the sites and authors why do I want to defend the idea of the movement? I think it is when we defend the idea of the right of such movements to exist and the justice value in all people having a right to advocate for their rights WHEN WE DISAGREE WITH MOST OF THEM that we are truly advocating rights.

I probably worded that really crappy. But there it is.

Now I gotta go scrub my brain of the VFM article on how wonderful women have it under Islam. (to be fair, he was speaking of Iran, a very westernized society, but some of the commenters, OMG)

Darth Xena
02-24-2014, 04:49 AM
For those of you worried I am spending too much time on this subject, please think back to the old TWeb. I get really interested in researching something, post about it a few months, and then move on. Right now my interest in is reading things that challenge the narrative. And have been spending time on many extreme sites, both extreme feminist and not, and those arguing against gender. I have disliked and disagreed with nearly all of them, but what I have disliked most of all is the tactic of shouting down or auto-villification that is just rampant on all of them.

I read something though that made me question something in general about our desire for truth, and whether we value that more than comfort, that I will post on separately.

Darth Executor
02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Men crying about muh rights is... unmanly. It's probably part of why people don't even bother to nod and smile like they do when a crazy feminist is shrieking at them.

Welcome to the world of double standards (possibly offensive language warning):
http://puu.sh/78JvA

Also, not really relevant but I think I found seasanctuary's twitter account:

http://i.imgur.com/UU2ByuN.jpg

Epoetker
02-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Now I gotta go scrub my brain of the VFM article on how wonderful women have it under Islam.

Or you could...not read Paul Elam. His positions and his tactics scream of a strategy of getting power through party politics and democratic activism, i.e., exactly the same way feminists did. Even if, like Anders Brevik, his drive-bys are more spectacular than Jessica Valenti's, he's still playing what's fundamentally a gangster's game. Remove democracy and party politics from your reading material, stick to the truth and those who fight for it. Unless you're, say, desperately clinging to the most marginal voices in order to delude yourself that this is all about bitter clingers or whatever.

If I want something Mens Rightsy, I generally go for Dalrock, (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/) and increasingly, Sunshine Mary, (http://sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/) as they waste no time targeting the Christians and the churches pushing feminism-lite and corrupting the consciences of young men and women with dreams of avarice and idolatry at an early age.

But really, my reading rotation at the moment is mainly:

Steve Sailer (isteve.blogspot.com) (If he isn't at the top of your list, you're doing something wrong. If you're not reading vdare.com, you're doing something wrong BY AMERICA.)

Vox Day, (http://voxday.blogspot.com) whose bold stand against the SFWA types inspired John C. Wright (http://scifiwright.com), (whom I recall often being trotted out as the Respectable Counterexample to Us Fascist Reactionaries in the past, though those posters aren't posting anymore,) to write a very good series of articles on the corruption of sci-fi due to the introduction of "Strong Female Characters." (http://www.scifiwright.com/2014/01/saving-science-fiction-from-strong-female-characters/)

The Spearhead (http://www.the-spearhead.com/), which had the good sense to fire Paul Elam, though I suppose Paul would say he quit.

Mencius Moldbug (http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/) if I want a long-winded and link-heavy secularist take on the progressives who came to power over the past two centuries, Jim (http://blog.jim.com) if I want a very short one. "I walked to Master Moldbug but the road was too long. I visited master Jim and he hit me with a stick."

Stuff Black People Don't Like (http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com) for the daily police blotter in Black-Run America, Those Who Can See (http://thosewhocansee.blogspot.com) for the more nuanced appraisal.

Gucci Little Piggy (glpiggy.net) for RACISM from a waiter's perspective, Education Realist (http://educationrealist.wordpress.com) for RACISM from a teacher's perspective, Second City Cop (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/) for RACISM from a police officer's perspective, and last but certainly not least, Federale (http://federaleagent86.blogspot.com/) for RACISM and immigration from a federal agent's perspective.

Heartiste, the Devil's Virtuoso. Find his site yourself.

And Radish Magazine (http://radishmag.wordpress.com/), which pulls a lot of these guys together for some nicely organized articles on the historic and present day, and whose latest article is a fitting rejoinder to the OP.

Go forth, you have a lot of better reading material to get through and only so many hours in the day to get to it.

Darth Xena
02-25-2014, 04:22 AM
I spend my day reading various views, and actually my starting page is usually manbooz, of which you don't approve. At times some of those sites you mention come through my browser along with opposition sites.

Heartiste is a disgusting pig. No thank you.

I have read Stuff Black People Don't Like and find it stupidly racist.

You see, I don't have an issue with addressing gender issues and race issues, but when people address them like asshats or pigs, I have zero interest.

There are right ways and wrong ways to engage. I value my mind too much to waste time on those who don't bother to try to do things the right way. The Spearhead used to be more interesting. It is boring as hell right now and their article on dude-bros was mind-numbing.

LOL Vox Day, yes, he will not introduce women characters into a game with orcs and trolls due to historical verisimilitude. LOL.

I will check out Steve Sailer. That wasn't something I was regularly aware of. I like this statement on his site "When something big happens, it's useful to read articles carefully for details before a Narrative hardens."

The "narrative" is what I am trying to explore in my other thread.

Darth Executor
02-25-2014, 07:06 AM
You see, I don't have an issue with addressing gender issues and race issues, but when people address them like asshats or pigs, I have zero interest.

Manboobz addresses issues like an asshat too...

Darth Xena
02-25-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't find him so. Pointed yes, but a lot of the time he is dealing with the worst of the MRM

Darth Xena
02-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I know what struck me about that Islam article that was posted. It reminded me of how people want to point out that black slaves were actually fortunate- think about all of the responsibilities of the plantation owner they were spared from.

And on the head coverings he was like well it isn't a burqa. So... How much mandatory accessories are okay to mark someone? Well a small little yellow star ain't so bad--- following his logic.

Darth Executor
02-25-2014, 11:44 AM
I know what struck me about that Islam article that was posted. It reminded me of how people want to point out that black slaves were actually fortunate- think about all of the responsibilities of the plantation owner they were spared from.

And on the head coverings he was like well it isn't a burqa. So... How much mandatory accessories are okay to mark someone? Well a small little yellow star ain't so bad--- following his logic.

I dunno which article you mean, only thing on Epo's list that I read more than occasionally is Steve Sailer.

In regards to the slavery stuff, saying slaves had it better than the slave owners is pure retardation. If one wants to counter the endless guilt tripping over what some dead people did to some other dead people 300 years ago it's much better to remind the world of the crimes of northern industrialists. The north treated its cheap labor (particularly the irish) considerably worse than southern slave owners treated their slaves. And the Northern model of slavery where more and more cheap labour is brought in to displace native workers who aren't as willing to break their backs 12 hours a day living 8 in a house making 5-10 dollars an hour is still going strong today.

Darth Xena
02-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Sorry I do some free association and assumes everyone knows what I mean. I mentioned in the OP that A Voice for Men had an article on how great women have it in Iran (and yes I know Iran is very westernized so not the typical Muskim country)

Epoetker
02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Pointed yes, but a lot of the time he is dealing with the worst of the MRM

And why on earth would I be interested in reading the worst of the MRM, or one who informs themselves from the worst of the MRM?

Reading Manboobz or Elam or Jessica Valenti is like saying you get all your info on public issues from National Review or MSNBC, it's a great big sign saying ONLY OPINIONS ACCEPTABLE TO NIGHTLY NEWS ANCHORS AND WASHINGTON THINKTANKS HERE.

Darth Xena
02-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Fail at reading comprehension. You took your definition of what you think the worst are and assumed I said he was only dealing with them. Yet he dealt with someone you advocated, Vox, on the absolutely retarded claim that he won't put female characters in his video games featuring orcs and trolls as females would lack historical verisimilitude, like orcs and trolls do.

Second, the best MRM reading material deals with the worst of feminism. You can't have it both ways. The majority of MRM stuff is informed by the worst of feminism, but the worst of feminism DOES need to be exposed, just like the worst of the MRMs. They are both mirror image reactionary movements IMHO. You can't see good in one. I can see good in both as both sides have points.

Manboobz has dealt with all the people you listed, except perhaps Sailer… don't know much about him, and never saw him referenced there.

Darth Executor
02-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Fail at reading comprehension. You took your definition of what you think the worst are and assumed I said he was only dealing with them. Yet he dealt with someone you advocated, Vox, on the absolutely retarded claim that he won't put female characters in his video games featuring orcs and trolls as females would lack historical verisimilitude, like orcs and trolls do.

Second, the best MRM reading material deals with the worst of feminism. You can't have it both ways. The majority of MRM stuff is informed by the worst of feminism, but the worst of feminism DOES need to be exposed, just like the worst of the MRMs. They are both mirror image reactionary movements IMHO. You can't see good in one. I can see good in both as both sides have points.

Manboobz has dealt with all the people you listed, except perhaps Sailer… don't know much about him, and never saw him referenced there.

Sailer doesn't have much of anything to do with MRM so there wouldn't be any reason for him to show up there.

Epoetker
02-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Sailer doesn't have much of anything to do with MRM so there wouldn't be any reason for him to show up there.

Sailer led me to Welmer, who later started The Spearhead.

Epoetker
02-26-2014, 11:52 PM

A rather ungracious and deliberately unfair comparison, wouldn't you say? A man may fight an orc as he may fight an angry wrestler, in both cases the response of a normal person to a woman fighting the same is the breaking of the suspension of disbelief, one of the biggest reasons why 300 is beloved but Sucker Punch is reviled. It's the type of lazy and boring opening I expect from a political operative, meant to waste time.

The philosophy of equality is an immature and glib way of looking at the world, that will not survive in my presence. Feminism is evil precisely because it does not give up this demand for equality even when its tactics grow less openly crazy, having created enough anger and unpopularity to demand a reframe. If your heart still rebels, I will forgive a thousand sins on the part of your enemies who are at least aiming for the truth.

Manboobz has taught you nothing more than to play highfalutin' political games, and must be dropped from your reading rotation if you expect me to take your criticism as anything other than unremarkable fluff. I seem to recall you being better than this.

firstfloor
02-27-2014, 12:31 AM
And that bugs me.
It’s your religion that’s the problem dear. The MRM is a counter movement to feminism (equal rights for women) which itself is incompatible with the traditional Abrahamic religions wherein women are property for breeding children and looking after their menfolk. Is there such a thing as a real Christian feminist (male or female)? Stand your full height woman!

Darth Xena
02-27-2014, 04:26 AM
firstfloor, please do not participate in this thread. This isn't the thread for you to spew your anti-Christian stuff. Ironically, you of the feminist bent calls me dear. A bit condescending don't you think sugarplum?

Darth Xena
02-27-2014, 04:31 AM
A rather ungracious and deliberately unfair comparison, wouldn't you say? A man may fight an orc as he may fight an angry wrestler, in both cases the response of a normal person to a woman fighting the same is the breaking of the suspension of disbelief, one of the biggest reasons why 300 is beloved but Sucker Punch is reviled. It's the type of lazy and boring opening I expect from a political operative, meant to waste time.

No, it was silly. If it is a waste of your time, please do choose to go do something else. I have very little time for forum board discussions, no time for whining.

The philosophy of equality is an immature and glib way of looking at the world, that will not survive in my presence. Feminism is evil precisely because it does not give up this demand for equality even when its tactics grow less openly crazy, having created enough anger and unpopularity to demand a reframe. If your heart still rebels, I will forgive a thousand sins on the part of your enemies who are at least aiming for the truth.

The way the debate is framed for "equality" I disagree with the definition a lot of times. But many times, it is right.

Manboobz has taught you nothing more than to play highfalutin' political games, and must be dropped from your reading rotation if you expect me to take your criticism as anything other than unremarkable fluff. I seem to recall you being better than this.

Umm, let me check…. nope, I don't care how you take my criticism. Don't be upset, I don't really care much how any one does. And once you start telling me what "must" be dropped… well, sorry, you don't have that right. I know I don't have a wee-wee but that doesn't mean you can order me around. I enjoy the site's content, the author is funny, and he pegs a great deal of misogyny. Is it right always? Of course not. He is feminist, I am not, but he sure exposes the worst of the MRM, with their delightful fixation on slurs for female body parts.

Darth Xena
02-27-2014, 04:33 AM

I am as yet unfamiliar with him, but I just knew I hadn't read of him at manboobz.

Darth Executor
02-27-2014, 05:12 AM
feminism (equal rights for women)

Actually these days feminism is about (mostly very manly) women trying to twist society into something more accepting of them (and thus automatically less accepting of normal people).

firstfloor
02-27-2014, 05:28 AM
firstfloor, please do not participate in this thread. This isn't the thread for you to spew your anti-Christian stuff. Ironically, you of the feminist bent calls me dear. A bit condescending don't you think sugarplum?
Okay, Boss. (“That’s the spirit.” – Roy Batty) It was indeed supposed to be ever so slightly ironic. I know my place.

Darth Xena
02-27-2014, 05:34 AM
Actually these days feminism is about (mostly very manly) women trying to twist society into something more accepting of them (and thus automatically less accepting of normal people).

I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.) One such one inherent to my deviations within my gender is that I have absolutely zero attraction to infants. I have never in my life held an infant. When a girl comes into the office with a baby, all of the other women go flocking to oooh and awww and hold it. I go elsewhere. I don't demand that my particularity be elevated to some status, and if people comment, I don't go boo too in offense. I deviate highly from most women in such a situation. I believe in traditional gender roles in marriage. I don't get all offended and demand that people change to suit my particular needs and beliefs such as if someone looks to me for a decision when we are out, and I prefer to let him be the voice for both of us.

Darth Executor
02-27-2014, 05:37 AM
I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.)

Precisely. I'm a basement dwelling misanthrope but things would go really badly if the world was rearranged to benefit people like me.

Zymologist
02-27-2014, 07:22 AM
I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.) One such one inherent to my deviations within my gender is that I have absolutely zero attraction to infants. I have never in my life held an infant. When a girl comes into the office with a baby, all of the other women go flocking to oooh and awww and hold it. I go elsewhere. I don't demand that my particularity be elevated to some status, and if people comment, I don't go boo too in offense. I deviate highly from most women in such a situation. I believe in traditional gender roles in marriage. I don't get all offended and demand that people change to suit my particular needs and beliefs such as if someone looks to me for a decision when we are out, and I prefer to let him be the voice for both of us.

Why, this sounds downright...reasonable.

Epoetker
02-28-2014, 01:59 AM
I have never in my life held an infant.

Figured you'd have to try hard to avoid any but the most moribund churches to avoid holding somebody else's baby. It's fun to make faces at them, though playing catch with them and an enterprising father or brother is generally frowned upon until they hit toddlerhood and learn to fall properly. :wink:

Nevertheless, the first moment a women looks into the eyes of their own child is definitely the big maturity event horizon for most, and avoiding anything that reminds you of that is probably a reason you can still sympathize with the devil's counselors. (http://sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/gay-marriage-is-both-a-cause-and-a-result-of-the-destruction-of-traditional-marriage/)

Go to a younger church, find a reason to hold one (do not steal or play catch with it.)

Darth Xena
02-28-2014, 04:03 AM
No catch? No fun.

PS Might be scarce for a while, real life issues distracting me, doing the minimum online.

Just Some Dude
02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I stole your attraction to infants.

Although some of the nasties in my area are starting to burn it up.

Epoetker
03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Upon posting my last reply, I left for work early and found a neighborhood cat lazing about underneath my car. Black, thin, with collar, and what looked like white spots from a distance but up close seemed closer to patchy bits of fur torn out in scrapes with other neighborhood fauna. Still almost immediately friendly despite all that.

Trusting cuteness is often a restorer of spirits from unexpected places. When you come back, DeeDee, I expect to see photographic evidence of you making faces at a baby. (Return it to its owner once you're done.)

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Still no baby holding.

But I have spent the past time reading MRA sites daily and while I think that feminism has done great harm to men, and am not a feminist, I have come to the conclusion that the online organized MRA movement is absolutely vile, evil, antiChristian, and blindly, incoherently misogynist and often racist and hateful to everyone other than white heterosexual men that think precisely as they do.

I started out with a predisposition to be sympathetic and supportive. I found only vileness, the male v female equivalent of Westboro Baptist or the KKK. I am ashamed of any women these guys allegedly "bang" but honestly I think they make most of it up. I still believe that there is a legitimate place for men's advocacy. They are not it. They are awful human beings. The mirror image of radical feminists.

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 07:07 PM
The mirror image of radical feminists.

Well, who started this whole thing again?

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 07:11 PM
So? Funny that they accuse women of being children and you use an excuse that only works for five year olds.

For those who want to see what I mean, go to Return of Kings (yes they flatter themselves) and see an awful aggregation of the worst. In my moments of weakness I wish penile rot on them. In my better moments I pray for them and for God to show grace as I am just as bad a sinner, just in other ways and God has had mercy on me. I hope they avoid their destiny of growing old bitter and alone.

KingsGambit
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Return of Kings looks like such a lovely, uplifting community.

And by that, I mean I'm not convinced it wasn't created in a middle school locker room. I think the observation made above that most of these men are exaggerating/inventing their sexual experiences is probably true.

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 07:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EErFZTp.jpg

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Return of Kings looks like such a lovely, uplifting community.

And by that, I mean I'm not convinced it wasn't created in a middle school locker room. I think the observation made above that most of these men are exaggerating/inventing their sexual experiences is probably true.

I tend to agree. Oh and wimmin aren't allowed to comment. Brave brave Sir Robins. I have learned how closely related anger and pity are. And wonder what awful mothers these boys might have had.

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Epo, selfies aren't needed in this thread. Nice shirt tho.

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 07:41 PM
I am not, sadly, the hero in that picture.

Scrolling down the ROK feed, it's definitely about 50-50 trailer park and lyceum. But if your institutions are shot, that's where you need to go.

Oh and wimmin aren't allowed to comment. Brave brave Sir Robins. I have learned how closely related anger and pity are. And wonder what awful mothers these boys might have had.

Possibly they were feminists? You know, that demanding, ugly, unfeeling, sociopathic, and uncompromising movement that slowly killed the goodwill of the American male, to the point where its victims decided that enough was enough and decided to give as good as they got? That's politics for you. That's democracy for you. You, at least, did not come back to this thread to say:

"I repent fully for ever having associated myself with feminists, they have done and brought upon us a far greater evil than if we had shunned them from the beginning, as their problems and the people they spoke for were never anything but vehicles for personal and political power!"

Or did you?

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 07:52 PM
There is no defense for the misogyny on that site, it is irrational and putrid.

And I find it funny how they claim wimmin are stupid inferiors yet their idea of intelligent humour is to tame their members by reminding themselves that beautiful women poop.

The smell of compensation hangs ripely in the air.

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 08:07 PM
The smell of someone wasting their time on politics hangs ripely in the air:

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DemographicsJeze2.png

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DemographicsROK2.png

"Work" is apparently not the place that either parties read these sites, they're for feminist indoctrination at school in the first one and after-hours drunken philosophizing in the second. As I actually have a job and find engaging in mass democracy/political action mostly inconsequential at best and corrupting at worst, neither really make it into my rotation. Though if you read something by Roissy that makes you mad, bad, and sad, feel free to post it here for me to confirm. Matter of fact, if you have anything other than your general feelings, like a link to something specific, that would be great.

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 08:15 PM
You have obviously mistaken me for someone who cares for your confirmation. Despite my obvious inferiority for not having dangley bits, I don't.

Speaking of asshat Roissy, Futrelle gored his racist ox:

http://manboobz.com/2014/03/11/meet-dr-thaddeus-pixel-inventor-of-science/

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Well, as long as we're all being pedantic, exacting, and willfully stupid over here, I specifically asked if YOU had READ anything BY ROISSY, not by Roissy's designated feminist gatekeepers on a generally worthless site.

And as soon as you've gotten your head on straight, are you actually trying to claim that the number of white men people "should know in science but dont" doesn't dwarf the number of women and minorities? Propagandists can de-rez, crop, and rearrange images all they like to make a point, what matters is if the point is true or not.

Darth Xena
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
That is the image Roissy posted silly. And get hoisted. Sorry your hero was shown up. No actually I am not. And I read Roissy's tripe daily. He is marginally better than boner-obsessed Roosh.

Epoetker
03-22-2014, 10:58 PM
So, how did you like his dissertation on Aquinas?

Darth Xena
03-23-2014, 08:28 AM
I didn't read that one--- didn't see that one, but maybe it is there. Didn't claim to read his whole site. If you want to call me a liar and say I don't read his site, stop being a girl, and do it outright, and then leave this thread. The latest on "Mate Guarding" was marginally interesting.

Speaking of your graceless, demonic hero, if I were a mental masochist, I would love to know the reason behind his statement that "Cougars: LOSERS"-- disclaimer: I am not a cougar and have no vested interest or care in what Roissy thinks about them, but I doubt it is rational and ultimately has to do with his penis around which he believes the world revolves. Of course he also thinks that woman who marry black men (and uses a lovely little racist slur) are losers to, but I don't care to discuss that as racism is not welcome in this thread.

I have my own reasons for not being in favour of cougars, i.e. they traditionally are simply looking for casual sex, and I am against that regardless of the age difference or who is the older of the two. Also there is some monetary advantage leverage put into place when the cougar is well-off. Men have been doing that to women for years, and I haven't approved of it then, and don't approve of it when the roles are reversed.

But Roissy really has no reason that doesn't boil down to that he think older women are vile and should remain out of site being good grandmas or go do society a favour and die or something.

Darth Executor
03-23-2014, 09:46 AM
You have obviously mistaken me for someone who cares for your confirmation. Despite my obvious inferiority for not having dangley bits, I don't.

Speaking of asshat Roissy, Futrelle gored his racist ox:

http://manboobz.com/2014/03/11/meet-dr-thaddeus-pixel-inventor-of-science/

He gored his ox by sperging about a joke? :twitch:

Speaking of your graceless, demonic hero, if I were a mental masochist, I would love to know the reason behind his statement that "Cougars: LOSERS"-- disclaimer: I am not a cougar and have no vested interest or care in what Roissy thinks about them, but I doubt it is rational and ultimately has to do with his penis around which he believes the world revolves.

Come on, you can just type cougar (http://heartiste.wordpress.com/?s=cougars) in his search engine (which nearly every major blog has these days). A few seconds' work. You'll have to find the answer yourself though because I'm not really in the mood to read those.

Darth Xena
03-23-2014, 10:22 AM
He gored his ox by sperging about a joke?

Roissy wasn't joking.

I have read the cougar articles, they don't answer my question. Basically his answer is that they are not as supple and have foul odors. Don't know what kind of women he has encountered, but it isn't my experience that odors necessarily change.

His reasons are all about HIM and his penis. As usual.

I have many single friends in the age groups he despises. They have no shortage of prospects for sex. Of course he will find some demeaning excuse for that that will involve insulting men who don't agree with him. *Some of these friends are Christians and don't take up the opportunities. Others are not Christians and do. One in particular would be called a cougar. Late fifties, and her rule in dating men is that they are at least as old as her son. And she has no shortage. And isn't rich, though she takes care of herself and has zero interest in marriage.

Darth Executor
03-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Roissy wasn't joking.

The picture itself was a joke. The manboobz guy tackled the picture, and just that. If he had tackled the underlying point (which indeed, is not a joke) it would have ended very poorly for him, which is why he didn't. Then again, I think it already ended poorly for him, but at least his progressivism remains intact.

I have read the cougar articles, they don't answer my question. Basically his answer is that they are not as supple and have foul odors. Don't know what kind of women he has encountered, but it isn't my experience that odors necessarily change.

His reasons are all about HIM and his penis. As usual.

Well, going off memory since I gotta go, but Roissy believes a woman's worth is primarily derived from her looks. Since older women generally don't look as good due to age, their value drops. If they're not married by then, they haven't capitalized on their looks by snagging a high value man when their value was highest. Hence, loser. This is also derived from his belief that women should be monogamous whereas it's more justifiable, if not outright desirable, for men to have sex with multiple women.

One in particular would be called a cougar. Late fifties, and her rule in dating men is that they are at least as old as her son. And she has no shortage. And isn't rich, though she takes care of herself and has zero interest in marriage.

It's extremely easy for most women to get sex, except maybe when and after they hit their 60s and 70s (I hear any male who makes it to a nursing home is practically Don Juan due to their scarcity).

Darth Xena
03-23-2014, 10:40 AM
The picture itself was a joke. The manboobz guy tackled the picture, and just that. If he had tackled the underlying point (which indeed, is not a joke) it would have ended very poorly for him, which is why he didn't. Then again, I think it already ended poorly for him, but at least his progressivism remains intact.

No he didn't because he wanted to focus in on how one's prejudices cause one to make an ass out of themselves which he should how Roissy did in spades.

Well, going off memory since I gotta go, but Roissy believes a woman's worth is primarily derived from her looks. Since older women generally don't look as good due to age, their value drops. If they're not married by then, they haven't capitalized on their looks by snagging a high value man when their value was highest. Hence, loser. This is also derived from his belief that women should be monogamous whereas it's more justifiable, if not outright desirable, for men to have sex with multiple women.

As I said, all about him and his penis, which he assumes all right-thinking men will have similar thoughts and penises. He is an inhuman sadist,and I think pretty coyly admits and glories in his sadism.

It's extremely easy for most women to get sex, except maybe when and after they hit their 60s and 70s (I hear any male who makes it to a nursing home is practically Don Juan due to their scarcity).

He actually at times argues it is not, and contradicts himself at other turns. And it is true about men in nursing homes which has nothing to do with Roissian nonsense, but as you say, scarcity. If all the young women died, Roissy would be chasing a lot of older skirts.

Today is my last day to read his garbage. I did it for a few months to arrive at this conclusion. I will be closing this thread as well as watching anyone try to defend this person makes me ill.

Full disclosure: Divorced in my forties, no problem at all having qualified male dates, and no problem at all with marriage prospect. Of course Roissy would come up with all kinds of "exceptions" as to why this may be the case. Sorry, it is the case with most of my later-in-life single friends. Yes,, I take care of myself, but not obsessively so. Of course I would be the object of scorn as I have had no children (my ex-husband's choice) and child-bearing is rough on the female body so I have that in my favour, but most of my friends have had children.

Roissy hates it when aging women still are desirable, have self-worth, and won't just die already. Sorry, I don't buy his garbage, and (snark snark) I read enough of his crap to know he simply isn't the great intellect he thinks he is. I am not a genius, but I suspect my IQ is markedly higher than his. Must suck to be dumber than a girl.

I hope life goes much better for him in his older age than it probably will. He has considered this already in his article on later fatherhood, but I have lost too many friends to unexpected age-related cancer and the like to know you can't bank on that. And his young little bang-buddies are not going to be there to change his cholostemy bag.

Just lost a friend at age 53 to ovarian cancer. Diagnosed 1/22/14. Died a week ago.

Our society sucks. The way we talk about and treat each other sucks. The way we demean the value of other human beings made in the image of God sucks.

Darth Executor
03-23-2014, 12:07 PM
No he didn't because he wanted to focus in on how one's prejudices cause one to make an ass out of themselves which he should how Roissy did in spades.

No, manboob made an ass of himself by doing a pixel analysis on a picture that was never meant to be a catalogue of male scientists. It is unintelligibly by design and thus doesn't matter one bit if it was cut and pasted over and over. He comes out looking like a humorless idiot to people without an axe to grind.

As I said, all about him and his penis, which he assumes all right-thinking men will have similar thoughts and penises. He is an inhuman sadist,and I think pretty coyly admits and glories in his sadism.

He is, and I appreciate his honesty. There are a lot of inhuman sadists out there who try to pass themselves off as decent human beings. I'll take an open enemy over a traitor any day.

He actually at times argues it is not, and contradicts himself at other turns.

I've never seen him say otherwise. When it comes to the "body count" of unattractive women he usually just sticks to claiming that they're having sex with unattractive men and can't get a high quality male to do it with them.

And it is true about men in nursing homes which has nothing to do with Roissian nonsense, but as you say, scarcity.

AFAIK Roissy would not disagree with my assessment.

If all the young women died, Roissy would be chasing a lot of older skirts.

Seeing how he apparently lives for sex with young, pretty women, it's more likely that he'd end up on suicide watch.

Today is my last day to read his garbage. I did it for a few months to arrive at this conclusion. I will be closing this thread as well as watching anyone try to defend this person makes me ill.

I think that's a good idea, you're personalizing the issue too much which, incidentally, would probably bring him great pleasure if he were to read this thread.

Our society sucks. The way we talk about and treat each other sucks. The way we demean the value of other human beings made in the image of God sucks.

And thanks to our progressive overlords, the relatively mild conservative opposition they get now will turn into a much more muscular and ruthless opposition led by happy sadists like Roissy and scheming hucksters like Roosh. That's probably one of the better resolutions for them. I can't say I'm all that upset about it. But that's another topic for another thread.