Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

MA Thesis: Home Stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA Thesis: Home Stretch

My story: I have been working on this degree (MA in History of Christianity in America at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) for a long time. When I began working on the degree, I was married and had one child, a little girl who is mildly disabled. In 2013, I was close to finishing the degree, but I got pregnant with our 2nd. That was when my then-husband effectively abandoned us (an emotional affair with a co-worker and later a physical affair were all factors). I had to return to full-time work at seven months pregnant for the first time in seven years in order to support us. My son was born in September 2013; my husband and I divorced in October 2014, a few days before our 11-year anniversary. (I tell my story in more detail on my blog, here.)

Fast forward to now. My son is 2.5 years old, my 9-year-old daughter has adjusted to the divorce, and I'm making some headway with my career. I am done with all of the requirements for the degree except for turning in and defending the thesis. Writing it has been slow and painful because it's hard to get any writing done with my kids around.

The thesis is due on Wednesday, March 16th. I have one more chapter to write, plus the conclusion (which should write itself) plus some revision of earlier chapters. I can reliably do 2-3 pages a day if I'm not taking a day off to write (which I'm trying to avoid). I'm also having surgery on the morning of the 16th. It's not serious, but I need to hand in my thesis that morning or I'm not getting this done anytime soon because I doubt I'll want to write while I'm recovering.

If that doesn't sound like enough on my plate, I work full-time and I'm finishing a human resources certificate at the local community college. Every Tuesday night I am in classes for 4 hrs. (We will be off Spring Break, the Tuesday after my surgery.)

Anyhow, I would just like to ask for prayers this week as I finish my thesis. I need to be on-point this week or it's not going to happen---and I really, really want to get done and walk in the May commencement this year. Thank you for listening.
    "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Just saw this.

Let us know how it went.

Comment

You shame and awe me with your dedication.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Hey everyone,

I turned in my master's thesis on Wednesday, March 16th, on-schedule on the way to the hospital for my surgery that morning.

I still plan significant revision and expansion of the draft before the final copy is due May 1st, but I have something turned in. If I want to graduate in May, I almost certainly will.

The surgery went well and I have been recovering at home with my children. I've managed to keep turning in assignments for my HR class. I go back to work tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for the prayers. That good people and good Christians have supported me and my family has truly gotten me through these past few difficult years.
                "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

Defended my thesis, turned in the final copy, graduated. Thanks everyone who thought of me.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

LOL. Praise the Lord!
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Way to go MsJack!! Praise the Lord!

Comment

Super congratulations!

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

Comment