Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Madness's Revelation, A Short Story - Warning: Multiple Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madness's Revelation, A Short Story - Warning: Multiple Triggers

But where was your resurrection?"

He sat waiting in the park...

**** He was sitting on an old wooden bench in the park evening had fallen and the cold was sinking into his jacket and jeans but he could only feel the rise and fall of all things coming into and out of existence as the madness deepened, and as the evening deepened it's sinking hold on the park like an adder's grip on a mouse.

**** The madness was flowing over him in waves. Driviling down his shirt like a heavy down pour. Wave after wavv:vs a sszx!
    Wave after wave of energy washed over him.

**** Before him was the world and all of it its creatures and within him the sacred silence was disturbed by the sound of voices arguing and fighting amongst themselves as to his fate, but his mind had gone beyond all this as the all consuming madness gripped him.

The park was quiet now...

The park was quiet now, there were not very many people here now.

**** But as this being stood or sat outside waiting on a fate he could not imagine a being was coming up to sit beside him compelled by an inner witness that the one on the bench could not understand or feel.

"A beautiful night." Said the creature who now sat before him though he, the boy, had not seen him approach.

"Do you mind if I sit down here?"

"Sure." He responded barely knowing where he was.

"It's a free country isn't it?"

*** The being who sat before him was a black anthro cat in a suit with a book in his hand.
    His deep yellow eyes were shining in the dimming light of the evening, and there was a gentle kindness there but also a persistence. His suit was, it was an almost carpet color of brown and black. The book a black Knightley leather with gold gilding the pages' edges.

He began to talk to the being who sat to the boy about the nature of things and about the Bible and God's truth.

"Son do you know who made all this?"

"But where was your ressurection?" A voice spoke which the boy, but not the cat, heard.

**** And here he, the cat, jestured to the park around them.

"I value the nursing mother." And the boy responded by drawing a circle in the air, but he was not really talking to the man or to the cat I should say he was talking to the beings who stood before him who are arguing over his fate.

"Heaven and earth are impartial. I thought you, sir, would be like heaven and earth." The boy spoke.

"But perhaps," he continued,

"I am one of those who is cursed by heaven."

"God loves all of his creatures." The cat spoke.

"He loves me and He loves you too son."

**** One of the creatures was an old man with a beard, thick eyebrows and owlish eyes with circular glasses and a black suit and a red tie, one a brown anthro creature with a red shirt and blue jeans, and the other two had no face and or name. They were just madness itself.

"So you think the world's a circle?" said the cat.

"That's an interesting view I haven't come across in a long time."

"So you worship a circle." Said the Cat pastor, his eyes almost glowing,

"You think a circle made everything and anything."

"Heaven and earth came into being with me. Heaven and earth and I and everything in it are one."

**** His words rang hollow against the beings who were fighting, only silencing them for a moment.

The old man spoke, owlish eyes glowing, "This world is all there is. No one made it. When you die there is nothing. Give up fool and Darwin award winner."

"Son, it is God who made the heavens and the Earth. He loves you."

The old man spoke again, "Don't you see this world is all there is? Give up your comforting thoughts of your friends." He continued more gently.

"Dont give in to the influences of this world. Turn to Jesus. Dont you see He can help you?"

"There's nothing after this life. You'll just die, and cease to exist."

"Shut up! What do you know!" the boy said the boys screamed and no one in particular.

"I've been where you are, son. Please hear me out." The cat spoke.

"If I'm nothing what does that make you?" The boy spoke.

"I'm nothing but for the grace of God." The cat spoke.

"You are valuable in His sight."

"You are an ape who dances to his genes. You have no free will."

"God gave you a choice, but he controls everything."

"Don't fight the Lord," said the cat.

"God's plan for you is perfect."

"(Know this ok? moreover ) You have no ultimate significance. Neither does the universe."

"He will always win."

"Genes and environment will always win."

"He stood dumb before his shearers..." The boy spoke.

"Yes he did son." The cat spoke.

"But where was your ressurection?"

**** One of them who stood before him took the form of a woman or two women almost one young and bright and one old and withered but both had the same intensity in their eyes and faces which glowed like the Sun with a heavenly light. She was like a saint or an angel and she spoke asking him,

"What are your premises?"

"I don't know anymore." said the boy.

"Existence Exists." She responded

"And man is a heroic being struggling against the forces of nature and society."

"But I can't be those things!" said the boy.

"And anyway how are you here talking to me?" The boy continued.
    "If you really are here then at least one of your premises were false about existence. Existence is greater than you could imagine. It is your mind that limits it."

"Wishing wont make it so." She stated.

"And it is not me who limits existence. Existence itself is self-limiting. That is why we have absolutes. You cant just wish your friends into existence anymore than you can wish cream puffs and tarts to fall from the sky."

"And where was your resurrection?" The other nameless madness responded.

"Where and not who is John Galt is the question." The boy said.

"Man is a sinner in need of a Savior." The cat was speaking. "Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, the curse of the Old Testament."

The cat continued, "But he must live in your heart son."

"And you cant just wish John Galt into existence either." The boy was speaking.

"It is not me who is with you. It is my ideals." Said Rand.

"I don't exist anymore."

"Perhaps that is why," he said, "you look so heavenly rather than Earthly." The boy spoke.

"Christ shines with a heavenly light son. Dont turn away from him."

"It's not me who is unearthly." She responded.

"It is your beliefs."

"But without you I would not be talking to them." The boy responded.

"Christ loves you son." The cat was speaking to them about the fulfilment of the Old testament in Christ.

*** The brown anthro creature looked at him and said to him, "You are such a baby. How could you let yourself get into this situation? You're so stupid."

*** The boy laughed thinking about the years of abuse he had witnessed at the hands of others and of his family and father, of the things he had seen and soldiered through which would have put other people in therapy for years "any one of them," he thought and he thought of the secrets he kept and the lies he told for the sake of faithfulness.

"What do you," he said to the creature,

"what do you know about any of that?"

"You're just a baby and a child." Said the creature.

"You don't even have it as bad as the Israelites did."

"And they didn't complain?" Screamed the boy.

"You're just a baby and a liar. You're stupid." said the creature and the boy thought of a phrase he had heard on Keys for Kids years ago:

"And how about you?" He responded to the creature.

"How about you with a the thousands you claim to have helped. How many when they took a second look ended up amongst the ranks of that one," and here he pointed, here the boy did to the man with
    the beard.

"His views are childish fantasy." Said the man in the beard, Zwigi Randi Darwin.

"His Savior has never returned."

"He fulfilled many of the prophecies in the first century." The brown anthro creature responded.

"Idiot." Added the brown anthro creature.

"That's fantasy on top of fantasy." Scoffed Zwigi.

"You are a fool with no sense of scholarship." The brown anthro creature responded.

"He was dumb before his shearers." The boy said.

"You have responded to all of us, moron." Said the brown anthro creature.

"Not All of you." Responded the boy.

"You are a fool Edited by a Moderator. You are nothing but a coward."

"And how about you hiding out on a hidden part of a forum hurtling insults like Gatlin gun shells at literally no one who can respond to you." But it was his subconscious mind responding now. The boy was elsewhere now.

"You have responded to all of us, moron." The creature repeated.

"Not All of you." The boy responded.

"But where was your resurrection?" The madness responded, It's faceless form looking to the boy with tail wagging.

"You have no proof." said that the anthro creature and the boy.

"How could we?" said the boy

"You don't let your work be archived. You can change it anytime and make up anything you want, and there is no consolidated resource for those whove been harmed by you."

"What do you know of me!? What do you know of me!?" The boy screamed again, at the brown anthro creature and to no one.

He thought of the people and animals he had watched die from neglect on his knowledge growing up and after. He thought of the excuses he had been told and threats that had been made to him if he should ever say anything as a child. He thought of the years he had stayed in that situation when he should have left. He thought of how in the end he had let himself be bought off with food and cigarettes and vitamins and things and a place to stay. And he realized that the people who had done this, who he had witnessed do these things would never change and would never admit they had done anything wrong. And he realized it was not faithfulness which had kept him here, it was just the easier choice.

"You didn't have it as bad as them."

"What do you know about me God________!"

But then he said,

"Couldnt you tell I was pleading for your help?"

"We dont want you in our kingdom."

"Calm down son." The cat was speaking.

Then,

The cat looked at the boy a slow realization dawning on him,

"Who are you talking to son?"

"Who were you talking to son?"

"THE LORD apparently," said the boy and he laughed and his laughter echoed through the bitter night.

Edited by a Moderator
    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 03-05-2016, 04:35 PM.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X