Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

My second poetry collection: Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second poetry collection: Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

I have a new poetry collection out that went live at Amazon yesterday.

Heroes and Wonders concept003.jpg

It's a collection of poems dealing with heroes and wonders of the grand type we see depicted in our favourite epics as well as inspiring everyday examples that only a few ever notice. Beauty to enjoy, courage to inspire, wisdom and folly to admire and avoid.

Highlights include a heartfelt celebration of a life well lived (which I wrote for my mum's surprise 70th birthday party), the story of a survivor of China’s brutal one child policy (which I posted here in the prolife section a while ago), an uplifting appreciation of nature’s cycles, an ode to the memory of Sir Nicholas Winton (also posted here in the memorial garden), and a grand tale of a beast that haunts the hearts of men and one man's attempts to hunt it down (the longest poem I've ever written).

The book can be picked up on amazon kindle here

Or you can jump straight in to preview it here

(both of the above links use the tweb affiliate tag)

A paperback version can be bought from createspace (does amazon affiliate extend to createspace or not?), it will be available from amazon in a few days.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

The paperback is now available from amazon, and looks very nice in the flesh:

HaW_promo_shot_01s.jpg

the ebook is also now only $1.99 (or equivalent in other territories)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

A positive review of the collection from the society of Classical Poets:

https://benzwycky.com/2016/05/09/rev...s-and-wonders/

A Hope That Burns

Comment

On a kindle countdown deal this week for 99 cents, along with Nobility Among Us. The first poetry collection was permanently reduced to 99 cents earlier.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Someone at Amazon has decided to offer my second poetry collection at a massive discount for Amazon Prime members, from my location appearing to be priced below the cost of the ebook version, and at the same time eligible for free delivery. I have no idea how this came about, or how long this discount will apply, but anyone with an Amazon Prime membership thinking about grabbing a copy should use this window of opportunity.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Thanks for the head's up

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X