Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Good PC co-op games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good PC co-op games

A couple friends and I are looking for good co-op PC games. We've played these:

1. Diablo 3
    2. Don't Starve Together
    3. Divinity: Original Sin (actually a 2-player co-op, but we used a mod. Great game, and surprisingly funny besides.)
    4. Borderlands 2, probably the funniest video game I've ever played
    5. A variety of PVP games, like Smite, Heroes of the Storm, Paladins, and even the Unreal Tournament 4 pre-alpha.

But we're looking for some good campaign-type co-op games, that allow three players. There seems to be a very limited pool of these. We've considered Left 4 Dead, and may yet get these, though one of us has already beaten both of them. Any other suggestions?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Dad gum autocorrect.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I believe Far Cry 3 and 4 have co-op, and those are fun.

Comment

Was trying to post from my phone earlier,

My son recommended Minecraft.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Transformers: War for Cybertron has a 3-player campaign.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Lord of the Rings War in the North, Dungeon Defenders, Sanctum 2, and I think TMNT Out of the Shadows allows 4 players over an internet connection. Dungeon Defenders 2 isn't as good, but it does have the benefit of being free to play. Warframe is co-op, but not much of a "campaign", just a few quests that are being added to slowly. New update is coming up though, so it could have some really cool stuff.

I have Don't Starve Together, Left 4 Dead 2, and all the games I just listed. If you need a fourth player let me know.

Comment

Any MMO ever?
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                Any MMO ever?
                We haven't even really thought of MMO's...I'll bring that up with them. Derp.

Edit: The derp is directed at us, for not thinking of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

As far as MMO's I like DC Universe Online, although I hate their "free to play" model is, it's more like a demo. You want to go further than the base game and you either have to subscribe, which on PC opens up(to a degree anyway) most all of the games they make, or you have to buy DLC. I also like Star Trek Online, but haven't played it in forever. I suppose the Steam Controller now gives me a good incentive to go back in there and try fiddling with things again. Champions Online is cool too. Best character creator I've used in a game, but IMO the combat just isn't exciting like in DCUO. If you combined some things from CO, and DCUO, and made it the Marvel comics universe it would be an absolute dream of a game IMO.

Oh, I see you play Diablo 3. I hear that it's rather similar to Torchlight 2. You might give that one a look. I'm not sure how many players you can get going on that. Probably at least 4, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

I think MMO's aren't on the radar for most gamers unless they already play MMOs. I would much rather play an MMO, personally, but I don't usually have friends to play with. Early on that's not a problem, but later stage in most MMO's you really need a team. The main concepts these days seem to be one-time-fee (Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online), or free-to-play with member subscriptions (DC Universe, The Secret World, LOTRO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc).
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I think MMO's aren't on the radar for most gamers unless they already play MMOs. I would much rather play an MMO, personally, but I don't usually have friends to play with. Early on that's not a problem, but later stage in most MMO's you really need a team. The main concepts these days seem to be one-time-fee (Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online), or free-to-play with member subscriptions (DC Universe, The Secret World, LOTRO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc).
                      Not having people to play with has been a problem for me at times too. Luckily they recently added in cross platform play for DCUO, so now I get to play with a buddy who I play PS3 games with. The biggest problem has been that the DLC cost so much. I have a few, but that only really lasts so long. Lasts even less when you are playing with someone who has way better gear than the content requires.

Comment

Well I have about 20 SW:TOR characters of varying levels, so that's at least one person.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                          Well I have about 20 SW:TOR characters of varying levels, so that's at least one person.
                          I downloaded it this past weekend and put in 10-12 hours. I liked it well enough, but I dislike being beat over the head about subscribing. The sort of subscription model they have is honestly putting me off of the game, which is a shame.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

We're giving SW:TOR a try. We haven't quite gotten past our starter worlds yet, so hard to make a judgment on what I think about it so far.

Comment

I downloaded it this past weekend and put in 10-12 hours. I liked it well enough, but I dislike being beat over the head about subscribing. The sort of subscription model they have is honestly putting me off of the game, which is a shame.
                              Yeah, they do the same over in games like EQ2. I think they are a bit ridiculous on the model they use for DCUO, but at least they aren't asking to to subscribe every 5-20 minutes.

Have you tried Star Trek Online? It's pretty good, and they don't constantly remind you to subscribe. You can also try to earn just about anything the game has by trading a special type of currency in the game. I think they call it "dilithium crystals" for STO. Champions Online is run on the same model. Both games are pretty good, I just wish that the combat in CO was a bit more interactive. I rather dislike the "auto attacks" that many MMO games use for basic attacks. STO doesn't use that fortunately, but the problem of not having anyone to play with kind of outweighs my desire to play the game.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X