PDA

View Full Version : Short story

Zymologist
02-21-2016, 01:28 PM
So I wrote a short story, and though I'm not going to post it here, I'd be willing to PM or email it to people, if there's any interest in reading it. For offering feedback, or just to read something that's, hopefully, at least a little readable.

Any interest?

KingsGambit
02-21-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd like to read it.

Zymologist
02-22-2016, 08:31 AM
I'd like to read it.

Awesome, thank you! I'm messaging you on facebook about it.

Carrikature
02-22-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm definitely interested.

Sparko
02-22-2016, 09:37 AM
How about a synopsis?

Zymologist
02-22-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm definitely interested.

Great! Can you PM me your email address? If you trust me with it, naturally. :wink:

Zymologist
02-22-2016, 10:13 AM
How about a synopsis?

I'm terrible at all aspects of writing, but one thing I'm particularly terrible at is the elevator pitch. Let me think about that some and I might PM you a brief description.

Sparko
02-22-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm terrible at all aspects of writing...yeah you might want to work on that marketing.

Zymologist
02-22-2016, 10:36 AM
yeah you might want to work on that marketing.

I'm a long way from getting anything published, so I'm not too worried about marketing yet. It's just a hobby right now.

Sparko
02-22-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm a long way from getting anything published, so I'm not too worried about marketing yet. It's just a hobby right now.I was commenting on you asking if anyone wants to read your story, then saying, "I'm terrible at all aspects of writing..." :-)

Zymologist
02-22-2016, 10:47 AM
I was commenting on you asking if anyone wants to read your story, then saying, "I'm terrible at all aspects of writing..." :-)

I'm in that weird limbo where I really like the story, and think it's pretty great, but...I just wrote it, so how good can it be? It's just so hard to judge.

Edit: Also strategically lowering people's expectations. :grin:

rogue06
02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm in that weird limbo where I really like the story, and think it's pretty great, but...I just wrote it, so how good can it be? It's just so hard to judge.

Edit: Also strategically lowering people's expectations. :grin:
I got your email and will probably read it this weekend.

Sparko
02-22-2016, 11:28 AM
well if it has bacon in it, that would be a good selling point.

Zymologist
03-28-2016, 08:41 AM
I managed to sit on this thing for a few weeks without really looking at it, and I gave it a read through on Saturday. I actually still liked it quite a bit, and it's still by far my favorite of the stuff I've written.

I did, however, notice some little things that I didn't like. Several of these were comments that other people had made, that I generally agreed with. There were some sentences/phrases here and there that just read awkwardly, or didn't seem to fit character. So I fixed those.

But I'd also been thinking that the ending could use a little work, and I had an idea to do it. I tried it out, and I really liked the result. So now what I've got is the same story, only it reads a little more smoothly (I think), and the ending is a good deal more impactful.

rogue06
03-28-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry that I still haven't gotten around to reading your short story as I've had several things come up irl and am guilty of spacing and forgetting. I will definitely read it this week.

Zymologist
03-28-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry that I still haven't gotten around to reading your short story as I've had several things come up irl and am guilty of spacing and forgetting. I will definitely read it this week.

Oh no problem. Since you haven't read it yet, though, I'm going to send you the updated version so you can read that instead. (Or both, if you really want, but I'd say just the new version.)

Carrikature
03-29-2016, 09:30 AM
I read it and forgot to get back to you. :/

Would you mind sending me your updated version? I'd love to see what you did to it.

Zymologist
03-29-2016, 11:52 AM
I read it and forgot to get back to you. :/

Would you mind sending me your updated version? I'd love to see what you did to it.

Sure thing!